[Q] Will Nandroid restore google accounts?

Search This thread

BlueSteelSS

Sep 7, 2012
Singapore
twitter.com
Hi all,
From the topic this may seem like a really stupid question that I can figure out myself, but there's more to it. I dropped my Samsung Galaxy Mega on the floor and the left side of the screen cracked. Everything is still visible. But the touchscreen is damaged. I cannot unlock my screen anymore. Thus, I decided to send it for repair. I have sensitive data on my phone that I do not wish the repairman to see. Luckily, I had CWM on my phone already, so I did a quick backup and formatted my phone. As I never done a CWM restore before, I got curious and went for a try.The restore was successful. Everything as far as I can see from the lockscreen was reverted to the backup (wallpaper and stuff). I sent it for repair last night and I can't remember if I have re-formatted it. Ok for those who have read till here (thanks for your patience) , will the restore I just made include my Google Account inside my phone? Because I want to check the last online activity of my phone through Android Device Manager to see if it was online. If it is online it means my phone have not been re-formatted right? Or is there any other way to see if my phone have been formatted remotely?
Thanks!

Last edited:

zeetherocker

Jan 24, 2012
Bangalore
Hi all,
From the topic this may seem like a really stupid question that I can figure out myself, but there's more to it. I dropped my Samsung Galaxy Mega on the floor and the left side of the screen cracked. Everything is still visible. But the touchscreen is damaged. I cannot unlock my screen anymore. Thus, I decided to send it for repair. I have sensitive data on my phone that I do not wish the repairman to see. Luckily, I had CWM on my phone already, so I did a quick backup and formatted my phone. As I never done a CWM restore before, I got curious and went for a try.The restore was successful. Everything as far as I can see from the lockscreen was reverted to the backup (wallpaper and stuff). I sent it for repair last night and I can't remember if I have re-formatted it. Ok for those who have read till here (thanks for your patience) , will the restore I just made include my Google Account inside my phone? Because I want to check the last online activity of my phone through Android Device Manager to see if it was online. If it is online it means my phone have not been re-formatted right? Or is there any other way to see if my phone have been formatted remotely?
Thanks!

Nandroid backups restore everything... And make it the exact way It was at the point of backup... So your Google account will be logged in automatically unless you had removed them before the nandroid backup.

Reactions: BlueSteelSS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,
    Thanks!

Nandroid backups restore everything... And make it the exact way It was at the point of backup... So your Google account will be logged in automatically unless you had removed them before the nandroid backup.
    Oh sort of like a mirror image eh? Thanks!

Yeah... Exactly a mirror image... So if android device manager says you are still logged into that device then you didn't format it Again before giving it For repair...