[CWM] JRO03R/JZO54K Binary Drivers (UPDATED 10/10/12)

Search This thread

Jay Aristide

Jun 27, 2011
Dyer, Tennessee
www.daede.com
IMPORTANT: There are SEVERAL ROMs out there that build on JRO03R and above sources. Some of these ROMs do contain these binaries, and some of these ROMs do not. The only ways to know for sure would be to compare the MD5 hashes of your binaries against these or ask the developer of your ROM if it includes these binaries.

VERY IMPORTANT: I am now adding the JZO54K binaries compiled for Android 4.1.2 - I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THESE WILL DO IF YOU FLASH THEM ON 4.1 OR 4.1.1 and I am absolutely NOT responsible for any damage you may do with them. I provide them only as a tool, or for those who may have flashed the JRO03R binaries over JZO54K - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

This zip contains the JRO03R/JZO54K binary drivers (depending on which you download).

Included drivers:

* WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS by Broadcom
* Touchscreen by ELAN
* Orientation sensor by InvenSense
* Graphics & CPU by nVidia
* DRM by Widevine

BEYOND THIS POINT, THERE BE DRAGONS - I am not responsible if you FUBAR your device, but if you follow my instructions, you won't. I've tested this zip on my n7 and my brother's, as well. No issues on either device.

Just put the zip in /sdcard, reboot into recovery and flash it. No need, AFAIK, to clear cache or dalvik, as these are the actual system binaries.

I've noticed faster GPS lock times, marginally better WiFi signal, marginally faster Bluetooth transfers, and considerably better touchscreen response. I haven't done anything to test graphics or DRM yet, but when I do, I'll get back to you.

DropBox JRO03R Download: Nexus7-Binary-Update-JRO03R.zip
DropBox JZO54K Download: Nexus7-Binary-Update-JZO54K.zip

Last edited:

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
What about kernels like faux and Franco's with the updated drivers?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S

Jay Aristide

Jun 27, 2011
Dyer, Tennessee
www.daede.com

They're just updated versions of the existing vendor-supplied binary drivers, there shouldn't be any interaction issues with other components. The only differences you should see will be in the components the drivers control (GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, touchscreen, graphics, and DRM)

merrywhq

Aug 23, 2010
This zip contains the JRO03R binary drivers.

Included drivers:

* Touchscreen by ELAN
* DRM by Widevine

BEYOND THIS POINT, THERE BE DRAGONS - I am not responsible if you FUBAR your device, but if you follow my instructions, you won't. I've tested this zip on my n7 and my brother's, as well. No issues on either device.

Just put this zip in /sdcard, reboot into recovery and flash it. No need, AFAIK, to clear cache or dalvik, as these are the actual system binaries.

I've noticed faster GPS lock times, marginally better WiFi signal, marginally faster Bluetooth transfers, and considerably better touchscreen response. I haven't done anything to test graphics or DRM yet, but when I do, I'll get back to you.

DropBox Download: Nexus7-Binary-Update-JRO03R.zip

Have u tested the LAG issue?

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Wait if AOKP build 3 is already JR03R then doesn't it already include this?

htchoi5609

Mar 29, 2012
seoul
This zip contains the JRO03R binary drivers.

Included drivers:

* Touchscreen by ELAN
* DRM by Widevine

Just put this zip in /sdcard, reboot into recovery and flash it. No need, AFAIK, to clear cache or dalvik, as these are the actual system binaries.

DropBox Download: Nexus7-Binary-Update-JRO03R.zip

Thx :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: kickmobile

vn00914361

Dec 24, 2010
Westminster
Confirm: flashed successfully on my N7 with ClearROM which is based off of Stock 4.1.1 JRO03D from Google.
There was no updating screen or anything. Therefore Idk if this actually is working. LOL

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thanks OP. :)

Seen 26sep CM10 nightly is up awhile ago. Haven't updated mine but curious to know if it has the updated drivers already. I'll update tomorrow when I get home.

Tapatalked from my Ace 2

Vektor67

Feb 23, 2011
Waukesha, WI
Thanks

Thanks, flashing right now with fingers crossed. Currently running SmoothROM.

*Post flash update = all good so far. The touch screen does feel more responsive. Thanks again. ;~)

Last edited:

nextelbuddy

Aug 13, 2009
guess there is no way to confirm that you are updated since in about it still shows me on the D firmware not R.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMPORTANT: There are SEVERAL ROMs out there that build on JRO03R and above sources. Some of these ROMs do contain these binaries, and some of these ROMs do not. The only ways to know for sure would be to compare the MD5 hashes of your binaries against these or ask the developer of your ROM if it includes these binaries.

VERY IMPORTANT: I am now adding the JZO54K binaries compiled for Android 4.1.2 - I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THESE WILL DO IF YOU FLASH THEM ON 4.1 OR 4.1.1 and I am absolutely NOT responsible for any damage you may do with them. I provide them only as a tool, or for those who may have flashed the JRO03R binaries over JZO54K - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

This zip contains the JRO03R/JZO54K binary drivers (depending on which you download).

Included drivers:

* Touchscreen by ELAN
    * DRM by Widevine

Just put the zip in /sdcard, reboot into recovery and flash it. No need, AFAIK, to clear cache or dalvik, as these are the actual system binaries.

DropBox JRO03R Download: Nexus7-Binary-Update-JRO03R.zip
    DropBox JZO54K Download: Nexus7-Binary-Update-JZO54K.zip
    Do you need the stock ROM to flash this, or will any ROM work? I'm using CNA and want the updates. :)

AFAIK, it works universally. I'm on a CM10 based ROM, personally.
    Awexit76, what are you on?

They're just updated versions of the existing vendor-supplied binary drivers, there shouldn't be any interaction issues with other components. The only differences you should see will be in the components the drivers control (GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, touchscreen, graphics, and DRM)
    You're not using the 4.1.2 grouper device changes (details below)

I assume you mean the 4.1.1 kernel. I'm not familiar with "Buttery Goodness", but I am guessing that the 4.1.2 build you mention contains the new 4.1.2 stuff except for the 4.1.2 grouper device changes. It has not yet been added to the cm10 source yet because the change to fstab requires the new kernel and therefore the new kernel source (since cm10 builds kernels from source), which only showed up about an hour ago. See the "[HOWTO] Build CM10 for Nexus 7" thread where I posted more about this.

To be specific, I can pretty much guarantee you that either your "BG" build does not yet include this device commit and therefore doesn't break the old kernel, or the old kernel has mysteriously included this kernel commit.

ft

PS-- Having now added those kernel commits in and building cm10 from scratch, I can confirm that updating both the device and kernel from 4.1.2 result in a booting system. Look for this stuff upstream sometime soon.

Okay, so I've had a couple of people over on my Buttery Goodness thread say that they're running _motley's 1.1.1 kernel on 4.1.2 with no issues at all.. Can you offer any insight as to why?