[Q] video calling using just 3g and no application

Search This thread

thakur90

Aug 12, 2010
Navi Mumbai
Is it possible for someone to develop a ROM that supports video calling on 3g without any application... Just using my service providers video calling service?
Or any modification to stock ROM?
thank you....

Sent from my Incredible S using Tapatalk

KAwAtA

Jan 15, 2010
Is it possible for someone to develop a ROM that supports video calling on 3g without any application... Just using my service providers video calling service?
Or any modification to stock ROM?
thank you....

That sounds impossible, correct me if I'm wrong but even the ability to call (dialer) IS an app

What you're asking sounds impossible

Shinugen

May 24, 2011
That's a little bit too literal..

I think OP meant no Third-Party Apps.
Just using the built-in dialer app.

I think it should be possible to re-create the dialer .apk, but I'm inclined to believe that it's pretty hard.

Good luck though!

ambuj

Oct 24, 2008
Chennai
In my old HTC diamond this feature was there but then there was no 3g. Now we have 3g but this feature has been withdrawn. I don't know what's the logic.
I agree this should be default in every phone.
Anyone has any update?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

KAwAtA

Jan 15, 2010
That's a little bit too literal..

I think OP meant no Third-Party Apps.
Just using the built-in dialer app.

Ahh I see, still.. that probably wouldn't be too easy to do. (Although I think they could probably manage it.. however coming from the nexus one/incredible s and now the atrix.. I've never seen someone do something big like this on xda yet!) so probably possible but is it likely? I don't think so!

thakur90

Aug 12, 2010
Navi Mumbai
Don't own one but I guess galaxy phones support this feature right? Even symbian... Just saying... I had a Samsung wave earlier and it had touchwiz... And supported direct video calling based on my 3G network....

DJjay18

Jun 19, 2011
London
It's bizarre how there's no 3G video call solution anymore on HTC phones. I used to call my girlfriend on her LG phone and mine was an old Nokia 6700 Slide (running different operating systems) and it worked fine, albeit pretty blocky picture quality.

andrewxu

Nov 4, 2010
Don't own one but I guess galaxy phones support this feature right? Even symbian... Just saying... I had a Samsung wave earlier and it had touchwiz... And supported direct video calling based on my 3G network....

I think Sammy phones can do a lot more just because of their proprietary file system.

It's like touchwiz on older phones is just bada OS with Android compatibility hacked in (galaxy s were supposed to be bada OS until Android caught on). At least that's the explanation I've heard. I believe it 100%, because when I had a vibrant all the roms HAD to be based off of touchwiz somehow or another, except for cm7, and cm7 just as bad as android ports to Windows phones, so it seemed like an 'Android port' to me

Sorry for rambling haha

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk