[APK][Ver. 1.4![4.0+]Smart Pocket Guard - New features! New languages! Bug fixes!

Search This thread

T_money_third

Feb 6, 2014
Trinidad
Thanks 4 this because i used to have 2 wrap my phone in cloth or paper towels to keep the phone screen from activating whenever i sweat it triggered the double tapp i assume but since i installed this it stopped

zupHC

Apr 24, 2008
Bologna
Been using smart pocket guard for a week now! No more butt dialing or SMS

I found is that the right upper enable switch doesn't stick in ON position after boot. Is autostart still missing or maybe a bug?

Great app!

helmanss

Feb 23, 2012
XDA-Developers
Been using smart pocket guard for a week now! No more butt dialing or SMS

I found is that the right upper enable switch doesn't stick in ON position after boot. Is autostart still missing or maybe a bug?

Great app!

Great! :)
Hey it's just missing I haven't implemented it, but I think that I am going to fix dat, since I would also like to be doing the stuff like this actually.

osama-selo

Jun 17, 2012
Damascus
Can we have an option to enable the guard only when an incoming call is detected... and we need the proximity sensor to check for nearby objects BEFORE the screen lights on NOT AFTER, so if there is nearby object it will stay off.

Also can we get rid of the notification icon staying on all the time? I tried and disabled it using GravityBox but it causes it to switch off after rebooting the device.

Thanks.

helmanss

Feb 23, 2012
XDA-Developers
Can we have an option to enable the guard only when an incoming call is detected... and we need the proximity sensor to check for nearby objects BEFORE the screen lights on NOT AFTER, so if there is nearby object it will stay off.

Also can we get rid of the notification icon staying on all the time? I tried and disabled it using GravityBox but it causes it to switch off after rebooting the device.

Thanks.

Hey,
thank you for positive feedback and I have to say that before would really drain battery like a hell. I am working on the app, but I don't really have much time these day so it is progressing slowly. We cannot get rid of the icon, because it has got to be present for the proper work of the system. It is required by Android to let the notification be shown, because an service is running.

Have a nice day. :)

helmanss

Feb 23, 2012
XDA-Developers
Development continuing

Hi everyone,

is still anyone interested in the app?
I would like to continue in its development, is anyone still interested in app? Or some ideas what to improve?
Thanks everyone! :)

fivef

Sep 30, 2010
Hi everyone,

is still anyone interested in the app?
I would like to continue in its development, is anyone still interested in app? Or some ideas what to improve?
Thanks everyone! :)
I am still interested in you app! Its exactly what I had implemented on a custom rom a few years ago. Currently the only problem I experience with the app is that it gets killed by android after some time or reboot. Could you please try to fix this? Is your app open source or are you willing to open source it?

helmanss

Feb 23, 2012
XDA-Developers
I am still interested in you app! Its exactly what I had implemented on a custom rom a few years ago. Currently the only problem I experience with the app is that it gets killed by android after some time or reboot. Could you please try to fix this? Is your app open source or are you willing to open source it?

Well, I am really happy to see someone is interested in my app.

I could try to fix it, but I haven't got much time nowadays.
My app is not open sourced, but it could be. I can post it on GitHub. Why not, we can talk more about it via PM. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody :),
    I have developed my second application intended for the playstore. The app is called Smart Pocket Guard (heh kinda weird isn't it :D) My first app was the Air Swiper and now I would like to present you a small handy app, which should prevent any unwanted behavior your phone may be doing in your pocket, the app will just lock the phone when it will recognize the phone is in pocket a no one is interacting with him.
    I have personally been using my app for three days and I have to say it works just flawelessly almost no battery drain.
    But it is on you guys, please everybody tell me if you will experience something bad or like that.
    If you have any idea what to add, feel free to hesitate me via PM. Hope you are going to like it.
    Have a great time everyone :)

Google Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.helmisek.project.smart.pocketguard

Also if anybody is interested and would like to help me with translating the app to his native langauage, please PM me. :) I'll you give credits at the end of thread.

If you would find my app helpful for you, you can support me via donating or even rate my app on playstore with nice comment. Since app is ADs free and I am a very young student who spares time developing apps for free, for everyone to download, so if you like my app then please at least leave a nice comment. :)

Features:
    Position guard - Experimental feature which may help you to get better experience.

Screenies
    mE-gdoFxd5S4Zs8UjkjYYwrUJBEyod3ioCr3gZupPjrkshVbajhzq1hJZ3yfy9D5uA=h900-rw

OD517lk0XJ5YOdhnattEbR-sCC6SA9KfBD4qki5w883n4ik7hxBFy7Eif7-SzUDKpO8=h900-rw

JJwEsxaoQ3NBDnoYMe3BLVgRT0E7kwWJpwyv13C5hcwZSbKut-KvyjX19gVOo0H6uG7_=h900-rw
    New update - v1.4

Hey guys, new update.
    I honestly hope there are still people who are interested in this app. :)

With this version app is now having Czech language support and the calibration crash should be fixed. :)

Please try and reply. Thank you guys!! :)
    started using the app .review in 2-3 days :good:
    Thank you!
    Installed on my N5 and a quick test up against a cushion with the lock screen disabled worked well. I saw the screen light up and then quickly turn off a second or two later. Will leave it installed and see how it goes for everyday use. :)

Great idea btw, and I like the simplicity.

Edit: Playing around with a finger over the sensor, it looks like a 3 second delay during which it's still possible to do stuff. Did you consider making the delay shorter, say a maximum of 1 second (or as near to instant as possible)? Or even user changeable?

Well I was thinking of it, but I have found the actual delay the best. But I can surely make an input for changing the delay. Thank you for your comment. :)

works like a charm, thx 4 this

is it possible to disable also "Power-Button" while in Pocket?

Thank you! I am not sure, but I will look into it. :)

Please everybody who has a moment, let me here a comment about the position guard.
    It may be sensitive it may be not that much sensitive it varies by devices. :)
    I have actually one solution in my head but I would like to hear how it works for you.
    Include your phone model into comment as well please.
    Thanks 4 this because i used to have 2 wrap my phone in cloth or paper towels to keep the phone screen from activating whenever i sweat it triggered the double tapp i assume but since i installed this it stopped

Great. Happy to see my app has helped you! :good: