How to flash clockwork mod?

Search This thread

ScoobyDoo27

Jul 23, 2010
Utah
I just rooted my phone with the one click root and now I'm trying to flash clockwork mod onto my phone so I can flash the froyo ROM and a new theme but every time I click "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" it gives me an error saying that an error occurred while downloading your recovery. I even tried to use older versions and I get the same error. What am I doing wrong? I'd really like to use froyo.

ScoobyDoo27

Jul 23, 2010
Utah
Alright, well I used Odin and flashed that .tar file and I'm still getting an error from clockworkmod. Any other suggestions?

Kevin Gossett

Oct 14, 2010
North Texas
Did you put the update.zip on your sd card? You shouldn't need to do anything with rom manager.

Edit: Further instructions... Place update.zip on root of SD card, flash .tar with Odin using PDA, boot into stock 2e recovery (blue) and apply:update.zip, which should take you into new red cwm

Last edited:

ScoobyDoo27

Jul 23, 2010
Utah
Did you put the update.zip on your sd card? You shouldn't need to do anything with rom manager.

Edit: Further instructions... Place update.zip on root of SD card, flash .tar with Odin using PDA, boot into stock 2e recovery (blue) and apply:update.zip, which should take you into new red cwm

I did all of that and I got a message that says it failed to verify whole-file signature, and that the installation aborted. I guess my phones just not to be rooted....

ScoobyDoo27

Jul 23, 2010
Utah
No, I'm rooted. I used the one click root. I can use rooted apps such as ad free android, cache cleaner and Titanium Backup. I have the superuser app in my app drawer. I just need to be able to get clockworkmod to work so I can flash some themes and the froyo rom that was leaked.

Kevin Gossett

Oct 14, 2010
North Texas
OK, let's troubleshoot here...

You have done the following:
1. Download Odin, cwm_froyo-odin.zip
2. Extract cwm_froyo-odin.zip, place update.zip on root of SD card
3. Power phone down, remove battery
4. Open Odin, hold volume down and plug in USB to enter download mode
5. Select PDA and place cwm_froyo.tar and flash
6. Upon finish, replace battery, hold both volume buttons down and power on until you enter stock recovery (blue)
7. Apply:update.zip to enter red recovery

You're doing all these steps and still having a problem?

ScoobyDoo27

Jul 23, 2010
Utah
OK, let's troubleshoot here...

You have done the following:
1. Download Odin, cwm_froyo-odin.zip
2. Extract cwm_froyo-odin.zip, place update.zip on root of SD card
3. Power phone down, remove battery
4. Open Odin, hold volume down and plug in USB to enter download mode
5. Select PDA and place cwm_froyo.tar and flash
6. Upon finish, replace battery, hold both volume buttons down and power on until you enter stock recovery (blue)
7. Apply:update.zip to enter red recovery

You're doing all these steps and still having a problem?

Yes, I did all of that just as you mentioned. Is it safe to go over them one more time? Or is it bad to keep flashing that file to my phone?

Xxw0lfxX

Jan 12, 2011
I'm having the same problem. Once i open oden, and plug in the phone and hold down the vol down and power, it comes up to the Downloading.... screen, but Odin doesnt show a thing.