Can't Connect to Camera, Help?

Search This thread

b1969

Oct 28, 2012
Just got my phone fixed cause of the pint tint. However, now if I flash any ROM I cant connect to the camera I would always get "Can't Connect to Camera". CM, PA, AOKP, GPE all does not work. Haven't tried Stock ROM yet.

Is anyone else having this problem?

n1234d

Aug 18, 2013
Mumbai
Google Pixel 6a
Just got my phone fixed cause of the pint tint. However, now if I flash any ROM I cant connect to the camera I would always get "Can't Connect to Camera". CM, PA, AOKP, GPE all does not work. Haven't tried Stock ROM yet.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Go to /sys/android_camera/ and open the sensor file as text, what do you see there? Sounds like you've got the new Omnivision camera..

n1234d

Aug 18, 2013
Mumbai
Google Pixel 6a
In the text file I see "ov ov4688 4M". What is omnivision camera?

Till now, HTC used camera modules from ST Microelectronics (ST VD6869), but because of the purple tint problem, they shifted to Sharp modules, and now they're using Omnivision modules. The drivers for the Omnivision modules aren't included in the aosp roms you've been using, that's why the error. They've been included in Sense 4.2.2 onwards

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

b1969

Oct 28, 2012
Till now, HTC used camera modules from ST Microelectronics (ST VD6869), but because of the purple tint problem, they shifted to Sharp modules, and now they're using Omnivision modules. The drivers for the Omnivision modules aren't included in the aosp roms you've been using, that's why the error. They've been included in Sense 4.2.2 onwards

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Is there a noticeable between the original and the omnivison modules? Will AOSP ever include drivers for omnivision?

Thank you.

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
Since 1/23 CM11 now includes the libs for ov4688.

Last edited:

b1969

Oct 28, 2012
Since 1/23 CM11 now includes the libs for ov4688.

Thank you very much, it is sad that CM nightly has stopped uploading for m7 tmo at 1/6 :(

EDIT: Nvm found this on the internet. "Starting tomorrow the m7ul, m7tmo, m7att builds will no longer be updated. They are now (finally) commonized to "m7". Please keep that in mind going forward."

Last edited: