[ROM][GB][GSM]AuroraPlay v2.0.0[AdrenoBooster][Updated 06/02/2014]

Search This thread

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
I think you can do something for the home.apk
Its not like xperia z(its not like it at all)

What did you have in mind?

We have to keep in mind that Gingerbread is only API level 10. It'll never look, perform or act exactly like the firmware/ROM on an Xperia Z.

Hi,

Is anyone having problems sharing via bluetooth? I can't seem to be able to send items through bluetooth.

I use this feature all the time. Sending files or connecting to my car, bluetooth works perfectly.

Have you disabled the Bluetooth services by any chance, in ES File Explorer (startup)?

If not, I have no idea why it wouldn't be working... What does it do/not do?

Yeah the settings and notification bar look like it but status bar and home need some changes to look More like Xperia z but the roms still awesome though

Sent from my Xperia Play (r800x)

Hopefully the changes in the new version already fit the bill here. If not, let me know for the next version. :)

The aim isn't to make it look 100% like the Xperia Z. At the end of the day the Xperia Play isn't an Xperia Z, so I don't see any point in trying to mimic it completely. The Xperia Play still needs it's own 'uniqueness' apart from it's controller. :p

Reactions: abdel12345

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
What did you have in mind?

We have to keep in mind that Gingerbread is only API level 10. It'll never look, perform or act exactly like the firmware/ROM on an Xperia Z.

I use this feature all the time. Sending files or connecting to my car, bluetooth works perfectly.

Have you disabled the Bluetooth services by any chance, in ES File Explorer (startup)?

If not, I have no idea why it wouldn't be working... What does it do/not do?

Hopefully the changes in the new version already fit the bill here. If not, let me know for the next version. :)

The aim isn't to make it look 100% like the Xperia Z. At the end of the day the Xperia Play isn't an Xperia Z, so I don't see any point in trying to mimic it completely. The Xperia Play still needs it's own 'uniqueness' apart from it's controller. :p

Well the rom looks great so far and I can't wait for the final version. Have you given sewar permission to port it because he said earlier hed try to port it for cdma? And your right about the uniqueness though xperia z does look sexy. Anyways I hope sewar is able to port for r800x id love to have this and other gsm roms for cdma. They all look awesome

Sent from my Xperia Play (r800x)

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Spizzy - but you are going to change pop-up after pressing menu button, right?

Also there is a tiny problem with toggles when they are turned off. Graphic problem to be precise. WiFi is outlined in white colour when most of the other toggles aren't, they look different therefore pattern of their looks is different. If you don't know what I'm talking about then don't hesitate to write it, I'll post edited screenshot with explanation ;)

Sent from my own planet using ion cannon :D

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
Spizzy - but you are going to change pop-up after pressing menu button, right?

Also there is a tiny problem with toggles when they are turned off. Graphic problem to be precise. WiFi is outlined in white colour when most of the other toggles aren't, they look different therefore pattern of their looks is different. If you don't know what I'm talking about then don't hesitate to write it, I'll post edited screenshot with explanation ;)

Change the pop up menu? What look should it have?

The resource image issue you mentioned is in the change log of the next version. Its been fixed.

Sent from my AuroraPlay driven R800i using xda-premium.

Last edited:
Reactions: olokos

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
Toggle network mode not working on mine. Nothing change while i touch

Sent from my R800i using xda premium
If you press and hold the button it will load the Network Settings for you to be able to toggle it.

This is as good as it gets as I haven't been able to get the QuickPanel settings to be able to change the setting directly. (As it's a selection option and not an on/off switch)

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
chance the pop up menu? What look should it have?

The resource image issue you mentioned is in the change log of the next version. Its been fixed.

Sent from my AuroraPlay driven R800i using xda-premium.

Your rom is beautiful, BUT after you press menu button in stock launcher you can see the ugliest thing ever designed, seriously, it just ruins this astonishingly great look that you have created. Please, seriously change it to anything else which actually is nice to look at. Miui menu? JB menu?

I'm sorry if it looks offensive but I'm after watching one and a half season of top gear. :) I don't want to go rude or mean, I just want to express myself in the best way I possibly can.

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
Your rom is beautiful, BUT after you press menu button in stock launcher you can see the ugliest thing ever designed, seriously, it just ruins this astonishingly great look that you have created. Please, seriously change it to anything else which actually is nice to look at. Miui menu? JB menu?

