Polaroid ICS PMID701i 5 points capacitive 7" tablet $99 BigLots

Search This thread

FastKatt317

Jun 30, 2010
BandM-Services.com
Where did you get the files from?

My tablet seams to have a problem...
On reboot, it reverts to stock.
And I can't even install the Amazon App Store, it states it doesn't have enough memory???

mickrg123

Jul 21, 2011
Friend brought me his pmid tablet 701i How do I hard reset this thing, cant get past lock screen with password he doesn't know. Tried power and volume up but doesn't work.

elektrik2001

Jan 23, 2009
Moto G 5G
Friend brought me his pmid tablet 701i How do I hard reset this thing, cant get past lock screen with password he doesn't know. Tried power and volume up but doesn't work.

Only way is to reflash the original live suite image. You can either reflash stock (Here: http://southerntelecom.com/polaroidsupport/firmware/)
or a custom ROM (here:http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?3925-POLAROID-Elektricity-ROM-Modified-Stock-Live-Suite-Image-links-%28New-Location%29)

Just be careful to know exactly WHICH version of the PMID701i you have, although these tabs are pretty unbrickable, so if you flash the wrong one after finding you have a different version, you won't have to worry about throwing it in the trash-just install the correct image ;)

dledwith2

Feb 23, 2011
Tampa, FL
Download the file below
http://rapidshare.com/files/4069402236/marketpolaroid.zip

Unzip and copy it into your sd card
insert the sd card into the tablet
open file manager (already there on your tablet)
navigate to your sd card and tap to install
ES File Explorer 1.6.1.3.apk
OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk
GoogleServicesFramework.apk

To check root access
- Open es file explorer
- go to settings
- scroll down to Root settings
- make sure there are check sign under Root Explorer and Mount File System (Mine already selected since its fully rooted out of the box) If not, select or check it to have root access to system folder

Install Market

- With ES file explorer Navigate to your ext-sdcard (by tapping the star sign/Favorites) and copy Vending.apk to system/app by the following
- Long press Vending.apk and select copy (you will see drawer icon on the bottom)
- Select favorites (star symbol) and tap phone symbol or / (its the second icon from the left after Home icon)
- Tap system folder than tap app folder
- Once you on app folder, drag the drawer icon up and tap Vending.apk to paste it.
- Once its successfully done you need to change the Permissions to RW R R
by long press the Vending.apk-Properties - than change (under permissions)

If for some reason you cant install OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk by tapping it, do the same procedure as copying the Vending.apk

Now reboot and you should have Google Market.

Do you still have this file? Link is dead.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just returned my first 701i because the display was fuzzy at the comfortable viewing angle. The new one is definitely better. I went throught the same set-up as the first, without my previous fails at loading the Google Market. This time I tried installing the com.android.vending-3.5.15.apk without doing any roots. It installed fine, I went through the whole set-up process with Google and it was in my Apps. When I tried to use it I got a "Unfortunately....has stopped". I uninstalled it and installed vending-3.1.3-signed.apk that I found in a downlod of 4 files on another post. It worked on the other tablet and works on this one. I have downloaded a few apps successfully, even after receiving errors on re-boots. I get "com.android.smspush" and "cpm.google.process.gapps" has stopped on every re-boot. Do I need to worry about these messages, I seldom re-boot and hiting OK a couple of times is an agrevation I can live with as long as the Market works? Will I still get updates for the apps I have downloaded or do I need to install another apk or two?I have not rooted this thing yet nor do I have a clue how to do that.

It should be rooted out of the box.

Here's what I did step-by-step from the start, out of the box. I have Market and Google Apps working with no issues or error messages:

1. Download this on your computer: http://rapidshare.com/files/4069402236/marketpolaroid.zip
    2. Plug your tablet into your computer via USB, tap the 'USB connected' notification on the tablet, and press 'Turn on USB Storage'
    3. Drag all of the .apk files from 'marketpolaroid.zip' anywhere onto your tablet's SD card. For the sake of example, I extracted them into the 'Download' folder in my home directory on the tablet.
    4. Open 'File Manager' which comes preinstalled on the tablet and navigate to the 'Download' folder in your home directory.
    5. Tap 'ES File Explorer 1.6.1.3.apk', 'OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk', and 'GoogleServicesFramework.apk' to install them.
    6. Open ES File Explorer. Menu button > Settings. Scroll down to the 'Root Settings' section. Check to enable 'Root Explorer' and 'Mount File System'
    7. Within ES File Explorer, navigate back to your 'Download' folder.
    8. Long click on 'Vending.apk' and click 'Copy'
    9. Click on the 'Favorites' button at the top, and then click on '/'. Click on the 'system' folder. Click on the 'app' folder.
    10. Click the 'Paste' button at the top of the screen.
    11. Long click on 'Vending.apk' and scroll down to 'Properties'
    12. Click on 'Change'. Vending.apk's permissions should look like this:

8151954.png

13. Change the permissions of Vending.apk to this:

8151957.png

14. Reboot

You should now have the Android Market (will update to the Play Store automatically once you use it).

You can use the paste-into-system/app-and-change-permissions method outlined above to install Google Apps from your phone (assuming it is running Android 4.0) onto the tablet. For example, I copied 'YouTube.apk' and 'Talk.apk' from the phone's system/app folder to my computer, and then moved them from the computer to the tablet's SD card. I then pasted them into system/app on the tablet and fixed their permissions. Rebooted and voila: they work perfectly.

To get the People (contacts) app from your phone, just move Contacts.apk and ContactProvider.odex from your phone into the Tablet's system/app. DO NOT REPLACE THE 'ContactsProvider.apk' THAT COMES WITH THE TABLET WITH THE 'ContactsProvider.apk' FROM YOUR PHONE. This will cause your Google Apps to force close upon opening and just randomly every 45 seconds. At least that's what happened for me. Just using 2 of the 3 files has the People app on my tablet working as it should.

If you simply tapped on the vending-3.1.3-signed.apk that you mentioned to install it, I would recommend uninstalling it normally, rebooting, and then doing what I outlined in this post. If you put vending-3.1.3-signed.apk in the system/app folder, delete it, reboot, and then start from step 1.

Hope this helps.
    Just picked one up yesterday for $99.99
    Very impressive so far

Here are the specs

ICS 4.0.3 (Fully rooted out of the box)
    7" tablet
    512 DDR3 RAM (307mb user available)
    Arm Cortex 8 1Ghz
    Graphics Open GL ES2.0/3D game support
    Screen 800 by 480 16:9 format
    5 points capacitive
    Internal Memory 4GB (expandable through Micro SD)
    wifi 8011. b/g/n
    Mini USB (to charge and work as a host as well)
    Video output jack
    Speaker and microphone

there are no google play market
    however I dont have any difficulty installing it by copying google services framework.apk and vending.apk from CM7 website
    No force close or any problem so far.

Netflix works
    Skype also works (no video chat cause it doesnt have camera)
    All angry birds also works

Booting time under 25 seconds
    How did you get root? Grabbed es explorer and tried to get off of the sd card, and no go.
    Google play store keeps "force closing ".on me

Sent from my A1_07 using Tapatalk 2

Download the file below
    http://rapidshare.com/files/4069402236/marketpolaroid.zip

Unzip and copy it into your sd card
    insert the sd card into the tablet
    open file manager (already there on your tablet)
    navigate to your sd card and tap to install
    ES File Explorer 1.6.1.3.apk
    OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk
    GoogleServicesFramework.apk

To check root access
    - Open es file explorer
    - go to settings
    - scroll down to Root settings
    - make sure there are check sign under Root Explorer and Mount File System (Mine already selected since its fully rooted out of the box) If not, select or check it to have root access to system folder

Install Market

- With ES file explorer Navigate to your ext-sdcard (by tapping the star sign/Favorites) and copy Vending.apk to system/app by the following
    - Long press Vending.apk and select copy (you will see drawer icon on the bottom)
    - Select favorites (star symbol) and tap phone symbol or / (its the second icon from the left after Home icon)
    - Tap system folder than tap app folder
    - Once you on app folder, drag the drawer icon up and tap Vending.apk to paste it.
    - Once its successfully done you need to change the Permissions to RW R R
    by long press the Vending.apk-Properties - than change (under permissions)

If for some reason you cant install OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk by tapping it, do the same procedure as copying the Vending.apk

Now reboot and you should have Google Market.
    How did you get root? Grabbed es explorer and tried to get off of the sd card, and no go.
    Google play store keeps "force closing ".on me

Sent from my A1_07 using Tapatalk 2

device comes prerooted, you need to install a root capable file explorer first. here's how:

1. download and install the latest Android SDK
    2. Using ADB commands
    a. connect your 701i to your PC
    b. at a command prompt type "adb remount"
    c. type "adb push GoogleServicesFramework.apk /system/app/"
    d. type "adb push Vending.apk /system/app/"
    e. type "adb reboot"
    3. open "Google Play" from your apps drawer
    4. search for "esfile explorer"
    5. install "esfile explorer"

now you have google play and a root capable file explorer.
    google apps can be found searching google or xda (make sure it the ICS version)
    hoodred-

I believe I have read thought this thread pretty good, but I don't recall seeing if your "fix" adding the Play Store to the Polaroid made the store "show" more available apps? Is this a "standard" store or a modified store so we can get almost any app? Thanks for your work...as well as the others working on improving this tab. BTW, I am using a PMID701c with ICS installed.

It's only to install Google Play Store. To show more apps you need to change/tweak build prop. Just becarefull just because it shows more apps, it doesnt mean it will run on the tablet.