[ROM] Google Edition Android 4.3 | UNTOUCHED | JWR66Y.S003 | VERSION 2.0 (23/09) |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília

| Google Edition 4.3 | Untouched | Odexed |
| JWR66Y.S003 | Version 2.0 |

DOWNLOAD LINK - MEGA
DOWNLOAD LINK - MULTIUPLOAD

==================================================

About:

I made this ROM for myself. I wanted a perfect untouched version of the Google Edition firmware without root, zipalign, deodex, mods, etc.
I know some of you would like that too so I decided to post it here on XDA. You can root the phone afterwards if you wish.
The only mod in this version is the faux123's kernel. It's still stock but with some minor changes to fix Security FC and add exFAT support.

Special Thanks to:

Changelog:

• Version 2.0 (23/09):

- New stock JWR66Y.S003 kernel with Faux123 fixes

• Version 1.0 (12/09):

- Initial Release
    - Old Faux's Kernel for the moment.

Instructions:

• Boot to Recovery
  • Wipe Data if you are not coming from a Google Edition ROM
  • Flash the zip
  • If you want root, flash SuperSU
  • Reboot

What's not working:

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
OLD VERSIONS

Android 4.3 - JWR66Y.S003 - (12/09):

- Changelog:

• Version 1.0 (12/09):

- Initial Release
- Downloads:

Android 4.3 - JWR66V.S014 - (06/08):

- Changelog:

• Version 3.0 (08/08):

- Updated kernel with exFAT support

• Version 2.0 (07/08):

- Fixed SD Card Read-Only issue

• Version 1.0 (06/08):

- Initial Release
- Downloads:

• Version 3.0:

- MEGA

• Version 2.0:

- MEGA

• Version 1.0:

- MEGA

Last edited:

death1246

Jan 24, 2010
Florida
Another question. Why is this almost 100 MB larger than almost all other releases? Is this how big it normally is? I want fully stock GE Edition and im glad someone finally did it. Almost did it myself :3

I will let you know if it works or not. Going to test the wallet app after I see my recruiter.

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
Another question. Why is this almost 100 MB larger than almost all other releases? Is this how big it normally is? I want fully stock GE Edition and im glad someone finally did it. Almost did it myself :3

I will let you know if it works or not. Going to test the wallet app after I see my recruiter.

Since I did not delete any files from the original nor deodexed the rom that's the normal size at the end, no need to worry. :)
Let us know if Google Wallet works after flashing the modified build.prop.

coilfan

Oct 14, 2008
Rotterdam
Thanks for the ROM, and the effort of course. I was having problems with my extSdCard and will test it, and will let you know the outcome.

Reactions: MaKTaiL

coilfan

Oct 14, 2008
Rotterdam
Let me know as soon as you can so I can edit the bug list in the first post. Thank you. :)

Enviado de meu GT-I9505G usando Tapatalk 4

The ROM is, like all the other recent 4.3 ROMs, stable and fast. Unfortunately the extSdCard issue is exactly the same. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. Many thanks for the effort. :good:

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Just one quick question. My i9505 is currently on baseband XXUBMGA, and working fine. However, I was just wondering if it would be possible at all, and and advisable to install the stock baseband which comes with the i9505GE 4.3 version.

Reactions: Jensa76

Planet X

May 10, 2008
Amersfoort
I did test your rom and it is pretty clean and does work really smooth indeed. But the phone becomes a lot hotter than with the previous leak and also battery seems to drain really quick while browsing with chrome. Also the sim unlock bug is still there. I just did a restore of the previous build I used.

Reactions: MaKTaiL

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
I did test your rom and it is pretty clean and does work really smooth indeed. But the phone becomes a lot hotter than with the previous leak and also battery seems to drain really quick while browsing with chrome. Also the sim unlock bug is still there. I just did a restore of the previous build I used.

Thanks for reporting. I updated the bug list on the first post.
Unfortunately these issues are out of my reach to fix. I know little about coding roms.
As soon as our awesome devs fix them I'll sure include in my rom for you guys. :)
Regarding battery life, for me it's the same. It lasts for a day if I let it on 3G but it drains like crazy with 4G.

EDIT

I was reading in another forum and the problem you have with ExtSDCard is probably because you have it formated as exFAT which the Stock Kernel does not support.
Format it as FA32 and you won't have an issue or wait for a custom kernel with the support. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: MMarkkk

wohenyingyu01

Sep 7, 2011
Thanks for reporting. I updated the bug list on the first post.
Unfortunately these issues are out of my reach to fix. I know little about coding roms.
As soon as our awesome devs fix them I'll sure include in my rom for you guys. :)
Regarding battery life, for me it's the same. It lasts for a day if I let it on 3G but it drains like crazy with 4G.

EDIT

I was reading in another forum and the problem you have with ExtSDCard is probably because you have it formated as exFAT which the Stock Kernel does not support.
Format it as FA32 and you won't have an issue or wait for a custom kernel with the support. ;)

I don't think that's the reason, because in previous stock version the SDCard in exFAT works just fine for me. But thank you for your effort! I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

| Google Edition 4.3 | Untouched | Odexed |
    | JWR66Y.S003 | Version 2.0 |

DOWNLOAD LINK - MEGA
    DOWNLOAD LINK - MULTIUPLOAD

About:

I made this ROM for myself. I wanted a perfect untouched version of the Google Edition firmware without root, zipalign, deodex, mods, etc.
    I know some of you would like that too so I decided to post it here on XDA. You can root the phone afterwards if you wish.
    The only mod in this version is the faux123's kernel. It's still stock but with some minor changes to fix Security FC and add exFAT support.

Special Thanks to:

Changelog:

• Version 2.0 (23/09):

- New stock JWR66Y.S003 kernel with Faux123 fixes

• Version 1.0 (12/09):

- Initial Release

Instructions:

• Boot to Recovery
    • Wipe Data if you are not coming from a Google Edition ROM
    • Flash the zip
    • If you want root, flash SuperSU
    • Reboot

What's not working:

OLD VERSIONS

Android 4.3 - JWR66Y.S003 - (12/09):

- Changelog:

• Version 1.0 (12/09):

- Initial Release
    - Downloads:

Android 4.3 - JWR66V.S014 - (06/08):

- Changelog:

• Version 3.0 (08/08):

- Updated kernel with exFAT support

• Version 2.0 (07/08):

- Fixed SD Card Read-Only issue

• Version 1.0 (06/08):

- Initial Release
    - Downloads:

• Version 3.0:

- MEGA

• Version 2.0:

- MEGA

• Version 1.0:

- MEGA
    So here it is guys! Beware that this is a test version. If everything works fine I'll reupload it as final and post it on the thread.
    I decided to upload on pCloud because it allow Download Managers so you can download faster.
    I'll make mirrors later if this test version works. So here are the changes I made from stock system dump:

- Replaced Launcher2.apk with GoogleHome.apk. I basically removed Stock Launcher (still JB) and added the new KitKat Launcher (Google Home).
    - Added @faux123 kernel modules as a wild attempt to fix the security force close. ExFat will probably work too if everything goes as planned.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://my.pcloud.com/#page=publink&code=XZ8puZFRv4BcFeVVFRNCNCtcPl256UrIcX
    Updated first post with new rom. Enjoy!

Thanks for everyone that helped out with testing. :)
    If Faux makes a fix for the new kernel I'll update the rom as soon as possible. I already contacted him.
    It shouldn't change much from the old kernel, but having the newest is always better right? :p
    Guys. I am at work right now. I'll be back in a couple of hours then I'll start making it. ;)

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk