[ROM][32A] CursorSense32A-1.2.6.1 - NOW CM UPDATER FRIENDLY! [01-30-10]

Search This thread

march83

Nov 28, 2009
Cursor, been thinking about this for a while but I noticed that using CursorSense for almost a month now, I can't see it connects to 3G. After testing the Fender Edition (as well as sanpei's ROM), I can see the 3G working again.
I'm testing this scenario on the same location so the signal strength factor from my provider can be ignored.
Can we do something about this? Thanks

interesting - cursor is the only rom i've used that has ever been able to get my service provider names correct. as for connectivity, it's on the money too - it gets all my different, fun networks right (edge :D)

fender hasn't given me HDSPA yet, but like all that stuff is possibly tweakable in the build.prop settings...

asero

Dec 1, 2009
Singapore
interesting - cursor is the only rom i've used that has ever been able to get my service provider names correct. as for connectivity, it's on the money too - it gets all my different, fun networks right (edge :D)

fender hasn't given me HDSPA yet, but like all that stuff is possibly tweakable in the build.prop settings...
Thanks! I will try to play with build.prop settings :)

Dave778

Nov 7, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Anyone else using SMS Time Fix by Matthews Precious? I find it works better than SmsFixTimes by Nathan Friess and the timestamp in the notification bar is right with SMS Time Fix
:p
I just tested for an hour and its not stable! sometimes works sometimes not!
smsfixtimes works perfect with handcent as long as u set it to android conversation style. With android conversation style the time is never off even if in the middle of texting someone.The notifications are bang on too. One just has to remember to disable top bar notification in the stock messaging app.
No need to change from smsfixtimes in my opinion :)

Last edited:

pellen

Oct 29, 2009
Linköping
Doh, just noticed that I too get random FC's...:/
Pulled it out of my pocket and saw that i had a FC, closed it and it popped up again and again and so on...restarts the phone and now the sdcard is unreadable..not the first time that happens to me, wiho...plugs in the usb cable and instantly get new FC's that loops...guess i'll do a nandroid restore to the 1.0.1. Hope this can be solved :)

Cliff Edge

Hi everyone.

I'm using GyD 2.1.1 atm and I've been thinking about switching to this CursorSense since yesterday. :p However, I don't want to brick my phone because of being a noob. I installed GyD because it was easy (flash recovery and update.zip) but this thing with SPL, Radio etc on new ROM..

Now I've got:
Code:
HBOOT-1.33.0009 (SAPP10000)
CPLD-12
RADIO-3.22.20.17
May 8 2009,21:02:32
And of course it is 32A (Orange PL). BTW. What kind of SPL do I have?

I should follow instructions from the first post in this thread, right? No other preparations are needed?
I also do not want to loose things from my GyD (I mean sms, contacts, apps) - I have some backup apps, so I will be able to revert that stuff using them?

And one more - I will create a nandroid backup before flashing new radio/spl/cursor - if something fails will I be able to revert the nandroid backup (and my GyD and all stuff)?

Tafla

Jan 12, 2010
Toruń
Hi everyone.

I'm using GyD 2.1.1 atm and I've been thinking about switching to this CursorSense since yesterday. :p However, I don't want to brick my phone because of being a noob. I installed GyD because it was easy (flash recovery and update.zip) but this thing with SPL, Radio etc on new ROM..

Dude, go to forum.android.com.pl/showthread.php?t=4840, wszystko po polsku krok po kroku. Everything in polish step by step

asero

Dec 1, 2009
Singapore
Yes, I wiped, upgraded radio and flashed new Rom yesterday,and I have had it two times. I have to reboot when it happens!!
Cursor, any idea why this happens?
I noticed several .so (including jbed) missing from /system/lib folder in 1.1.0 so I copied what's missing from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0 and never got a reboot.

I'm sure cursor is preparing an official fix for this since the changelog already mentioned 1.1.1 :)

Edit: BTW, the 3G/Edge tweaks present since RC2 is not included in 1.0.1.

Last edited:

march83

Nov 28, 2009
HBOOT-1.33.0009 <- this is your SPL.
follow these steps to get to an engineering rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=529019

then follow these steps to get 629 radio/176 spl: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=605239

take standard precautions - check md5 on all the files, don't be pulling out usb cables while you're flashing and don't be doing anything that might piss your computer off mid flash and you should be fine.

sms can be saved to gmail with sms backup, contacts are sync'd with gmail, you can backup apps with astro or similar. you don't need to touch your sd card so it will remain intact.

you can nandroid your gyd setup but it will be of no use to you unless you revert to a 133 spl and 222 or 322 radio.

good luck.

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
Cursor, been thinking about this for a while but I noticed that using CursorSense for almost a month now, I can't see it connects to 3G. After testing the Fender Edition (as well as sanpei's ROM), I can see the 3G working again.
I'm testing this scenario on the same location so the signal strength factor from my provider can be ignored.
Can we do something about this? Thanks

It is possible that the APN settings in the config are not allowing 3G. The APN config in the Donut Fender ROM are from Cyanogen 4.2.13, so maybe I'll pull those into CursorSense as well. I'll let you know when that's done.

ntphuong

Sep 18, 2004
www.LaptopEx.com
Doh, just noticed that I too get random FC's...:/
Pulled it out of my pocket and saw that i had a FC, closed it and it popped up again and again and so on...restarts the phone and now the sdcard is unreadable..not the first time that happens to me, wiho...plugs in the usb cable and instantly get new FC's that loops...guess i'll do a nandroid restore to the 1.0.1. Hope this can be solved :)

Same to me for this ROM
I updated this morning and get 1 FC , closed it and it popped up again and again, need to restart.
It did not happen with 3.03 ROM

ichijin

Nov 9, 2008
:p
I just tested for an hour and its not stable! sometimes works sometimes not!
smsfixtimes works perfect with handcent as long as u set it to android conversation style. With android conversation style the time is never off even if in the middle of texting someone.The notifications are bang on too. One just has to remember to disable top bar notification in the stock messaging app.
No need to change from smsfixtimes in my opinion :)

I was using the stock HTC messaging app, so maybe that makes a difference. Also running smsfixtimes might be conflicting with it

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
CursorSense32A-1.1.1
- Fixed WAP Browser
- Fixed lib issue with Java
- Fixed FC errors due to missing libraries
- Fixed HTC_CIME
- Re-added the 3G tweaks
- Added Cyanogen's latest APN list (more than 2x the APN settings)
- Fixed Multilanguage selection on first startup

Enjoy!

This is a no-wipe update, and it should clear up many issues that people had with 1.1.0. Thanks for your patience!

Top Liked Posts