I'm sorry if it looks offensive but I'm after watching one and a half season of top gear. :) I don't want to go rude or mean, I just want to express myself in the best way I possibly can.

It seems no one has tried to do this for the Xperia Launcher before, so I doubt I'll be able to do it 'easily'.

It would take hours to work it out, so whilst I will most likely end up doing this... It won't be ready for the next version.

Reactions: olokos

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
AuroraPlay v1.0.0 Released

Changelog
  • Add Music Controls to Lockscreen
  • Changes to SystemUI - More Xperia Z-like
  • Fix Dock App Auto-Load - Done
  • Add Lockscreen Settings to Settings.apk
  • Change Bootanimation Again Due To Requests - Cancelled
  • Fix App Text Area Imagery
  • Updated ES File Explorer to v3.0.1
  • Fix Alarm Icon Imagery
  • Updated Google Login Service
  • Updated Google Services Framework
  • Updated Google Services APK - Done
  • Further Reductions in APK File Sizes
  • Updated Semc Desk Clock APK
  • Fix Music Track Change on Long Press Vol +/- - WIP/Broken - Moved to next version (Requires completely rebuilding all previous android.policy.jar mods or choosing between this one mod, and all the others i.e. Lockscreen, Smooth Loading Circles, Increased Audio etc.)
  • Updated to AdrenoBooster v0.6
  • Multiple Build.prop Tweaks
  • Full GPU Hardware Accelleration - (Removed, Greatly Reduces Gaming Performance)
  • Fix Wireless Setting Toggle Imagery
  • Added Multiple Default APNs (Over 1300 APNs added!)
  • Separate ZIPs for Locked/Unlocked Bootloaders
  • Add Date & Time to Notification Bar
  • Add Settings Shortcut to Notification Bar
  • Move Carrier Name from Notification Bar (Now Only Present on Open/Close)
  • Fix/Replace QuickPanel Settings Imagery
  • Fixed Google Talk Video Chat
  • Improved Battery Performance
  • Improved I/O Performance - Should keep things smooth
  • Disabled Signature Checking
  • Added Original/Classic Live Wallpapers - Done (They're only 100kb or so each)
  • Updated SEMC Email App
  • Fixed Service Menu Access Bug
  • Partially Based on FW 4.0.2.A.0.79
  • Updated Google Talk App
  • Fix SystemUI 'Clear' Imagery
  • Fix Lockscreen Imagery
  • Added Sound Recorder
  • Updated Resources of Phonebook APK
  • Updated Resources of SemcPhone APK
  • Updated Resources of Conversations APK
  • Smaller Settings Bars in Settings.apk
  • Updated Battery Animation/Icon
  • Fix In-Call Notification Display
Yes, I know this was long awaited and long overdue... But it's here now! I've got a few things lined up for the next version already which I was hoping to include in this version but unfortunately time is not on my side at the moment so it is what it is. The next update may be 1 - 2 months, I really cannot say - I've got loads of stuff on at the moment and won't be able to start work on the next version until June.

Until then, I'll of course give support as much as I can.

Also, please be aware that from now on (to ensure everything is working) I'll be releasing two versions of AuroraPlay for each update. A ULB version which is for those who have an Unlocked Bootloader, and a LB version which will be for those who have a Locked Bootloader. Both versions are exactly the same in terms of features however the Locked Bootloader has an older version of SuperUser installed which works perfectly without any issues for people who have locked bootloaders.

If you still want the latest version of SU but have a locked bootloader, simply flash the ULB version and fix it yourself if you can. :)

Download
As always, a format is highly recommended but is not required.

AuroraPlay v1.0.0 (Unlocked Bootloaders) from NovaProject.co.uk
AuroraPlay v1.0.0 (Unlocked Bootloaders) from MediaFire

AuroraPlay v1.0.0 (Locked Bootloaders) from NovaProject.co.uk
AuroraPlay v1.0.0 (Locked Bootloaders) from MediaFire

Also - I'm going to go ahead and admit that it was rushed towards the end. If anyone is unhappy with this (although I've not found any bugs as of yet) then please take it up with all the people who have PMed me asking for ETA's and release times etc.

