What is yellow-ish LED telling me?

Search This thread

guy48065

Dec 11, 2013
MI
When plugged into the charger the LED flashes Red until it's charged...Green when 100%...Blue when I have a notification. Sometimes I find it flashing on odd orange/green spot. What the heck is THAT?
I'm worried about it because in my earlier days of tinkering with electronics I found that when you overdrive a red LED it will look similar--right before it burns out :eek:

the nooner

May 12, 2010
When charging blinking red very low battery orange is charging above 14% but below 90% green charging above 90%..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

guy48065

Dec 11, 2013
MI
I have a stock AT&T s3. I've searched all over my phone for apps that might have custom led notifications, drilled down through all my phone settings. .. nothing in my phone and nothing found online.

This isn't an indicator I see every day -- only occasionally.
It's also hard to describe the exact appearance. It's not a single yellow dot -- it seems to be at least two tiny led's close together bc it looks like a tiny "yin/yang" shape.

natefish

Mar 4, 2008
Henderson, KY
I see this on any gs3 rom I run. Not sure either. I just assume it means it's sort of charged, but not in the green yet.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

guy48065

Dec 11, 2013
MI
I see this on any gs3 rom I run. Not sure either. I just assume it means it's sort of charged, but not in the green yet.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yours does it on the charger? Mine flashes yellow when on my hip. I'm pretty sure it's some sort of app notification but I haven't been able to determine WHICH. I've disabled most of the Facebook and eBay notifications--they seem to be the worst offenders for sending out constant annoying dings.
If I can find a way to disable update reminders I'll then be nearly nag-free.