[Live Wallpaper] VR Tunnel

Search This thread

chopsui

Feb 19, 2006
Austin
Now on the Market!

9/13/10 - New update!
The Max version now supports album art! You can choose to skin the cubes with your album art. It will automatically cycle through all of the album art on your SD storage. I'm working on an update to support those of you with internal storage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cWGhGnsIJI

market://details?id=com.wallpaper.VRTunnelMax - Full paid version

market://details?id=com.wallpaper.VRTunnelLite - Lite free version

I've removed the apk from here. If you already have one of the test versions installed, please uninstall it and get it from the market. That way you'll be able to get automatic updates.

To Do List
Short term:
Possibly implement some sort of color cycling so that the cubes change colors while it's running.

Long term:
User selectable textures
Pulsing when music is playing
Custom models - imagine instead of simple cubes, it was a bunch of Android robots

Thanks to everyone here for helping out with the testing!
If you can, come join us at the Big Texas Android BBQ
http://bigtxbbq.com/

Instructions:
If you've clicked on the about bar in the settings, then you've already seen these but I should include them here as well.

The tilting motion works best when the phone is in a relatively horizontal position.
Double tap the screen to re-center the tunnel.
Try tapping the cubes multiple times to change their rotation.

Attachments

• VRTunnelMAXQRCode.png
    VRTunnelMAXQRCode.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 430
  • VRTunnelLITEQRCode.png
    VRTunnelLITEQRCode.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 525
Last edited:

Deekayy

Jan 29, 2010
After watching the clip.. my mind in a daze haha. It looks reallyy good and i'm gonna try it out right now. How is it on the battery?

chopsui

Feb 19, 2006
Austin
LOL, the 3D effect actually looks better in the video than in real life, I think.

As far as battery, I'm sure it takes quite a toll while it's on because the motion sensors are pretty power-hungry but you can turn them off in the settings if you wish.

mssmison

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2008
Google Pixel 5
I know this is the nexus one forum. But just as an FYI it doesn't work on my stock 2.1 telus milestone. All the cubes and the tunnel are white, regardless of the settings selected.

chopsui

Feb 19, 2006
Austin
hmm, ok. Is the Milestone is the same as the Motorola Droid? If so, I can think of a few things to try for the next release...

babijoee

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2008
Melbourne
nice testing now on cm6
pretty awesome so far. and pretty good for your first app :p

Last edited:

harmohn

Jan 18, 2010
London
I'm impressed! It shows a lot of promise and I'll enjoy seeing how this develops.

Thanks for sharing :)

R

RevJesseJ

chopsui, great job! These other posts are too humble. I think this LWP is top notch!
You have managed to get a '3D' style live wallpaper to work! I think the more people that find out about this the more popular you will become. I would pay for this in the market! Watch how many people kang this from you! I look forward to more from you in the future. :)

chopsui

Feb 19, 2006
Austin
Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm working on the Milestone/Droid bug now. I'll let you know when I have a new build.

chopsui

Feb 19, 2006
Austin
I've updated the original post for those having issues with the textures.

Let me know what happens. Thanks!