[CLOSED][APP] ScoreKeeper Plus - a free score keeping app. Could use some feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sjb933

Jul 17, 2012
HI all,

I'm somewhat new here -- been lurking a while, and have recently started posting. Anyways, I recently hit the marketplace with a free app I've developed, ScoreKeeper Plus: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bammsoft.scorekeeper

In a nutshell, it's a score keeping app, tailored towards board games and the likes, with many uses. Additionally, I've included a few useful utilities for such events -- a highly configurable dice roller and a game timer.

So far, I've received perfect reviews from my modest user-base (~20 users), but I'm looking to grow that and get some feedback to further development.

The app is free and has no ads, so please share with all who may find this useful!

All feedback is HIGHLY appreciated. :fingers-crossed:

- Shane

Attachments

• home_screen.jpg
    home_screen.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 330
  • solo_game.jpg
    solo_game.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 324
  • dice_roller.jpg
    dice_roller.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 304
  • timer.jpg
    timer.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 288
  • team_game.jpg
    team_game.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 288
  • save_game.jpg
    save_game.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 249
  • score_history.jpg
    score_history.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

kenyw

Apr 28, 2010
Why does the app need permission to read contact data on the phone?

The description says why internet access is needed, but the combination of that and reading contact data for an app that doesn't seem to obviously need the phonebook could look suspicious.

sjb933

Jul 17, 2012
Hi sorry, I missed this question. Thanks to the poster above, yes it's to pick player names from your contact list.

The network permission is to pull a message of the day when you first launch the app. The MOTD let's me communicate with my users. It pulls from here: http://android.bammsoft.com/ScoreKeeper/MOTD.txt :)

On a side note, I'm quite pleased because there's been an explosion of new users, a 700% increase in the past 2 days!

Cheers,
Shane

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

sjb933

Jul 17, 2012
Just pushed a significant update (1.2.0). I added many translations and completely overhauled the new game screen.

Check it out!

EDIT: It's still propagating through the play store

EDIT 2: Is available now.

Last edited:

HS1986

Jun 9, 2014
I want to reset my Note 3 to factory defaults. But I'm worried that my saved scores are gone after this. So my question is where are the scores saved and can I make a backup of it.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

HS1986

Last edited:

PhoneixS

May 27, 2015
@sjb933 do you have an alternative to your app or are you willing to put the app code in open source so it can be continued by others?

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HI all,

I'm somewhat new here -- been lurking a while, and have recently started posting. Anyways, I recently hit the marketplace with a free app I've developed, ScoreKeeper Plus: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bammsoft.scorekeeper

In a nutshell, it's a score keeping app, tailored towards board games and the likes, with many uses. Additionally, I've included a few useful utilities for such events -- a highly configurable dice roller and a game timer.

So far, I've received perfect reviews from my modest user-base (~20 users), but I'm looking to grow that and get some feedback to further development.

The app is free and has no ads, so please share with all who may find this useful!

All feedback is HIGHLY appreciated. :fingers-crossed:

- Shane
    Thread closed! Please advise the moderators team to reopen the thread when ready to provide a workable download link.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator