[Q] Trickster MOD doesn't stick.

Search This thread

HDias

Oct 7, 2013
Hi all,

I'm still a noob in android, and I would like some help with Trickster mod. I've been using cromi-x 5.x with hund's kernel and app for a while,
and without a doubt, awesome ROM, great kernel, great performance, but high battery draining.
I would like to try the latest that's kernel, I think it's v7, but with a little more juice, but I can't figure how to make the settings of trickster mod to stick.
I've set the cpu and gpu frequencies, apply them and tried rebooting with and without the grace period with the same results. Everything remains unchanged.
Can someone guide me step by step?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my poor English.

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Hi all,

I'm still a noob in android, and I would like some help with Trickster mod. I've been using cromi-x 5.x with hund's kernel and app for a while,
and without a doubt, awesome ROM, great kernel, great performance, but high battery draining.
I would like to try the latest that's kernel, I think it's v7, but with a little more juice, but I can't figure how to make the settings of trickster mod to stick.
I've set the cpu and gpu frequencies, apply them and tried rebooting with and without the grace period with the same results. Everything remains unchanged.

Thanks in advance.

Make sure the kernel you're using is compatible with CROMi and not CM or AOSP.

Reactions: HDias

HDias

Oct 7, 2013

Thanks for the fast reply.

The kernel comes with CROMi install, so I guess it's 100% compatible.
Any leads?
Just for clearing, I'm on the lastest Asus bootloader and latest CROMi-X 5.3a.

Last edited:

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
What are you trying to set it to? You have 1.8 (or is it 1.6GHz) on performance and and 1.3GHz on balanced and 1GHz on PowerSaving. This is what I set the CPU profiles to in the rom.

I'm not sure trickster can change these.....

HDias

Oct 7, 2013
What are you trying to set it to? You have 1.8 (or is it 1.6GHz) on performance and and 1.3GHz on balanced and 1GHz on PowerSaving. This is what I set the CPU profiles to in the rom.

Wow...now I'm nervous...the Master has spoken :laugh:
Before all, thanks for your great job on CROMi-X :good:. You rock man. I wish Asus could keep up with you.

For now I'm using hund's kernel and changed balanced to 1400GHz with is app. Like I said before, it runs great, but battery pays the bill.
I've tried _that v7, but sometimes it lags on some apps. What I would like, was to set it, also to 1400GHz, and see how it behaves with speed and battery.
In my experience in balanced mode hund's kernel is a lot faster than _that. Maybe because _that in balanced mode varies between 1200-1300GHz.
On the other hand _that is more battery friendly.
But every time I've tried changing it with Trickster nothing happens. Can Trickster do the job? Or it's not possible?

Thanks

Last edited:

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Before all, thanks for your great job on CROMi-X :good:. You rock man. I wish Asus could keep up with you.

For now I'm using hund's kernel and changed balanced to 1400GHz with is app. Like I said before, it runs great, but battery pays the bill.
I've tried _that v7, but in balanced mode it varies between 1200-1300GHz, and sometimes it lags on some apps. What I would like was to set to 1400GHz and see how it behaves.
For all that I've read, _that is still developing for our tablet, and also I think is kernel is more battery friendly.
But every time I've tried changing it with Trickster nothing happens. Can Trickster do the job? Or it's not possible?

Thanks

:angel: Thanks for the kind words. No more the master than anyone else ;)

I don't think that's kernel oc's the same way as hunds. You can go down but not up in trickster. The limit for balanced is 1.3 so you can't get to 1.4.

I have an idea though ;)

Copy the cpu3.sh to cpu2.show in /system/etc

Then use trickster to knock the frequency down to 1.4. That should work ;)

HDias

Oct 7, 2013

I don't think that's kernel oc's the same way as hunds. You can go down but not up in trickster. The limit for balanced is 1.3 so you can't get to 1.4.

I have an idea though ;)

:laugh: If it doesn't go right, go left...wise words, Master Yoda ;)
Will give it a try later and report back.

Many thanks.

HDias

Oct 7, 2013

I have an idea though ;)

@sbdags...you pull it of again.:laugh:
Working like a charm, faster and smother than ever. Now trickster is working (limited cpu to 1400 GHz), my tablet flies in balanced mode, and battery is holding on just fine, better than with hund's kernel.

Like I've said before...you rock man.

Many thanks, and keep up with your excellent work :good:

Last edited:

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Working like a charm, faster and smother than ever. Now trickster is working (limited cpu to 1400 GHz), my tablet flys in balanced mode, and battery is holding on just fine, better than with hund's kernel.

You are welcome ;) Glad it worked - I'll add it to the next installer ;)

eslamgenio

Oct 12, 2013

I have an idea though ;)

Please clarify how to copy this file.. Where is it and what exactly i should do to let trickster settings stick?

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Please clarify how to copy this file.. Where is it and what exactly i should do to let trickster settings stick?

Both files live in the /system/etc folder. You will need root access to do it.

Rename cpu3.sh to cpux.sh and then rename cpu2.sh to cpu3.sh and then rename cpuz.sh tp cpu3.sh. That way your balanced mode will now be performance. Then trickster can move the freq down ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

You need to enable set on boot.

I've tried _that v7, but in balanced mode it varies between 1200-1300GHz, and sometimes it lags on some apps. What I would like was to set to 1400GHz and see how it behaves.
    For all that I've read, _that is still developing for our tablet, and also I think is kernel is more battery friendly.

Thanks

I have an idea though ;)

Working like a charm, faster and smother than ever. Now trickster is working (limited cpu to 1400 GHz), my tablet flys in balanced mode, and battery is holding on just fine, better than with hund's kernel.

You are welcome ;) Glad it worked - I'll add it to the next installer ;)