[APP][4.0+] Logo Me

Search This thread

Ezekeel

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 21, 2011
APERTURE LABORATORIES proudly presents Logo Me.

With the Logo Me application you can conveniently change your device's bootlogo (not bootanimation) to a custom image with just a few simple clicks.

You can secure your custom logo with a numeric lock code (up to 9 digits). Changing or restoring the logo will only be possible after the lock code has been entered. This will allow you to tag your device by including your name and contact info on your custom bootlogo. In case your device gets stolen the thief will be having a hard time selling it. Also if you lose your device the finder will know how to contact you.

This application will only work for the Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro) and Verizon (toro) hardware models with the PRIMEKJ10, PRIMEKK14, PRIMEKK15, PRIMEKL01 or PRIMELA03 bootloaders (open terminal or adb shell and type 'getprop ro.bootloader') and Sprint (toroplus) model with PRIMELC02 bootloader.

If you run a bootloader which is not on the list above simply write me an email noting your hardware model and bootloader version and I will add support for it.

If you run into any problems try installing another busybox version.

The app uses the build properties to identify the device. If you mess with the properties the device detection will fail and the app will return the error that your device is not compatible.

The stock ro.product.model for all models of the Galaxy Nexus is 'Galaxy Nexus' (type 'getprop ro.product.model' in terminal or adb shell). If it is different on your ROM it was changed. Ask you ROM dev to fix it.

Use this application at your own risk. The author is not responsible for any damage resulting from the use of this app.

Market: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=aperture.ezekeel.logome
Android Pit (accepts Paypal and other payment options): http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...ogo-Me&usg=AFQjCNGG88WuEGyEpdbg625cjro12iMKgg

Last edited:

phone_user

Nov 13, 2011
594908787.png

Cool! Thanks for this app :)

jonah1234

May 29, 2012

With the Logo Me application you can conveniently change your device's bootlogo (not bootanimation) to a custom image with just a few simple clicks.

You can secure your custom logo with a numeric lock code (up to 9 digits). Changing or restoring the logo will only be possible after the lock code has been entered. This will allow you to tag your device by including your name and contact info on your custom bootlogo. In case your device gets stolen the thief will be having a hard time selling it. Also if you lose your device the finder will know how to contact you.

So far the following devices are supported:
* Galaxy Nexus
* Galaxy-SII
* Galaxy-SIII
* Galaxy Note

Note that not all hardware variants of these devices are supported yet, since I have not yet been able to obtain the necessary data for all models. If your device is on this list, but the app tells you that your model is not supported and you know how to handle terminal or adb shell and are willing to collect the necessary data, contact the author. The same holds for a yet unsupported bootloader.

If you own a recent (released after the Galaxy-SII) Samsung device running ICS which is not on the list, there is a good chance that I also can extend the support to this device - even tablets should work. Simply contact the author.

Use this application at your own risk. The author is not responsible for any damage resulting from the use of this app.

Market:
Android Pit:

Release will be tomorrow!

They already have an app like this called boot flasher pro

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

Swede2008

Oct 4, 2008
I'm getting a device incompatible on my galaxy nexus with aokp 38.1 and glados kernel

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA

jojoost

Jan 8, 2012
Cant wait for Nexus S version

---===:::Greetzz, jojoost:::===---

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This application will only work for the Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro) and Verizon (toro) hardware models with the PRIMEKJ10, PRIMEKK14, PRIMEKK15, PRIMEKL01 or PRIMELA03 bootloaders (open terminal or adb shell and type 'getprop ro.bootloader') and Sprint (toroplus) model with PRIMELC02 bootloader.

If you run a bootloader which is not on the list above simply write me an email noting your hardware model and bootloader version and I will add support for it.

If you run into any problems try installing another busybox version.

The app uses the build properties to identify the device. If you mess with the properties the device detection will fail and the app will return the error that your device is not compatible.