Last edited:

romeo_charly

Mar 15, 2012
Concepcion

Changelog
  • Fix Alarm Icon Imagery
  • Fix Music Track Change on Long Press Vol +/- - WIP/Broken - Moved to next version (Requires completely rebuilding all previous android.policy.jar mods or choosing between this one mod, and all the others i.e. Lockscreen, Smooth Loading Circles, Increased Audio etc.)
  • Full GPU Hardware Accelleration - (Removed, Greatly Reduces Gaming Performance)
  • Updated SEMC Email App
  • Fix Lockscreen Imagery
  • Added Sound Recorder
Yes, I know this was long awaited and long overdue... But it's here now! I've got a few things lined up for the next version already which I was hoping to include in this version but unfortunately time is not on my side at the moment so it is what it is. The next update may be 1 - 2 months, I really cannot say - I've got loads of stuff on at the moment and won't be able to start work on the next version until June.

Also, please be aware that from now on (to ensure everything is working) I'll be releasing two versions of AuroraPlay for each update. A ULB version which is for those who have an Unlocked Bootloader, and a LB version which will be for those who have a Locked Bootloader. Both versions are exactly the same in terms of features however the Locked Bootloader has an older version of SuperUser installed which works perfectly without any issues for people who have locked bootloaders.

If you still want the latest version of SU but have a locked bootloader, simply flash the ULB version and fix it yourself if you can. :)

Download

AuroraPlay v1.0.0 (Unlocked Bootloaders) from MediaFire - Will upload soon

AuroraPlay v1.0.0 (Locked Bootloaders) from MediaFire - Will upload soon

Also - I'm going to go ahead and admit that it was rushed towards the end. If anyone is unhappy with this (although I've not found any bugs as of yet) then please take it up with all the people who have PMed me asking for ETA's and release times etc.

Sorry for the question, but what are the differences between Aurora Play 1.0.0 for locked bootloaders and for unlocked???

szempek555

Mar 11, 2010
Well just tested it with LuPuS STOCK ICS&GBv5, played a couple of game HD ones and gaming preformance for me is very bad. What can that be from?

pedyvirus

Nov 9, 2012
shiraz
removing adreno booster

One question @spizzy ..
To remove adrenobooster, install the zip Adreno_Booster_Removal_Tool.zip?? or how else if not?
you can use that script but if didint work(but it will work) you can use this method(i use this my self)
Navigate to the following locations and remove the files.

/system/etc/init.d - Filename: 93adreno
/system/etc - Filename: adreno_config.txt
/data/local/tmp - Filename: adreno_config.txt
(taken from [MOD][GB] AdrenoBooster v0.6 [2x Graphics Performance!][Updated: 27/04/2013])

i cant donwload the v1 :(
my speed is very low on that server :(

Last edited:

velan1

Jan 16, 2013
chennai
can i flash this over 0.9.0, coz i want my previous data also, if i flash this over will the previous data will be there or lost?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi47.tinypic.com%2Fm3iuu.png

For locked and unlocked bootloaders

Code:
    Your warranty is now void...

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because your phone 
    bootloops and your alarm does not go off. Please do some research 
    if you have any concerns about features included in my ROM before using it! 
    YOU and only YOU are choosing to make these modifications.

For a 'Light Edition' of this ROM please see this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2371539

I'll quickly mention a few of the features of this ROM... I highly suggest giving it a test-drive however! (See screenshots)

• Xperia Z Themed With a 'Personal' Feel
    • After initial boot/install, ROM boots in around 3 - 4 seconds
    • Plenty of free RAM - Over 280MB!
    • Tweaked for increased performance (3G/Graphics/Sound/CPU)
    • Supercharged
    • Multi-boot aware
    • ICS Keyboard
    • All the goodies from the NXT LE ROM
    • AdrenoBooster Ready (Customised)
    • Init.d Support
    • CWM Ready
    • Compatible with Turbo Kernel
    • Compatible with Lupus GB Kernel
    • Compatible with Lupus Stock ICS/GB Kernel
    • Compatible with DoomKernel
    • Mobile Bravia Engine
    • Sony X-Loud
    • Other Sound Boosters/Tweaks
    • Swipe-to-Remove Notifications
    • Loads more... (Check Changelogs)

Nothing! Again, as far as i know...

Let me know if something doesn't seem to work as desired!

Only known issues are that on first boot the Keyboard doesn't work. This is why the system must be rebooted after first boot for this to work correctly.
    Also - The camera app can sometimes not connect to the camera. This is because the SystemUI (Notification Bar) has taken control of it for use with the 'Flashlight' function. If you load the Camera a few times it will eventually work.

Installation Instructions

Unlocked Bootloaders
    1. Perform a Nandroid backup of your current ROM
    2. Install firmware 4.0.2.A.0.58 Enhanced from the downloads section below. (Only required if you don't already have it installed - This is used to get the right baseband and 420mb DATA partition.)
    3. Install DoomLord's V14 DoomKernel (See download section below) - the LuPuS GB Kernel is also compatible, and in some cases better than the DoomKernel.
    4. Perform factory reset (wipe Data/Cache) - If you had a GB ROM installed previous, you MIGHT not have to do this. However if the ROM isn't working right after install, it is recommended you perform a reinstall & factory reset.
    5. Format System (Mounts & Storage in ClockWorkMod)
    6. Flash ROM from the downloads section below
    7. Install DoomKernel's V14 Wifi Modules (Link in downloads section)
    8. After initial boot, perform an additional reboot to ensure everything is settled

Locked Bootloaders

Please do not mirror any AuroraPlay downloads. Thanks!
    AuroraPlay v2.0.0

Old Releases

AuroraPlay v1.1.0

AuroraPlay v1.0.1

AuroraPlay v1.0.0

AuroraPlay v0.9.0

AuroraPlay v0.8.1 Patch

DATA Formatting Disabled in this version
    AuroraPlay v0.8.0 Update Post
    AuroraPlay v0.8.0
    AuroraPlay v0.8.0 - Mirror #1

This version WILL format SYSTEM and DATA.
    AuroraPlay v0.7
    AuroraPlay v0.7 - Mirror #1

AuroraPlay v0.6
    AuroraPlay v0.6 - Mirror #1

AuroraPlay v0.5
    AuroraPlay v0.5 - Mirror #1

AuroraPlay v0.4 - Out of bandwidth
    AuroraPlay v0.4 - Mirror #1
    AuroraPlay v0.4 'Complete' Edition
    Also - Be sure to flash the 'Complete' addon pack for the extra apps/themes from v0.3.

Data wipe for v0.3 highly recommended!
    AuroraPlay v0.3 Final - Out of bandwidth
    AuroraPlay v0.3 Final - Mirror #1

AuroraPlay v0.3 Release Candidate - Out of bandwidth
    AuroraPlay v0.3 Release Candidate - Mirror #1

AuroraPlay v0.2
    AuroraPlay v0.2 - Mirror #1

AuroraPlay v0.1
    AuroraPlay v0.1 - Mirror #1

[Firmware] [GSM] R800i 4.0.2.A.0.58 Enhanced

DoomKernel V14

DoomKernel V14 Wifi Modules

Thanks @smokerman

Note: Video is running AuroraPlay v1.0.0, not v1.1. Also, extra apps have been installed.

Krissdee - For his awesome initial NXT LE ROM and for allowing me to use it as a base for this ROM.
    CosmicDan - For his Multiboot 'Turbo Kernel' and numerous other additions/mods for the Play.
    Wedgess - His LuPuS GB Kernel is the perfect companion of AuroraPlay and is highly recommended.
    DoomLord - For his awesome DoomKernel which almost all GB users have used for litterally years now.
    Xperia Play Development Community - For never giving up.
    vokal1992 - For being a legend, and I used 1 or 2 apps from his Gin2JB theme in the earlier versions of AuroraPlay (v0.1/v0.2)

If you like my ROM, please click 'Thanks'.

Changelog

Latest Version: AuroraPlay v2.0.0 Final

• Fixed WiFi Connection Issue
    • Multiple Performance Tweaks
    • Partial Hardware Accelleration from Beta (Best for Performance)
    • AdrenoBooster Remains Disabled - Change Filename to Enable or Flash AdrenoBooster

AuroraPlay v2.0.0 Public Beta

Note: I do NOT recommend the use of Extreme Kernel with AuroraPlay.

• Fixed Initial Installation Keyboard Bug
    • Massive improvement on RAM usage
    • Decreased memory requirements for Android System (more free RAM)
    • SYSTEM partition decreased by 60mb - No functionality removed
    • Updated various libs & assets
    • AdrenoBooster tweaks for improved graphics performance (AdrenoBooster disabled in 'beta')
    • Build.prop updates
    • Moved ES apps to DATA
    • Update ZIP less than 100MB
    • Updated Settings.apk
    • Changed to SuperSu (Superuser) and updated Binary
    • Enabled SWAP (Only used when RAM is full)
    • Fixed multiple background errors/bugs (appeared in logcat only)
    • Disabled GPU hardware accelleration (Beta only - for testing)

AuroraPlay v0.1

• Initial release

AuroraPlay v0.2

• Added 'Gmail' app to /System
    • Fixed import contacts from SD Card/SIM
    • Changed System BootAnimation
    • Changed Default Wallpaper
    • Installed & changed default fonts
    • Made SystemUI (Status Bar) transparent - Some transparency effects are not compatible with Holo Launcher
    • Various speed & performance tweaks
    • Boots even faster!

AuroraPlay v0.3 RC

• Added Beats Audio Engine (Please give feedback)
    • Changed Default Music Player
    • Added Music Player Widget
    • Possible fix for XLoud audio issues when playing music
    • Fixed Wallpaper Chooser
    • Added New Wallpapers
    • Added ClearBass
    • Updated Font – Should fix Filename/Drive issues
    • Added DSP Manager (Please give feedback)
    • Updated HoloLauncher to Latest Version (REMOVED)
    • Updates to Settings.apk
    • Added QuickPanel Settings as requested
    • Added Xperia Z Wallpapers (Some)
    • Added Xperia Z Sounds/Notifications
    • Included SEMC Setup Wizard
    • Final attempt at getting Xperia Weather Widget
    • Updated Adreno Libs (Please test performance!) (Removed from RC)
    • Updated Notification Bar – To Support QuickPanel Changes
    • Removed HoloLauncher & Replaced with Xperia Home (Let me know your opinions on this, bear in mind this fixes all widget issues)
    • Added Some Xperia Widgets
    • Fixes and Updates to build.prop
    • Updated SystemUI.apk (Still working on this, QuickPanel might not work properly still)
    • Removed PS Store (I intend to create a seperate update.zip for this - Give feedback/view please)
    • Removed SEMC Digital Clock

AuroraPlay v0.3 Final

• Flashlight App Removed as 'Flashlight' present in SystemUI
    • Optimized Launcher & Reduced Size
    • Removed DSP Manager - Not quite as good as I had hoped
    • Updated Sound Enhancement APK - Fix bug from RC
    • Updated On/Off Widgets
    • Updated SEMC Calculator
    • Updated Browser
    • Fixed xLoud Issues - Sound Levels should be OK now

AuroraPlay v0.4

• This update WILL format DATA & CACHE
    • Removed Gmail App - Doesn't Like Being in /System
    • Updated Frameworks
    • ROM is now Multi-boot Aware
    • Enable Track Skip with Vol +/- Buttons
    • Add 'Supremacy' Script to ROM (thanks emwno) - Should speed things up a bit??
    • Cleaned up SYSTEM (Some things removed can be restored using the 'Complete' Pack Addon)

AuroraPlay v0.5
    • AdrenoBooster Enabled (v0.1)
    • Multiple apps from v0.3 Included into Main ROM
    • Restored some resources from v0.3 that didn't effect Performance
    • Useless Init.d scripts cleared from ROM
    • Minor modifications to Init.d scripts

AuroraPlay v0.6

• AdrenoBooster Enabled (Minimal Edition - For stability & performance)
    • Xperia Z Theme Changer (Modded by Myself)
    • ROM to be OXED'ed for speed
    • Updated Superuser
    • Updated Apps
    • Sound is DEFINITELY fixed - If anyone says otherwise, tuff! :)
    • Camera is Fixed
    • On-Off Tools/Widgets Removed

AuroraPlay v0.7
    • Updated Beats Audio Libs/Files
    • Removed No-Frills CPU Control (CPU Overclock not required)
    • Reworked Entire Framework (Full Xperia Z Look)
    • Updated Browser
    • Updated SEMC Music
    • Updated Gallery
    • Updated Weather Widget
    • Updated SystemUI
    • Updated Lock Screen - Xperia Z Look
    • Updated Calendar
    • Updated DeskClock
    • Updated to Xperia Z Fonts
    • Updated to Bravia Engine 2

AuroraPlay v0.8
    • Fix Lock Screen Imagery from v0.7
    • Fix SystemUI Imagery from v0.7
    • Change SystemUI Bar Imagery for Xperia Z Look
    • Fix 'Favourite' Contact Imagery from v0.7
    • Minor Framework Changes
    • Change Install Script to no longer Format Partitions
    • Fix 'Call Settings' in Settings - Missing
    • Fixed Bravia Engine - Reverted
    • Update Google Talk - Includes Video Chat
    • Fixed 'Messenger' App Attachment Bug
    • Google Login Service Added to ROM - To Fix 2-Step Notification Login Issue
    • Added VoiceSearch Service to ROM by Default
    • Added Video Chat Libs to ROM
    • Removed Broken Libs
    • Loads of Bugfixes (Most of these may not have been noticable)
    • Fix Audio Configuration

