[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][1-11-12][WIP] ics-deck-inc [alpha5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SandmanEight

Oct 28, 2010
Looking forward to giving pre-alpha3 a go. Played around with with version 2 for a bit and really enjoyed it. Appreciate all you work on this ROM!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

username235

Sep 4, 2011
AZ
Yes! I've been waiting to see if you would get am ics build up, since you have those nice pure gingerbread builds

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

rvrugg90

Dec 12, 2010
is this any different than R2's latest build in terms of smoothness, speed, or improvements?

TokedUp

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 27, 2010
Hellz Kitchen, NYC
when you say Cam doesnt work, does that mean at all or just some features of the Cam? This is the only thing stopping me from trying this Rom. Been dying to get my hands on an ICS port for our Inc's. Thank you so much for this, great job!

MXFrodo195

Feb 12, 2011
Hmmm, I flashed it, erased data and dalvik cache, nothing at the incredible screen, did it again, same thing?

dubluv17

Aug 20, 2010
Not to be rude or anything, but I haven't even been able to get passed the welcome screen due to reboots. I've had six in a row after the language screen. This has been the case with my phone on any of the current ICS roms. It will eventually get passed it, but still randomly reboot all over the place.

vrienduinen

Sep 9, 2010
Agenda Calendar Widget

After installing this ROM, GAPPS, and a couple of apps I got a few soft reboots, but it now seems stable. So don't give up on this right away. Reboot and few times and it should get better. GPS, wifi, sound all seem to be working well.

It did start with language as Afrikaans, but I managed to find my way through the menus and switch to English.

I don't think any camera app will function. Something to do with the lib files needing updating. I don't think anyone has that figured out yet for ics-dinc.

Does anyone have an agenda style calendar widget that works with this or any ics-dinc ROM? Seems that smooth calendar is not ready for ics yet.

Last edited:

dubluv17

Aug 20, 2010
People stuck at the welcome screen probably didnt do a full wipe, including system wipe and boot. Exciting, can't wait to try.

Why would I or anyone not do a full wipe? I understand there are some people that are that noob, but really? I've tried ICS over ten times now and have had the same results with each iteration. I've had many reboots from just typing in my email address. This is not an issue of wiping.

Reactions: ascssmith
is this any different than R2's latest build in terms of smoothness, speed, or improvements?

Anyone flashed both and have any thoughts on this?

R2's ROM at least has a much more detailed changelog and list of what works/doesnt work. With nothing else to go on, I have to assume that the better-documented one is the better ROM.

I'd like to hear what people think though.

chris7os

Oct 4, 2010
Wherever I may roam...

R2's ROM at least has a much more detailed changelog and list of what works/doesnt work. With nothing else to go on, I have to assume that the better-documented one is the better ROM.

Both work about the same. Though I had fewer fc's using Inc decks, but that doesn't really mean anything as they are both pre-alpha.

Make sure you guys understand what you're doing with this build, as in, if it won't boot or you boot loop or get stuck, the problem is what YOU are doing, and not the rom.

First of all, if you haven't checked the Md5 sum then you're really wasting your time and shooting blind. It HAS to match EXACTLY.

Second, follow the dev's instructions exactly as they wrote them. That means wipe and format the areas listed, and install the proper files in the proper order. So if he says to install the rom first, don't reboot yet, then install gapps, then reboot, then do it in that order.

Third, pay attention to what your phone is doing during the installation, ensuring you get all the messages you're expecting.

Fourth, be PATIENT. Consider what it is your phone is doing the very first time you boot up after installation: building and loading, compiling and accessing files and db's for the FIRST time. Let your phone do it's job and give it some time before you go munching on the sammich.

And finally, be cool. Don't come in here on an Alpha pre release thread and stink up the joint. (say "*****, be cool") If you can't seem to get it to take, then try a different method. Download the rom on a computer and transfer it to your phone, see if you get a different md5. Flash the rom zip, then flash it again right away before anything else. You make it through the setup screen, reboot the mofo and let it gain some proficiency.

One more thing, all the time and effort these guys put in to get these out is free of charge. Keep that vibe going however you can.

Much love my friends

Sent from SkyNet's Matrix in a galaxy far, far away, where no one has gone before...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    buh bye xda.

-deck
    I'd just like to request that people try not to make a competition out if this and pit ROMs/devs against each other. Myself, preludedrew, deck, and others all talk and collaborate on fixes & features. We are doing this for fun...at least that's my goal. Having choices for ICS is a great thing and helps meet the various preferences people have.
    I like the ICS keyboard, but if I was driving for example...there's no way I could use it. And I really like t9, its so much easier to use IMO

I hope you type while driving and crash into a brick wall before you end up crashing into a minivan full of kids. :)

Don't take your eyes off the road.

Both work about the same. Though I had fewer fc's using Inc decks, but that doesn't really mean anything as they are both pre-alpha.

Make sure you guys understand what you're doing with this build, as in, if it won't boot or you boot loop or get stuck, the problem is what YOU are doing, and not the rom.

First of all, if you haven't checked the Md5 sum then you're really wasting your time and shooting blind. It HAS to match EXACTLY.

Second, follow the dev's instructions exactly as they wrote them. That means wipe and format the areas listed, and install the proper files in the proper order. So if he says to install the rom first, don't reboot yet, then install gapps, then reboot, then do it in that order.

Third, pay attention to what your phone is doing during the installation, ensuring you get all the messages you're expecting.

Fourth, be PATIENT. Consider what it is your phone is doing the very first time you boot up after installation: building and loading, compiling and accessing files and db's for the FIRST time. Let your phone do it's job and give it some time before you go munching on the sammich.

And finally, be cool. Don't come in here on an Alpha pre release thread and stink up the joint. (say "*****, be cool") If you can't seem to get it to take, then try a different method. Download the rom on a computer and transfer it to your phone, see if you get a different md5. Flash the rom zip, then flash it again right away before anything else. You make it through the setup screen, reboot the mofo and let it gain some proficiency.

One more thing, all the time and effort these guys put in to get these out is free of charge. Keep that vibe going however you can.

Much love my friends

Sent from SkyNet's Matrix in a galaxy far, far away, where no one has gone before...
    Did anyone figure out how to get su to get root access on 8?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Download the Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip from the androidsu website and flash at recovery.