The stock ro.product.model for all models of the Galaxy Nexus is 'Galaxy Nexus' (type 'getprop ro.product.model' in terminal or adb shell). If it is different on your ROM it was changed. Ask you ROM dev to fix it.

Market: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=aperture.ezekeel.logome
    Android Pit (accepts Paypal and other payment options): http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...ogo-Me&usg=AFQjCNGG88WuEGyEpdbg625cjro12iMKgg
    Alright. Vanity got the best of me; I caved and bought this abandonware to find out how it ticks so I could make my bootloader pretty. :silly:

Logo Me dumps sbl (part of the bootloader), and only uses known bootloaders because the offset changed with each successive bootloader.

I've just figured it all out and I'm not sure why @Ezekeel didn't come up with a more elegant solution, since just like with the awesome imgdata work by @bitdomo, sbl images are all in a particular order, and, searching for them we can learn their offsets, and knowing their sizes we can actually change them quite easily.

Here's what I've got so far:
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/sbl

dd if=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/sbl of=/sdcard/sbl.img
    dd if=/sdcard/sbl.img of=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/sbl

JPEG header magic:
    FF D8 FF E0 00 10 4A 46 49 46
    ÿØÿà..JFIF

Different offsets with each bootloader since bootloader=gpt+xloader+sbl:

grep -obUaP "\x00\x10\x4A\x46\x49\x46" sbl.img # unfortunately doesn't work on Android grep
    -4 to get to beginning of JPEG magic

KK15 (my favorite due to the better color calibration)
    logo=840376; #11
    lock=927932; #16

LC03 (last before the 2 second wait was added)
    logo=840988; #11
    lock=928544; #16

MD04
    logo=841456; #11
    lock=929012; #16

logo specifications:
    #11 image in sbl
    720 x 595 pixels max
    12126 bytes max

lock specifications:
    #16 image in sbl
    720 x 100 pixels max
    2215 bytes max

00 padding to full byte length (if necessary)
    FF to 4 trailing bytes

I used Photoshop to reduce the size of the latest Google logo and lock icon down to the dimensions of the GN versions, then TinyJPG.com to shrink them to (less than) the appropriate file size maximums. The FF trailing 4 bytes is something Logo Me does that it's unclear why, since there is usually other data there, but it works either way.

Also, important to note that flashing a bootloader.img will of course reset the changes, and that since bootloader.img files reset the GPT (partition table) any changes made by something like @Lanchon's brilliant RePIT will get reset as well. Logo Me especially doesn't cooperate with that, since it looks for a bootloader checksum which is of course affected by the changed GPT.

Anyway I'll probably turn this into a script soon enough, and provided the supplied jpg files are small enough it should be able to patch the sbl partition on-the-fly, and that should be friendly for repartitioned devices as well. :cowboy: ;)

@bamtan2, @MWisBest, @Ziyan, @aosp, @bsmitty83 - I'll mention you since this thread is lost to the GN community way out here in the boonies of Paid Software. :p

[ Attachments removed since automated script posted ]
    I have released Logo Me V1.10 adding support for the PRIMELC03 bootloader for the Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro) and Verizon (toro).
    yup, thats the one.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

beside other ways, you can just boot into your bootloader and its written there..

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

are you using a theme or a themed rom? or even a modified message bar? theming tends to change resolution which makes your phone unknown to many different apps.

Logo Me checks for ro.hardware, ro.product.board, ro.product.device and ro.product.model. So if you mess with those you will get the 'Device Incompatible' error.

I have released Logo Me V1.2 adding support for the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (GT-P6200) and the PRIMEKK15 bootloader on the Galaxy Nexus VZW (toro). Also I finally found the reason for the bogus 'Bootloader Incompatible' errors when opening the app for the first time after install. A huge thanks to Simms for helping me track this bug down.
    Color Google :)

595305181.png

595309064.png

595303536.png

ManufacturerLogo_Google.Color

595303668.png

LockSymbol_Chrome.Color