AuroraPlay v0.8.1 Update
    • Restore Resources/Imagery from Phone.apk from v0.7
    • New Battery Animation/Imagery
    • Cybershot Camera - Cancelled (Can't be done)
    • Increased Sound Performance
    • Fixed Loading Bar Imagery
    • Replaced Spinner Imagery

AuroraPlay v0.9.0
    • Decreased Size of Multiple APK's
    • Replaced Voice Search APK (Previous one was API Level 14, my bad xD)
    • Added Service Menu APK
    • Added 30 Steps Volume Control
    • Increased Sound 'Loudness'
    • Changed Lockscreen Imagery Reverted and Moved to 0.9.1
    • Added Smooth Spinners/Loading Bars
    • Multiple Framework Changes
    • Improved Xperia Z Home Look (Done faster thanks to Krisdee!)
    • Lockscreen Sound Controls/NXT Lockscreen
    • Changed Boot Animation to Default Xperia
    • Recompiled Some APKs to Reduce File Sizes
    • Compressed Transparency within Res Images to Reduce File Sizes
    • Changed Lockscreen Lock Pattern Imagery
    • Changed General SEMC Background
    • Compressed Wallpapers to Reduce Space
    • Changed Power Options Imagery
    • Battery Performance Improvements
    • Changes to AdrenoBooster
    • Changed Battery Animation
    • Fixed Alarm Icon - Part of the Correct Framework Now (WIP)
    • Changed Camera App
    • Increased 720p Recording Bitrate/Quality
    • Increased JPEG Quality of Camera
    • Added Power Save Mode APK
    • Added Main Xperia Play Launcher
    • Fix Weather Widget FC Bug
    • Fix Phonebook FC Bug
    • Fix SemcPhone FC Bug
    • Fix App Text Area Imagery (WIP)

AuroraPlay v1.0.0
    • Add Music Controls to Lockscreen - Done
    • Changes to SystemUI - More Xperia Z-like - Done
    • Add Lockscreen Settings to Settings.apk - Done
    • Fix App Text Area Imagery - Done
    • Updated ES File Explorer to v3.0.1 - Done
    • Fix Alarm Icon Imagery - Done
    • Updated Google Login Service - Done
    • Updated Google Services Framework - Done
    • Further Reductions in APK File Sizes - Partially Done
    • Updated Semc Desk Clock APK - Done
    • Updated to AdrenoBooster v0.7 (Beta) - Testing
    • Multiple Build.prop Tweaks - Done
    • Fix Wireless Setting Toggle Imagery - Done
    • Added Multiple Default APNs (Over 1300 APNs added!) - Done
    • Separate ZIPs for Locked/Unlocked Bootloaders - Done
    • Add Date & Time to Notification Bar - Done
    • Add Settings Shortcut to Notification Bar - Done
    • Move Carrier Name from Notification Bar (Now Only Present on Open/Close) - Done
    • Fix/Replace QuickPanel Settings Imagery - Done
    • Fixed Google Talk Video Chat - Done
    • Improved Battery Performance - Done
    • Improved I/O Performance - Should keep things smooth - Done
    • Disabled Signature Checking - Done
    • Updated SEMC Email App - Done
    • Fixed Service Menu Access Bug - Done
    • Partially Based on FW 4.0.2.A.0.79 - Done
    • Updated Google Talk App - Done
    • Fix SystemUI 'Clear' Imagery - Done
    • Fix Lockscreen Imagery - Done
    • Added Sound Recorder - Done
    • Updated Resources of Phonebook APK - Done
    • Updated Resources of SemcPhone APK - Done
    • Updated Resources of Conversations APK - Done
    • Re-add ODEXing from Testing - Not part of Main Changelog
    • Smaller Settings Bars in Settings.apk - Done
    • Updated Battery Animation/Icon - Done
    • Fix In-Call Notification Display - Done

AuroraPlay v1.0.1
    • Changed Battery Icon
    • Improved Graphics Performance
    • Enabled Full GPU Hardware Accelleration
    • Added Custom Version of AdrenoBooster
    • Improve SD Card Read/Write Speeds
    • Disabled zRAM - No idea why the hell this was even there anymore, thought I removed it long ago.
    • Fix Clear Button in SystemUI

AuroraPlay v1.1.0
    • Rebuild all android.policy.jar mods - Done
    • Removed Beats Audio Mod/Library Files - Done
    • Implement Long-Press Back Button to Kill App (Development Settings) - Reverse Engineered from Gin2JellyBean (Thanks @vokal1992) - Done
    • Implement Long-Press Volume Rocker to Skip Track - Done
    • Clean ROM/Remove Unused Files and Resources - Done
    • GPS Tweaks - Done
    • Updated SuperUser - Done
    • Removed Google Talk (App Now Redundant) - Done
    • Updated Google Play - Done
    • Updated Google Services - Done
    • Updated ES File Explorer to v3.0.4 - Done
    • Further Modifications to GPU Accelleration - Done
    • Removed Unused Apps - Done
    • Improved RAM Performance and Usage - Done
    • Changed Lockscreen Timeout Value to 10 Seconds - Done
    • Add Reboot to Recovery - Thanks @vokal1992 - Done
    • Optimized for LuPuS Kernel & CWM Recovery - Done
    • Updated AdrenoBooster to v0.7 - Done
    • Re-Enabled Custom zRAM (Recommended by Google) - Done
    • Added Hosts File to Block Ads - Done
    • Added NXT2 Battery Mod - Thanks @krisdee - Done
    • Fix SystemUI 'Clear' Bug - Done
    • Hidden 'Easter Egg' Update - Done
    • Also move images up on QuickPanel. - Done
    • Add 'Recent Apps' to SystemUI - Thanks @vokal1992 - Done
    • Several minor init.d script changes - Done
    • Various Framework Changes - Done
    • Decompressed some System Resources - Done
    • Redone the Look of the SystemUI - Inspired by ideas from vokal1992 and krisdee <3! - Done
    Latest unreleased update acts as a 'To-Do' list for myself.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________

Addons

AuroraPlay Auto-ODEX Activator
    This ZIP will only be required for those who install new APKs to /System/app and will only ODEX this folder. It will NOT reODEX the framework.
    If the above ZIP doesn't work, please try this one http://www.mediafire.com/?4d6zzp9237ljlgg

AuroraPlay - SuperUser Fix for Locked Bootloaders - Also works with other ROMs such as Gin2JellyBean. (See attached/Bottom of Post)

AuroraPlay 'Complete' Pack Addon v0.1 - For AuroraPlay v0.4 Only

As of AuroraPlay v0.4, the following additions are no longer included in standard versions of AuroraPlay - however can be optionally flashed to our device using the specified update ZIP.
    If you do not want any of the additions below, navigate to the specified folder in the ZIP and delete them.

Apps Included(In system\app)
    • Clock Widgets
    • Cosmic Flow Live Wallpaper
    • Default Themes
    • ES File Explorer
    • No Frills CPU Control
    • Google Talk
    • On/Off Tools Widgets
    • PlayStation Pocket
    • Weather Widget
    • Calendar Widget
    • Youtube
    Wallpapers
    Can be found in system\etc\customization\content\com\sonyericsson\wallpaperpicker\wallpapers

Other additions include (Large file sizes only - others remain in AuroraPlay)
    Can be found in system\media\audio

Alarm Sounds
    Notification Sounds
    Ringtones

Notification Bar - Centered Clock (Attached) - v0.1/v0.2 ONLY

The method to center the clock that works for almost every ROM, refuses to work on this one! It seems to not be pulling the settings from SystemUI.apk

Xperia S Widgets & Walkman for AuroraPlay - v0.1/v0.2 ONLY

This will add the standard clock widget, digital clock widget, walkman app and walkman widget to your installation of AuroraPlay. (Working on adding Weather widget & more - defaults are not compatible with Holo Launcher)

Timescape Addon for AuroraPlay

Transparent Status Bar for AuroraPlay - Must be flashed when installing ROM (If not requires Factory Reset) - Now included in ROM by default as of v0.2.

This will make your status bar transparent, and also further to the transparency of your status bar when maximised.

NXT Gesture Keyboard from NXT LE 1.3

AuroraPlay Addon - SuperUser Fix for Locked Bootloaders

AuroraPlay Battery Mod #1 - (0.8.1 Battery Mod for 0.9.0)

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Support

If you would like to support the project in some way, feel free to add the following banner to your signature.

Changelog
    • Fix Alarm Icon Imagery
    • Updated SEMC Email App
    • Fix Lockscreen Imagery
    • Added Sound Recorder

Download

AuroraPlay v1.0.0 (Unlocked Bootloaders) from MediaFire

AuroraPlay v1.0.0 (Locked Bootloaders) from MediaFire

Update Released: AuroraPlay v1.1.0 Signed

Code:
    Note: This will be the FINAL major version of AuroraPlay. If anything is 
    released after this these updates will contain minor patches and bug fixes if 
    required, with the addition of any updated APKs released at that time. Until 
    further notice, the continuation of this ROM project is on hold whilst I move 
    on to other things such as the AdrenoBooster mod for ICS/JB and an ICS 
    or JB ROM.

Changelog
    • Rebuild all android.policy.jar mods - Done
    • Removed Beats Audio Mod/Library Files - Done
    • Implement Long-Press Back Button to Kill App (Development Settings) - Reverse Engineered from Gin2JellyBean (Thanks @vokal1992) - Done
    • Implement Long-Press Volume Rocker to Skip Track - Done
    • Clean ROM/Remove Unused Files and Resources - Done
    • GPS Tweaks - Done
    • Updated SuperUser - Done
    • Removed Google Talk (App Now Redundant) - Done
    • Updated Google Play - Done
    • Updated Google Services - Done
    • Updated ES File Explorer to v3.0.4 - Done
    • Further Modifications to GPU Accelleration - Done
    • Removed Unused Apps - Done
    • Improved RAM Performance and Usage - Done
    • Changed Lockscreen Timeout Value to 10 Seconds - Done
    • Add Reboot to Recovery - Thanks @vokal1992 - Done
    • Optimized for LuPuS Kernel & CWM Recovery - Done
    • Updated AdrenoBooster to v0.7 - Done
    • Re-Enabled Custom zRAM (Recommended by Google) - Done
    • Added Hosts File to Block Ads - Done
    • Added NXT2 Battery Mod - Thanks @krisdee - Done
    • Fix SystemUI 'Clear' Bug - Done
    • Hidden 'Easter Egg' Update - Done
    • Also move images up on QuickPanel. - Done
    • Add 'Recent Apps' to SystemUI - Thanks @vokal1992 - Done
    • Several minor init.d script changes - Done
    • Various Framework Changes - Done
    • Decompressed some System Resources - Done
    • Redone the Look of the SystemUI - Inspired by ideas from vokal1992 and krisdee <3! - Done

Download
    AuroraPlay v1.1.0 from NovaProject.co.uk
    AuroraPlay v1.1.0 from MediaFire.com

Note: If you want to add your own stuff to the ROM or to /SYSTEM/ then please be sure to delete the 'odex' folder from the ZIP. This will disable the 'ODEXing' process during the installation of the ROM and will enable you to easily modify the applications and framework within the ROM.

Addons
    Build.prop Refresher (Also removes AdrenoBooster lines from original ZIP)

I'll update the screenshots and first few posts soon and give the thread a general rehaul to make it look better. To 'Final' things a little more. xD
    AuroraPlay v0.8.0 Released!

Changelog:

AuroraPlay v0.8
    • Fix Lock Screen Imagery from v0.7
    • Fix SystemUI Imagery from v0.7
    • Change SystemUI Bar Imagery for Xperia Z Look
    • Fix 'Favourite' Contact Imagery from v0.7
    • Minor Framework Changes
    • Change Install Script to no longer Format Partitions
    • Fix 'Call Settings' in Settings
    • Fixed Bravia Engine - Reverted
    • Update Google Talk - Includes Video Chat
    • Fixed 'Messenger' App Attachment Bug
    • Google Login Service Added to ROM - To Fix 2-Step Notification Login Issue
    • Added VoiceSearch Service to ROM by Default
    • Added Video Chat Libs to ROM
    • Removed Broken Libs
    • Loads of Bugfixes (Most of these may not have been noticable)
    • Fix Audio Configuration

Download: Click Here

Links and Mirrors will also be put on the first post shortly.

Let me know what you think! As of this version I'll hopefully be introducing small patches instead of big updates, unless of course there aren't many bugs that are found and everything can still be done in one go.

When I get to v1.0.0 I will be starting OTA updates, as I'm expecting the project to be almost finished around then so large updates will not be required.

...We'll see though!