Orbot problem... connects to Tor but no onions..

Search This thread

5lut

Feb 7, 2010
I start orbot to log onto tor network.. Logs me onto the Tor network, but it refuses to resolve any .onions. Same thing is happening on my nexus7... Im usin cw11 nightly... I know im on tor cause I check to see what my ip is...... but getting to the deep web I get an error:

WARN: Resolve requests to hidden services not allowed.
Failing

Every other site can work... Did I screw up a hosts file or something?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

andrepd

Dec 4, 2011
Just want to say I have the exact same problem. Not with Firefox, not with orbot, I can connect tor fine (check.torproject.org says I'm connected), but I can't open any .onion site. It says "name not resolved, or something...

Sent from my Galaxy W using Tapatalk

Guido1964

Aug 26, 2010
I know tis is a bit older post but the problem is still there. I have the same problem with my android 5.0.2 (Lolipop) phone and Orbot. If i check IP its a tor IP. I can reach all normal sites but no onion sites. I searched and searched and tested all kind of Firefox settings suggested but no go. What is going on? Because of this i can't trust Orbot not that i'm planning to do illegal stuff i just want to explorer stuff but if people really need a safe way to go online i wouldn't trust my live on Orbot.

shotguns10

Jul 16, 2014
I start orbot to log onto tor network.. Logs me onto the Tor network, but it refuses to resolve any .onions. Same thing is happening on my nexus7... Im usin cw11 nightly... I know im on tor cause I check to see what my ip is...... but getting to the deep web I get an error:

WARN: Resolve requests to hidden services not allowed.
Failing

Every other site can work... Did I screw up a hosts file or something?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Are you sure the onion sites are up, and you are typing the url correctly?