[Discontinued]: Note 3's S-Pen Air (with Air Command Feature) for Note 8

Search This thread

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
Yes, exactly.
I tried also to flash the two single zip in the jazzespresso thread on the S-Pen Air, prepared by Civato as well.
Same results.
I'd like to avoid to try a full wipe, so is there anything else I could do?

No don't do like this. First, go to Civato's ROM thread, downlad ROM for your device (make sure you are downloading right model of your tablet version).
Civato's ROM has aramo installer, means you need to install ROM first, and reboot your tablet..do all setup and then finally reboot back in to recovery and install Aircommand in Aramo install option.
in order to get fully fanctional Spen Air, I would recommend to do full wipe, so that you will avoid all strange issues.
By the way, this "Note 3's S-Pen Air (with Air Command Feature) for Note 8" thread is development thread which I started way back, but once all spen air stuff finalized, it is incorporated into Civato's ROM.

lautunno

Oct 9, 2005
No don't do like this. First, go to Civato's ROM thread, downlad ROM for your device (make sure you are downloading right model of your tablet version).
Civato's ROM has aramo installer, means you need to install ROM first, and reboot your tablet..do all setup and then finally reboot back in to recovery and install Aircommand in Aramo install option.
in order to get fully fanctional Spen Air, I would recommend to do full wipe, so that you will avoid all strange issues.
By the way, this "Note 3's S-Pen Air (with Air Command Feature) for Note 8" thread is development thread which I started way back, but once all spen air stuff finalized, it is incorporated into Civato's ROM.
it's what I tried a couple of times: full wipe, Civato Rom, than Spen Air Command (from Aroma Installer).
Rom ok, Air command freezing then the tablet @ boot.
Anyone on N5120 reporting it's working?
Thanks

rosystreasures

Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
rosycreates.etsy.com
wifi broken

I installed rev2 first thru philz touch. read I needed to install rev1 then rev2...did that...still no wifi...stock rooted 442.

edit: downloading the ROM and will try that. I'll report back my findings..

Last edited:

bunter2000

Jun 3, 2009
Stock Rom

Hi,

I have a stock 4.4.2 Note 8 can I install the aircommand without flashing complete ROM, If I can is there a link to the correct CWM version. I dl the latest and tried but every app associated with Spen crashed so I restored back to standard ROM again.

Thanks in advance

nitangle17

Nov 17, 2013
Mumbai
@jazzespresso great work buddy.
Well I know m posting in wrong thread totally.But plz don't mind.Since when I saw this thread question arises that can "air command" be ported to note n7000?
Don't get angry

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
@jazzespresso great work buddy.
Well I know m posting in wrong thread totally.But plz don't mind.Since when I saw this thread question arises that can "air command" be ported to note n7000?
Don't get angry
I am not sure if it will work for note n7000, but you can download following and give a try, but I strongly recommend you to do full-nandroid backup for your device, so if something goes wrong or shoft-brick or anything, you can restore your device...
AirCommand_Mod_Standalone_V1.0_MD5_2.zip

nitangle17

Nov 17, 2013
Mumbai
I am not sure if it will work for note n7000, but you can download following and give a try, but I strongly recommend you to do full-nandroid backup for your device, so if something goes wrong or shoft-brick or anything, you can restore your device...

wow what a generous guy..:victory::highfive:
I will try n confirm to you if it works.I will PM you if don't mind because posting here will be off topic.
Cheers bro:good:
Edit: do I have to do any wipes after flashing?currently m using Cheese rom

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

In cheese rom
there are already note 3 ported apps.Can u please tell me will it replace current apps(action memo,scrapbook,snote) with your Mod or will it contradict?

Last edited:

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
wow what a generous guy..:victory::highfive:
I will try n confirm to you if it works.I will PM you if don't mind because posting here will be off topic.
Cheers bro:good:
Edit: do I have to do any wipes after flashing?currently m using Cheese rom

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

In cheese rom
there are already note 3 ported apps.Can u please tell me will it replace current apps(action memo,scrapbook,snote) with your Mod or will it contradict?

it will replace action memo,scrapbook,snote, etc..... to play safe; unzip this port, and review app and priv-app folder and compare and see if which one is going to be replaced... if I were you, I will probably back them up first, then remove them, and then flash this port top of it to avoid any conflict.

