HTC Butterfly S / 9060 Dual SIM - ROOT China Unicom

Search This thread

itayel

May 19, 2008
Hi,

I bought this mobile in China,
so far I couldn't root this mobile
I brought it to "hboot..with unlocked and tempered sign" with fastboot
but couldn't enter to Recovery mode ( changed over 10 different versions of clockworkmod recovery, and twrp)
Checked the Chinese websites , all of them don't have an answer how to root this mobile.
did anyone succeed?

tsokh

Aug 14, 2013
Kiev
Hi,

I bought this mobile in China,
so far I couldn't root this mobile
I brought it to "hboot..with unlocked and tempered sign" with fastboot
but couldn't enter to Recovery mode ( changed over 10 different versions of clockworkmod recovery, and twrp)
Checked the Chinese websites , all of them don't have an answer how to root this mobile.
did anyone succeed?

As I know, there is no version of twrp/cwm for 9060 model here, as there are no users, everyone has either 901e or 901s. You'll need to look on chinese forums.

koniiiik

Jun 12, 2008
Göteborg
koniiiik.org
tsokh is right, the 9060 is a completely different phone from 901S/E. Unfortunately for you, that means you're most likely out of luck. If you can get your hands on a dump of the stock recovery, it might be possible to build TWRP for your phone, but I can't guarantee that.

sayu-ne

Jan 18, 2014
can you upload boot for 9060?
i tried to install recovery, but now phone can not boot at all T_T

atabaque

May 27, 2008
pastor.ovh.org
Not at all, it should be perfectly possible with temproot, it's just going to take a bit of effort. Toward the end of this week I should be able to find some free time to help you people with this phone, but I'll need a volunteer to create dumps from the device.

I am happy to help you ,as I always wanted to try do this kind of things.
Just let me know,what you need and I will lean how to do it.

is ok for you?

luo791125

Nov 22, 2013
Not at all, it should be perfectly possible with temproot, it's just going to take a bit of effort. Toward the end of this week I should be able to find some free time to help you people with this phone, but I'll need a volunteer to create dumps from the device.

Can you help me do a HTC Butterfly S / 9060 Dual SIM ROOT China Unicom Recovery?
What I need to find to file. Thank you.

octopus82

May 16, 2012
Sorry, unfortunately, I won't be able to find the time to help you. I'm really sorry about that, but for the next two months I have a lot of stuff of much higher importance to do.

Hopefully someone else might be able to help you.

Hello,

I want to know if this device can get the kit kat version ?

Thank's

bucsadanmihai

Apr 28, 2014
I have an htc 9060 bought from China,
I already put Google play on it. But I want to remove
the Chinese apps...and I don't know how!
I didn't do nothing to unlock or root the phone.
I used an app from htc market to put the all Google
services including YouTube...etc.
What is disturbing is the chinese BlinkFeed and all
the other chinese apps.
You have any idea how to remove them?
Thanks for your time and I hope you have experience
with this kind of things.

Mihai- from Romania

Sent from my HTC 9060 using XDA Free mobile app

bsinha

Nov 30, 2014
HTC Butterfly S 9060

Hello,

I am struggling with the exact same issue, did anyone manage to remove all the apps with chinese text e.g. blinkfeed and/or get a custom ROM?

Regards,
Bis

kihapet

Dec 18, 2014
Nairobi

Hi Koniiiik you had offered to work on a rom for the HTC Butterfly 9060 the offer still open? we stuck at 4.2.2 have root access and CWM Advanced on the phone.

krulez6

Jun 19, 2015
Google Services

Here a message from a newby in the XDA scene... Im having problems installing Google Play, Gmail, Youtube etc. because they all need Google Services. However, when I try installing an APK it crashes everytime (it came without when bought). I am aware of the last 3 numbers in the parentheses but every version I try crashes. Can someone help me what's wrong? A custom ROM would be the best solution obviously, but that doesnt seem available for now :( Thanks!