[Q] Has anyone replaced a digitizer for g2x??

Search This thread

franklinz305

Nov 27, 2010
Any tips would be appreciated.
Maybe links to somewhere i can get the parts for cheap or a repair service.. thanks

carltonhimself

Jul 25, 2010
Sarasota
I got mine from RepairsUniverse.com. It was 67$ with shipping. Order their double sided tape, too. When you get it, disassemble according to their YouTube video. To remove the glass, use a hair dryer to heat the glass, and nudge it out with the plastic tool they provide. If you go slow and don't rush it, the whole process will take about an hour the first time. Clean the frame well, and place the tape on it. You'll have to cut the piece provided, so don't worry if it doesn't line up exactly. Press the glass down on the tape and reassemble the phone. BOOM.
Also: if you want to do something REALLY cool, search for the white digitizer and battery cover. The all white G2X looks awesome, and you can get the whole kit for like 80 bucks USD.

buru898

I never needed to use a hair dryer. It's fairly weak adhesive that keeps the screen on to the glass.

Look up the YouTube video. I actual commented on there about my experience replacing it. Same user name but with an x at the end (buru898x).

Oh and you also don't need to "re-tape" the screen either. The screen is locked in securely with or without glue/tape.

Last edited:

moeahmad1995

May 3, 2011
Chicago
Actually I'm going to replace my aunts g2x this Saturday when she comes over. I got the digitizer plus the alluminim bezel (idk if it is aluminium or not) for 60 and I got it 3 days. I use Amazon

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
Actually I'm going to replace my aunts g2x this Saturday when she comes over. I got the digitizer plus the alluminim bezel (idk if it is aluminium or not) for 60 and I got it 3 days. I use Amazon

The bezel is plastic trust me I dented the hell out of mine. Its black plastic with a grey metallic coating. Let's see if I can get a good picture of it.

IMG_20120419_193923.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: moeahmad1995

franklinz305

Nov 27, 2010
Thnx for the links.
To those of u guys who replaced digitizer....
does the touch function work properly? cuz i know some ppl with other phones that have replaced digitizers and then the touch screen doesnt work properly.

buru898

Thnx for the links.
To those of u guys who replaced digitizer....
does the touch function work properly? cuz i know some ppl with other phones that have replaced digitizers and then the touch screen doesnt work properly.

I can tell you mine works perfectly.

I even opened it once more recently to get a few specs of dust from the screen out.

The first time I opened it was a whiles back... on the YouTube video you can see the date of my post.

moeahmad1995

May 3, 2011
Chicago
The bezel is plastic trust me I dented the hell out of mine. Its black plastic with a grey metallic coating. Let's see if I can get a good picture of it.

IMG_20120419_193923.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I wish my phone had dents like that, mine is a million times worse :( mine is dented everywhere

mustangtim49

May 20, 2011
Sea of Tranquility, Moon
http://www.partoflaptop.com/product_info.php?language=en&currency=USD&products_id=1450
Yeah I was gonna buy it when it was around $70 but I thought it would just drop over time like the black one did but I was completely wrong. You should post your phone up for sale as a feeler to see how much money you would get

I did, put my phone up for sale, on ebay. One of my black ones, but i offered my white one for $400 and no one grabbed it. I'm glad, though, I now will never get rid of if. it is a show stopper! Here's my other article, the cheap way. http://www.acsyndicate.net/20-white-conversion-g2x/

Last edited:

moeahmad1995

May 3, 2011
Chicago
They dont sell the white digitizer i have anymore and yes, my housing is original color. If you check my article, i wrote an earlier one with a cheaper alternative.

Also, the battery cover I have is beautiful, $21.99, made from white plastic. I see the digitizer on eBay for about $170. I paid $66
artifintel@ACSyndicate.net

Yeah I was gonna buy it when it was around $70 but I thought it would just drop over time like the black one did but I was completely wrong. You should post your phone up for sale as a feeler to see how much money you would get

mustangtim49

May 20, 2011
Sea of Tranquility, Moon
http://www.partoflaptop.com/product_info.php?language=en&currency=USD&products_id=1450

I did, put my phone up for sale, on ebay. One of my black ones, but i offered my white one for $400 and no one grabbed it. I'm glad, though, I now will never get rid of if. it is a show stopper!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts