Err_name_not_resolved

Search This thread

chesterr

Nov 27, 2010
Galle
Hey guys after I installed stock lollipop I can't access few pages like xdaforums.com and gsmarena.com.
It shows that something to do with my dns serve. :confused::confused:
If anyone came across or knows what's up please collaborate with this matter.
Screenshot_2015-03-23-10-53-49.pngScreenshot_2015-03-23-10-53-43.png

rappa619

Jan 21, 2012
I have the exact same problem. I can access the main xda site, but not the forum. Can't access the forum through the xda app or tapatalk either. If I put data saver mode on in chrome, then it works through chrome at least. If I make my phone into a hotspot, other devices that connect to it also can't access xda forums. Tried this with 2g, 3g and wifi, none work. Everything is normal on my laptop and tablet using the same wifi.
Only thing I can think of is that I flashed the modem of kitkat because I have thr d6502, which model is your phone?

rappa619

Jan 21, 2012
I thought it was fixed, but after reboot, same issue. It seems as if quickly at boot if I try to access the forum, it works. If I wait for a few minutes, it doesn't work. Very weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: progressfx

drophex

Jan 17, 2015
Hey guys after I installed stock lollipop I can't access few pages like xdaforums.com and gsmarena.com.
It shows that something to do with my dns serve. :confused::confused:
If anyone came across or knows what's up please collaborate with this matter.
View attachment 3224429View attachment 3224430

I have this issue too with my Z3 Compact / 5.02
Only solution is to insert the IP to /system/etc/hosts ("207.244.72.9 xdaforums.com").
Because I tried several DNS Server without success. This is strange.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4529355

If you unlocked the bootloader there is an app that prevents you from posting screenshots or even installing benchmark applications. If you have functional root try to delete PrototypeProtection. The app has a list of apps and sites that are banned, for example this forum, GSM arena and Antutu

Gustavo RD78

May 19, 2011
Maringá - PR
If you unlocked the bootloader there is an app that prevents you from posting screenshots or even installing benchmark applications. If you have functional root try to delete PrototypeProtection. The app has a list of apps and sites that are banned, for example this forum, GSM arena and Antutu

Problem solved!
Thanks!
and after deleting the app, I received an update as screenshot

Att Gustavo RD78

Attachments

• 1427890181428.jpg
    1427890181428.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 501

yuzhengwen

Apr 11, 2015
Singapore
yuzhengwen.github.io

It seems the issue is also on the Z3, my device had this problem.
I uninstalled PrototypeProtection with titanium backup and all works! :D:D
Just asking what exactly does Prototype Protection do, does it just block access to the apps and websites, does it do anything else?
Also, is it an app installed by the DRM Restore zip? If so, why did they bundle it?

D

Deleted member 4529355

It seems the issue is also on the Z3, my device had this problem.
I uninstalled PrototypeProtection with titanium backup and all works! :D:D
Just asking what exactly does Prototype Protection do, does it just block access to the apps and websites, does it do anything else?
Also, is it an app installed by the DRM Restore zip? If so, why did they bundle it?

Prototype Protection comes in all Sony phones, the DRM restore zip doesn't install it and it just blocks apps and websites.

D

Deleted member 4529355

Then why only when I install drm restore zip then the websites and apps are blocked

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I don't know, something is making the prototype protection kick in. It is a system app, the DRM restore zip doesn't include anything more.

ptmaniac

Jul 17, 2009
Aveiro
Nexus 7 (2013)
Sony Xperia XZ
Ok. Then any ideas why it is bundled with Sony devices

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Judging by the name of the app and the comments in this thread, i'm guessing it's there to stop users going to a prototype / display phone for example, rooting it and upload stuff from the phone.

I would like a technical explanation too, maybe someone can decompile that apk and analyze what it does exactly?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 4529355
    I thought it was fixed, but after reboot, same issue. It seems as if quickly at boot if I try to access the forum, it works. If I wait for a few minutes, it doesn't work. Very weird.
    This problem also happened to me (Xperia Z3)!
    I have fixed the problem only flashing .FTF again (full data wipe)
    factory reset via recovery not solved!

Edit:
    the problem appears after that I restore my DRM keys using this method [EXRxYKG]DRM FUNCTION RESTORATION FOR UB DEVICE