[Q] Soft Brick

Search This thread

af_nm

Feb 19, 2014
Driver issue 99% of the time make sure you've uninstalled all Samsung drivers. Use windows' control panel option to uninstall programs and make sure all kies, samsung, and verizon related stuff is uninstalled. Then reboot the pc, let your phone install the drivers for your pc, and try using a different usb port with the stock oem cable. Also make sure adb isn't running in the background

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
you were right I'm uninstalling kies permanently now, but will I have to redownload the USB driver sine deleting kies deleted it as well

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
you were right I'm uninstalling kies permanently now, but will I have to redownload the USB driver sine deleting kies deleted it as well

Also make sure you actually go to the utilities tab and hit detect. Heimdall is supposed to automatically do this of course but it's given me libusb errors because of that before.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Surge1223

af_nm

Feb 19, 2014
Driver issue 99% of the time make sure you've uninstalled all Samsung drivers. Use windows' control panel option to uninstall programs and make sure all kies, samsung, and verizon related stuff is uninstalled. Then reboot the pc, let your phone install the drivers for your pc, and try using a different usb port with the stock oem cable. Also make sure adb isn't running in the background

Sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to try flashing the software using another computer that has never had kies, Verizon, or Samsung programs ever downloaded on it, also I disabled firewall and antivirus when trying to flash but I still keep getting

initializing connection...
detecting device
ERROR: failed to access device libusb error: -12

Could it still be a program that I forgot to download or something I forgot to add?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No it was shipped with vruame7 and I was never able to update after I rooted so it's always been on vraume7 I used loki'd when I rooted. Ive tried using mj7 and mk2 as well but I can't find one that will work

If it came with VRUAME7 then you didnt use the Loki method to root. If you want help you should post more logs/info. Like your last sentence "Ive tried using mj7 and mk2 as well but I can't find one that will work" can you elaborate on that? Saying you cant find one that works suggests you've found ones that dont work. But what does "don't work" consist of? It could be "write error", md5 mismatch, "PIT partition not found", "SW Rev check fail..", wrong file etc.

Check that the Odin tar file name says "VRUEMJ7" or "VRUEMK2" in it and ends in tar.md5 and make sure the md5 matches. If that fails then post back with logs/info that will actually assist us in helping you troubleshoot

I was flashing a rom onto my galaxy s4 and I've noticed that it couldn't receive OTA updates before but I never updated so it didn't affect me much until today when I tried flashing a rom and the code turned red and it says SW REV. Check FAIL: fused:5. Binary: 3, I also tried using odin downloader to flash VRAUME7 back onto it but said it encountered a error in line 27. After I tried using Kies downloader to update the software but it says firmware upgrade encountered an issue please select recovery mode in Kies but when I used recovery mode in keis it says it encountered a problem while updating, I'm out of ideas could someone please help

Fused 5 means you need to flash either mj7 or mk2 .
    I'd do the full wipe at this point. If one doesn't work right at first... Try the other. Do you recall which your phone was on prior to this?

Sent From My Verizon S4
    I was flashing a rom onto my galaxy s4 and I've noticed that it couldn't receive OTA updates before but I never updated so it didn't affect me much until today when I tried flashing a rom and the code turned red and it says SW REV. Check FAIL: fused:5. Binary: 3, I also tried using odin downloader to flash VRAUME7 back onto it but said it encountered a error in line 27. After I tried using Kies downloader to update the software but it says firmware upgrade encountered an issue please select recovery mode in Kies but when I used recovery mode in keis it says it encountered a problem while updating, I'm out of ideas could someone please help

so what is your base build number?

what rom were you trying to flash

are you loki'd or safestrap?
    so what is your base build number?

what rom were you trying to flash

are you loki'd or safestrap?

Yea I don't know either.. I just saw that Odin error then I saw me7. Figured op tried flashing the wrong one. It is a bit confusing though with no actual info to go on.

Sent From My Verizon S4
    Verizon SCH-I545

a rom called premium but I didn't even get to download it before the red code started

and lastly I rooted using loki'd, sorry for the lack of info

OK well if you can get back into download mode then flash the MDK tar . I'm not really sure if you were flashing a rom in Odin or a custom recovery but in any case if all else fails.... Odin mdk

Sent From My Verizon S4