*OFFICIAL* SPH-D700-FC09-8Gb-REL.tar.md5

Search This thread

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Might want to update your instructions with info on checking repartition...

But thanks for the file.. will be getting an updated how to unroot video very soon. Might as well do an updated how to root video as well

I just got my Epic 4G back to play with again, after 11 months! is this the most current stock ROM for the device? would love to know how to root it!

samep

Dec 8, 2011
About the OP instructions, was the victory PIT omission intentional or not needed for this?

Whosdaman

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida

But thanks for the file.. will be getting an updated how to unroot video very soon. Might as well do an updated how to root video as well

Why is it necessary? Stock ROM repartition by default. Adding a PIT just is an extra command if you needed to do a different structure. Even if you have changed your partitions, this is revert it anyways.

Can anyone confirm this? Or is the inclusion of the victory pit necessary to prevent soft-bricking?

qbking77

Dec 2, 2010
Chicago
Why is it necessary? Stock ROM repartition by default. Adding a PIT just is an extra command if you needed to do a different structure. Even if you have changed your partitions, this is revert it anyways.

Can anyone confirm this? Or is the inclusion of the victory pit necessary to prevent soft-bricking?

Noobnl recommends that the PIT is used.

You need to check re partition if you are on MTD. If on BML you don't need to check re partition.

Whosdaman

May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
Noobnl recommends that the PIT is used.

You need to check re partition if you are on MTD. If on BML you don't need to check re partition.

Interesting, maybe I need to hit up my old friend. Meanwhile, checking repartition without selecting a PIT doesn't do anything different I don't think. If you run the .md5 through ODIN on your Epic one of the first things it does is pull the PIT and repartitions the device at the very beginning. Isn't that all that needed? I'm not argueing, I'm just trying to learn and verify what I know

qbking77

Dec 2, 2010
Chicago
Interesting, maybe I need to hit up my old friend. Meanwhile, checking repartition without selecting a PIT doesn't do anything different I don't think. If you run the .md5 through ODIN on your Epic one of the first things it does is pull the PIT and repartitions the device at the very beginning. Isn't that all that needed? I'm not argueing, I'm just trying to learn and verify what I know

From what I've been told you need the PIT file when checking re partition. I dont think its necessary if you dont check it

crazyc78

Oct 3, 2011
Stockton, CA
I can confirm that following all the steps that we have done before to go back to stock and then rooting all just worked for me. Like Qbking said if you are on MTD you have to make sure that repartition is checked. I just flashed SU and I am good to go. I like flashing new stuff and playing around with my phone so I thought I would give it a go. Thanks for this Whosdaman!!!

Whosdaman

May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
From what I've been told you need the PIT file when checking re partition. I dont think its necessary if you dont check it

Okay, I will add in the extra step

I can confirm that following all the steps that we have done before to go back to stock and then rooting all just worked for me. Like Qbking said if you are on MTD you have to make sure that repartition is checked. I just flashed SU and I am good to go. I like flashing new stuff and playing around with my phone so I thought I would give it a go. Thanks for this Whosdaman!!!

You're welcome

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
FC09 modem.bin

Here is the FC09 modem.bin for use in Heimdall: http://d-h.st/kAt

For some reason Odin won't flash my tar. It is hanging up. Trying something different. BRB with it I hope.

OK I got it...tar uploading now.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

OK here is the FC09 modem tar for Odin: http://d-h.st/Hnl

Tim, please throw this into the modems thread.

Last edited:

qbking77

Dec 2, 2010
Chicago

For some reason Odin won't flash my tar. It is hanging up. Trying something different. BRB with it I hope.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

You can just put the modem.bin into the phone slot of odin.. no need for a tar

B5Z

Jan 16, 2010
Thanks for this!!!

Sorry if this has already been mentioned in the thread, but if this helps anyone, these are the steps I took to ROOT after updating to FC09......

1.) ODIN - CWM5.0.2.7 tar (Place In PDA Slot)
a.) Auto-Reboot is UNCHECKED
b.) Remove the battery then re-insert the battery

2.) 3-finger to recovery + flash SU.zip (from sd card)

Then boot to system: you're now on rooted stock w/ CWM recovery........

Next:
1.) Flash your choice of custom ROM through CWM

mrleprechaunboy

Jan 16, 2012
Lynchburg
Can you make a back up while unrooted, flash this, then restore data?? It's been so long since I havn't been rooted so I have no clue lol. Wanted to know because my roommate with the same phone is interested, but he doesnt want to lose his data.

djjroc007

Apr 27, 2011
Detroit
Google Pixel 6
Can you make a back up while unrooted, flash this, then restore data?? It's been so long since I havn't been rooted so I have no clue lol. Wanted to know because my roommate with the same phone is interested, but he doesnt want to lose his data.

Just root what he has now and make a backup. Then flash and root this, and advance restore data.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Schnadam

Jan 22, 2011
how the speed on this modem anyway. Significantly better? I'm on EH17

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How To: Install FC09 for the Epic 4G
    Warning: This will wipe your data entirely. BriefMobile is not liable for your actions. This has been fully tested and is working.
    1. Download SPH-D700-FC09-8Gb-REL.tar.md5.zip
    2. Download, extract, and install the Epic 4G drivers
    3. Download and extract Odin3_v1.87.zip
    4. Download victory_8G_100528.pit
    5. Open “Odin3_v1.87.exe”
    6. Power off the Epic 4G
    7. Put the Epic 4G into “Download Mode” by holding the 1 key and the Power button
    8. Connect the Epic 4G to your computer. Ensure Odin recognizes it. You should see “0:[COM#]” fill in the first box.
    9. Click “PDA” and select “SPH-D700-FC09-8Gb-REL.tar.md5″
    10. Click "PIT" and select "victory_8G_100528.pit"
    11. Click “Start”
    12. After it is finished, the Epic 4G will reboot and it will be running FC09 Android 2.3.6. Congratulations!
    Thanks for this!!!

Sorry if this has already been mentioned in the thread, but if this helps anyone, these are the steps I took to ROOT after updating to FC09......

1.) ODIN - CWM5.0.2.7 tar (Place In PDA Slot)
    a.) Auto-Reboot is UNCHECKED
    b.) Remove the battery then re-insert the battery

2.) 3-finger to recovery + flash SU.zip (from sd card)

Then boot to system: you're now on rooted stock w/ CWM recovery........

Next:
    1.) Flash your choice of custom ROM through CWM

FC09 modem.bin

You can just put the modem.bin into the phone slot of odin.. no need for a tar