Reactions: nitangle17

bunter2000

Jun 3, 2009
Hi,

I have a stock 4.4.2 Note 8 can I install the aircommand without flashing complete ROM, If I can is there a link to the correct CWM version. I dl the latest and tried but every app associated with Spen crashed so I restored back to standard ROM again.

Thanks in advance

Bump

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

I have tried dl and but ROM associated have bricked the device. I for to a standard where I for note device the device in stock. I tried to reset to factory through cwm recovery just would not format. The tablet got to a state of no return where it went to download screen from power up.

I though I was bricked when the pc would not recognise the comm port in odin. Luckily I thought to reset the pc and then flashed the stock rom again. I decided to go from note 10.1 to the note 8 for convenience for work and find the loss of air command not acceptable.

At the moment my note 8 is working fine but when it powers uo I get black and white stripes in stead of the note power up screen which is more of an annoyance. Can anyone guide me as a noobie even though I used to flash galaxy s2 roms like no tomorrow I have lost touch and really do want to fix the note 8 and have air command.

Even if it means being able to keep the stock rom as I really dont care about custom roms as much as my need for air command

bunter2000

Jun 3, 2009
Bump

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

I have a 5120 and have tried burst and flexnote ROMs and nearly bricked the device both times. I dl stock rom and re flashed back to a standard, it was a battle because the tablet would not reset to factory through device settings or via cwm recovery, could not find the areas to format. The tablet got to a state of no return where it went to download screen from power up.

I thought it was bricked when the pc would not recognise the comm port in odin. Luckily I thought to reset the pc and then was able to be flashed back to stock rom again. I decided to go from note 10.1 to the note 8 for convenience for work and find the loss of air command not acceptable.

At the moment my note 8 is working fine but when it powers up I get black and white stripes instead of the note power up signature screen which is more of an annoyance. Can anyone guide me as a noobie even though I used to flash galaxy s2 roms like no tomorrow I have lost touch and really do want to fix the note 8 and have air command.

Even if it means being able to keep the stock rom as I really dont care about custom roms as much as my need for air command
I had to correct every thing as I must have had auto fill set on the tablet and this message was unreadable garbage,.

I installed rev2 first thru philz touch. read I needed to install rev1 then rev2...did that...still no wifi...stock rooted 442.

edit: downloading the ROM and will try that. I'll report back my findings..

Explain please. ..... first need install rev1 and then rev2???? I dont understand I cant turn on wifi

Enviado desde mi SGH-I337M mediante Tapatalk

fasconal

Dec 28, 2012
I have GT5110 and tried both existing version but didn't work. Each time I get "... stop working". Any idea, workaround?

RoyVegasPinoy

Oct 17, 2009
So I went to post 2 and saw the two download files rev1 and rev2. What are the instructions for these? Do I flash both?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Air-Command-Galaxy-Note-3.jpg

About
    When Samsung offically release Note 8's 4.4.2, I knew that we won't be getting all new goodies from their latest flagship phones (Note 3, S5, etc),
    but soon realizing they did not even bother to add Note 3 Spen air feature, I was pissed off, so disappointed.

What a journey! Days and hours of working on it, debugging, troubleshooting, decompiling/recompiling framework-res files, and re-doing all the steps over again.
    Countless bootloops, countless restore, at one point when I was about to give up, I made little progres, that made me keep going...

It was around about the same time I started new thread called "PORTED APPS ~~] From S5, Note3, Tab Pro, S4, etc" a while back.
    Behind idea of that thread was to test and see if any of new ported Note 3, S4, S5 apps would work on our Note 8's 4.4.2, but again we found out many of them did not work.

While I was busy getting all Note 3/S5 ported apps to work on our Note 8, @edan1979 kicked initial spen air stuff port- an early alpha stage.
    and then I started to looking Note 3's S-Pen Air (with Air Command Feature) more closely, I knew that it has something to do with framework files. and then I run into @Mikyno's
    Galaxy Note 10.1 thread, so I invited him over to Note 8's "PORTED APPS ~~] From S5, Note3, Tab Pro, S4, etc" thread, I like to officially thank Mikyno for being so kind and willing to help us even if he did not
    have Note 8 tablet. I also like to thank @edan1979 for being persistence, and putting up initial alpha release.

Taking DN3 (Ditto Note 3) and Dr.Ketan Custom ROMV8 N3's framework files as my base working folder, I got all spen air stuff inserted back to Note 8's framework files (CivZ-FLEXNOTE-8.0_Rev1.5 as base ROM). This had been quite nightmare, considering I am not experienced developer so what I was doing was trial and error, but finally all the pieces come together without conflicting each other, and spen air stuff started to work the way it should be..

General information
    I did NOT "re-invent the wheel", It is E-Team is who is actually responsible of having all the Galaxy Note 3 features working perfectly in Galaxy Note 2 devices (titooo7, slink_59, arsaw, funky_81, ravijani,
    sotmax, RevengeDevTeam). Once they had working spen air stuff, rest is history; it spreaded like wild-fire and many ROMs included spen air stuff to their ROMs (even 3 year old S3 got it).
    This one is based on that and DN3 (Ditto Note 3) ROM from E-team, and Dr.Ketan Custom ROMV8 Note II.

Warning!:
    WARNING: BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE, MAKE SURE YOU DO FULL NANDROID BACKUP.

DO NOT COME CRYING TO ME IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG!!!

Let me be very clear: I am Not responsible if your device explodes, your dog runs away, your spouse leaves you for your dog, the shoe factory in a third world country shuts down and
    you can't get your Nike's anymore or anything else that may or may not happen after using this port to your tablet. Please make a full BACKUP! BACKUP!..so you be warned.
    If it gets you laid, I'll gladly accept credit for that

Requirements:
    * This port only works with CivZ-FLEXNOTE-8.0_Rev1.5 ROM - GT-N5110 - do NOT attempt to use if you are on Rev1.6. -- see the post #2 below
    * I may able to re-work framework files to work with civato's latest release v1.6 near future. -- see the post #2 below

Install Instructions:
    HURRRAAAAAAY! FINALLY WE HAVE FLASH-ABLE CWM ZIP FILE! SEE THE POST#2 FOR DOWNLOAD

DID YOU READ THE TITLE? IT SAYS GT-N5110, USING IT ANY OTHER NOTE 8 MODEL, YOU ARE IN RISK CRASHING OR BOOTLOOPING YOUR TABLET.

THIS IS NOT FLASHABLE ZIP FILE. REPEATING; NOT FLASHABLE ZIP, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLASH IT TO YOUR TABLET.

You may gonna ask; "..then why are you posting this here if it is not flashable?", It is because I am excited and like share with community.:D

Most likely there's going to be a flashable versions near future. In addition, civato may able to integreted this port in to his ROM (cross your fingers), so this port may come as default feature of next version of CivZ-FLEXNOTE-8.0 ROM.

Now, let's talk about real instructions:

When you download Note 3's S-Pen Air (with Air Command Feature) for Note 8, and unzip it to your desktop, you should see following folders listed below. I simply copied all the stuff out of my tablet from last two days work,
    I just wanted to make sure this package includes all the spen stuff nothing missed (possibly some extra stuff included that may or may not needed).

Needless to say, using Root Explorer, you can copy them back to your tablet and give right permission 0644 rights the files.
    However, you canNOT copy framework files directly to your table, so you need to create a simple flashable zip file and include them into to your flashable zip and flash it as first step, and make sure your tablet reboots fine,
    and then start copying remaining files back to your tablet.

-app
    -framework
    -etc/permission
    -csc
    -lib
    -priv-app
    -media
    -VODB

Final Note:

I know this is painful manual-intensive process, and because of that easy to make mistake since you manually getting all these files into your tablet, it takes time and patient (a lot), so take it slow, make sure you got all the files in the right place with right permissions.
    when copying files back to your tablet using your root explorer, it may asks you if overwrite the file(s), it is because the file(s) maybe already included, but mirror what I have on my tablet, I would say go head overwrite,
    after all you have nandroid backup, don't ya? if something goes wrong, you can always restore it back and start over.

Good luck!:good:

Download:

SEE THE POST #2 BELOW FOR DOWNLOAD LINK!

Help/Support/Troubleshoot:
    Remember and always keep in mind; just because I put this port out here does NOT mean I am your tech-support. This port provided as it is.
    However, you can still post your questions/issues here, and maybe I can or someone else can help, but there's no grantee.

Video - See it in Action:

http://youtu.be/KP0c7EeVN8w
    [YOUTUBEhttp://youtu.be/KP0c7EeVN8w[/YOUTUBE]

Issues/Bugs:
    I am not sure if this is a limitation or not or something missed and I am hesitant to call this a "bug", but here you go;
    To bring up spen air window again, you need to either insert the pen to pen holder and remove it or use Air Command Shortcut from Play store (it is free).
    Obviously, Note 3 has additional settings in Settings, which Note 8 does not have all that, maybe that additional spen settings from Note 3 can be back ported
    to Note 8's Settings, this could resolve - all these assumption, so don't know at this point.
    Anyway, this is NOT a showstopper, it does not bothers me at all.

Know Issues/Bugs:

• For some reason when open Google Chrome browser, it causes soft-reboot, I can't really related this issue with this port as both are two different thing.
      For now, please use Google Chrome beta.
    • When Reading Mode turned on and if you define to use for apps, such Google Play Books, Moon Reader, and open this apps, causes soft-reboot.

Of course, as relase indicates this is first public release, there could be some tiny issue or bugs there, but so far I am testing it for last couple days I have not run into any issue nor bugs.

Credits/Thanks:
    I would to like to give my THANKS to following people (in no particular order):

• @civato : For giving us KitKat 4.4.2 CivZ-FLEXNOTE-8.0 ROM and his continues support for Note 8 Community!
    • @ykkfive : For his help and support - check out his current ROM (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2642647)
    • @edan1979: For kicking the door and opening early alpha stage :)
    • @Mikyno: For his help and support.
    • DN3 (Ditto Note 3) entire E-team and Dr.Ketan for their effort of getting almost all Note 3 feature out in XDA community.
    • And possible some others that I forgot to mention here, so THANK YOU.

Usage:
    If you want to use this PORT in your own rom, you only have to give proper credits, just as a way of courtesy, and you do NOT need ask for permission, but it would be nice if you let me know if you are using it your own ROM.

In addition; any kind of improvement, bug fixes, new Air theme always more than welcome here, but you need to share it rest of Note 8 community.

Got it working on your tablet?, If yes, say THANK YOU :D
    DOWNLOADS:
    UPDATED: JUNE 27, 2014

This is flash-able cwm zips

DOWNLOAD LINK HERE:

Note 3's S-Pen Air (with Air Command Feature) Note 8 - GT-N5110/5100/5120

Please please make sure you are using right download folder based on your tablet's model! - Do not come here complain and posting issues if you used incorrect one!!

Thanks!
    I knew that @civato will get this nailed and come up with a universal installer - see post #7, post#26 below, this is indeed very good news for Note 8 community.
    Remember that we don't have a lot of developers here in Note 8 community compare to Note II community, we got just a few of them, so please please make a donation to them,
    a few dollar won't bankrupt you, so why not start your donation with @civato

SPEN AIR THEMES:

...coming soon, mean time check/search XDA, you will find several of them, please check with us (Civato and me) before you flash it.
    I have a test version for the Rev1.6 rom, it is a flashable but I still need to figure some things out. "flashbar" stops responding , I need to find what app is causing this. If I do a naked installation (no samsung extra apps from aroma) there is no problem so it is some app causing it.
    I hope to integrate it into the next rom update rev1.7.
    Universal flash-able

Here is a flash-able cwm zip, it should work on GT-N5110/5100/5120. So it is a universal installer
    I made it so that there shouldn't be any problems on other KK roms/devices
    This package is also included in the next release of my KK rom rev1.7.

Don't forget to thank jazzespresso as he did most of the work making this work.

@ jazzespresso you can take this link and add it in the OP.
    5100 & 5120 users , your problems are related to framework changes so wait for me to come out with a package for your devices.

No time now so you will have to wait a little longer.
    ########################################################

Edit: Here is the new download folder for all devices a separate download packages as framework changes are different.

Also updated the Sfinder icon in the aircommand pop-up.

@jazzespresso update your OP please with this link