[Q] Can't root or do anything, Help!

Search This thread

AytchG

Apr 13, 2012
Hey guys,
I had a rooted Galaxy Wonder with a custom Rom (TouchWiz, forgot which version). I had CWM 5 and wanted to Install CWM 6 so I can be able to get the Kitkat 4.4 Rom, but unfortunately I soft bricked it. I flashed a custom Rom using Odin 4.43 Multi Downloader and it successfully passed, but with a problem, it doesn't get to the Homescreen and it keeps of rebooting itself all over again. I can get to download mode and to stock recovery. So I thought I could maybe root it again and install CWM 6 to flash the rom.
Now the problem is that when I use the stock recovery (by Holding Vol Up+Home+Power) I don't get to install the root update.zip because it reboots itself after I press the menu button (it writes something about updating then reboots).
What can I do? Is there anyway to Root the device via Odin and install CWM 6 so I can flash a custom rom?
Help!
Thanks in advance! :)

dec0der

Mar 11, 2013
iloilo city
Hey guys,
I had a rooted Galaxy Wonder with a custom Rom (TouchWiz, forgot which version). I had CWM 5 and wanted to Install CWM 6 so I can be able to get the Kitkat 4.4 Rom, but unfortunately I soft bricked it. I flashed a custom Rom using Odin 4.43 Multi Downloader and it successfully passed, but with a problem, it doesn't get to the Homescreen and it keeps of rebooting itself all over again. I can get to download mode and to stock recovery. So I thought I could maybe root it again and install CWM 6 to flash the rom.
Now the problem is that when I use the stock recovery (by Holding Vol Up+Home+Power) I don't get to install the root update.zip because it reboots itself after I press the menu button (it writes something about updating then reboots).
What can I do? Is there anyway to Root the device via Odin and install CWM 6 so I can flash a custom rom?
Help!

I flashed a custom Rom using Odin 4.43 Multi Downloader and it successfully passed, but with a problem, it doesn't get to the Homescreen and it keeps of rebooting itself all over again.
Did you do a full wife before you install a new custom ROM? I guess not.

So I thought I could maybe root it again and install CWM 6 to flash the rom.
You don't need to root it again since it's already rooted (when you first installed TouchWiz) and it's not the cause i think.

I think your phone is still rooted that's why your having that problem.

So, your problem is that, you believed your phone is not rooted anymore?

Reactions: AytchG

AytchG

Apr 13, 2012

You don't need to root it again since it's already rooted (when you first installed TouchWiz) and it's not the cause i think.

Well, I didn't know if it is rooted or not and I don't know how to flash Cwm 6 and I can't use the phone normally since it is not able to turn on to the Homescreen.
Don't mind the older custom Rom, it was flashed successfully and I used it for more than 3 months.

Last edited:

dec0der

Mar 11, 2013
iloilo city
Well, I didn't know if it is rooted or not and I don't know how to flash Cwm 6 and I can't use the phone normally since it is not able to turn on to the Homescreen.
Don't mind the older custom Rom, it was flashed successfully and I used it for more than 3 months.

Which recovery can you enter now? cwm or stock recovery?

AytchG

Apr 13, 2012

Stock, but can't do anything in it. I get the White box icon with the yellow arrow and android and press the menu button but then it says updating Application then some things that I can't read because the go quickly and something about can't access (some directory in system) and Update successful and rebooting.
It keeps doing that.

dec0der

Mar 11, 2013
iloilo city
Stock, but can't do anything in it. I get the White box icon with the yellow arrow and android and press the menu button but then it says updating Application then some things that I can't read because the go quickly and something about can't access (some directory in system) and Update successful and rebooting.
It keeps doing that.

Okay, lets try this one first. Install CWM recovery 6.x

Download the following files (make sure its not corrupted files)

Odin Multi Downloader v4.44 HERE
ClockworkMod v6.0.4.5 HERE MD5 Sum: 144ce4ffcf9f577e7e12562f3c5579d3 (extract after download)
Ancora.ops HERE MD5 Sum: 65831d136621d6d550d2a11a2e8111f3 (extract after download)

And follow this flashing guide.
guide 1 and guide 2

Note: On the guide 1, do step 2-6 only. step 6 that says
6.Click on the One Package-Button and select the downloaded MD5-file.
, your MD5 file will be recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.5-ancora.tar.md5

If it was successful, try to enter CWM recovery then.

Last edited:

AytchG

Apr 13, 2012

ClockworkMod v6.0.4.5 HERE MD5 Sum: 144ce4ffcf9f577e7e12562f3c5579d3 (extract after download)
Ancora.ops HERE MD5 Sum: 65831d136621d6d550d2a11a2e8111f3 (extract after download)

guide 1 and guide 2

Note: On the guide 1, do step 2-6 only. step 6 that says , your MD5 file will be recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.5-ancora.tar.md5

Now when I enter the recovery mode I get a black blank screen.

MayB4ck

Jan 11, 2014
Kavadarci
None. Just a black screen
Edit: I tried flashing now cwm 5 instead of 6 and it worked. I can boot to cwm 5 recovery. But still is there anyway to flash cwm 6?

Just download Phil's Advanced CWM recovery, and flash it (CWM recovery 6.0.4.5) Flash the recovery like any else recovery you flashed.

Download the .op and the cwm recovery (Flashable via odin multi downloader ) Here

And make sure you are running Windows 7, and not Windows 8, I have experienced problems flashing recovery on Windows 8 64bit

dec0der

Mar 11, 2013
iloilo city
Edit: I tried flashing now cwm 5 instead of 6 and it worked. I can boot to cwm 5 recovery. But still is there anyway to flash cwm 6?

I flashed a custom Rom using Odin 4.43 Multi Downloader
this might be the cause, so we need do clean wipe of all the data/ files in your internal storage. We need to make it boot first since it's not just a recovery problem but ROM.

Do you still have the touchwiz rom in your external sd-card? If it's still there, do this steps in cmw:

select "wipe data / factory reset"
go to "mounts & storage" and format /system. This is extremely important!
under the same menu, format /sdcard0 (be careful NOT to format /sdcard1 by mistake)
install touchwiz
reboot

Last edited:

AytchG

Apr 13, 2012
Just download Phil's Advanced CWM recovery, and flash it (CWM recovery 6.0.4.5) Flash the recovery like any else recovery you flashed.

Download the .op and the cwm recovery (Flashable via odin multi downloader ) Here

And make sure you are running Windows 7, and not Windows 8, I have experienced problems flashing recovery on Windows 8 64bit

Thanks! I flashed this Phil's Cwm and then flashed the cm 11 Kitkat 4.4 and gapps and it is working!! :D Thank you!

AytchG

Apr 13, 2012
this might be the cause, so we need do clean wipe of all the data/ files in your internal storage. We need to make it boot first since it's not just a recovery problem but ROM.

Do you still have the touchwiz rom in your external sd-card? If it's still there, do this steps in cmw:

select "wipe data / factory reset"
go to "mounts & storage" and format /system. This is extremely important!
under the same menu, format /sdcard0 (be careful NOT to format /sdcard1 by mistake)
install touchwiz
reboot
I tried MayB4ck's idea and it worked! :) Thanks for your help!!! I really appreciate it! :D

Reactions: dec0der

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    Help!

I flashed a custom Rom using Odin 4.43 Multi Downloader and it successfully passed, but with a problem, it doesn't get to the Homescreen and it keeps of rebooting itself all over again.

So I thought I could maybe root it again and install CWM 6 to flash the rom.

It keeps doing that.

guide 1 and guide 2

Note: On the guide 1, do step 2-6 only. step 6 that says
    6.Click on the One Package-Button and select the downloaded MD5-file.
    , your MD5 file will be recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.5-ancora.tar.md5

Now when I enter the recovery mode I get a black blank screen.

cwm recovery 6.x or still stock? we need either one them to work.