Headphones built in speaker

Search This thread

stinkypoo

Mar 7, 2014
Today when I was out my z2 rang I had my headphones in I answered the call via my sw2 and I could speak and be heard so I presume the headphones have a built in microphone I didn't know that as there is no volume rocker on the headphones

Last edited:

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
There is. There always has, on my stock headphones, O guess. It's a small hole, generally on the little thing that "unites" the two ear cables

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stinkypoo

cedropol

Mar 16, 2013
It could explain why model MDR-NC31E (not MDR-NC31EM) can be also noise canceling set...

TheOnlyIntruder

Jan 13, 2009
Sony Xperia XZ1
Sony Xperia 1 II
The red circle shows were the microphone is on the earphone, a way you can test it is if you activate the noise cancelling, rub your fingers across that part of the earphone, you'll hear that typical swashing sound when rubbing a mic.

(I took the photo with the Z2)

Just quoting my reply to a thread in the question section.

Attachments

• DSC_0037.jpg
    DSC_0037.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 432

raducanmihai

Aug 24, 2011
Brașov
It could explain why model MDR-NC31E (not MDR-NC31EM) can be also noise canceling set...

My headphones are MDR-NC31E and they are noise cancelling. I checked Sony's website and only MDR-NC31EM appears. I think it's the same model and they changed the name (put an extra M there) or different name for different markets.

L.E.: I checked the papers inside the box (last image I added) and it says MDR-NC31EM :) . So they are the same. Probably they decided to change the name after some of them were already manufactured.

Attachments

• DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 593
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 650
  • 14128523045_146186f366_o.jpg
    14128523045_146186f366_o.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 584
Last edited:

chesterr

Nov 27, 2010
Galle
So hey guys is it me or just anyone who has their btn200 has this pairing issue?
cause sometimes it is paired but the sounds don't come out of the headset,
instead of that it comes out from the external speakers of the phone, I tried unpairing and repairing too. Didn't work out for me though,
I saw it it's not really working like the battery is around 0-30%, does anyone know why?

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
So hey guys is it me or just anyone who has their btn200 has this pairing issue?
cause sometimes it is paired but the sounds don't come out of the headset,
instead of that it comes out from the external speakers of the phone, I tried unpairing and repairing too. Didn't work out for me though,
I saw it it's not really working like the battery is around 0-30%, does anyone know why?

I dont have the btn200, but i did get a free btx300 speaker and not had any issues with pairing...... have you got stamina mode or any battery saving thingys on??? As you mentioned battery life, maybe somethings killing bluetooth at a certain percentage to preserve battery, if not that then i dont know

chesterr

Nov 27, 2010
Galle
I dont have the btn200, but i did get a free btx300 speaker and not had any issues with pairing...... have you got stamina mode or any battery saving thingys on??? As you mentioned battery life, maybe somethings killing bluetooth at a certain percentage to preserve battery, if not that then i dont know

Yea I was actually thinking the same and I am gonna try it out without the low-battery mode cause it might be killing the link in-between.
And the funny part is that it shows that my headset is connected. :eek::confused: haha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is. There always has, on my stock headphones, O guess. It's a small hole, generally on the little thing that "unites" the two ear cables

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk