Flashing icon in notification bar

Search This thread

Powell730

Dec 6, 2010
I'm rooted stock with xposed but since I've had the phone very very quickly a dark icon will flash in the top left of the notification bar. So quickly I can't make out what it is.. Anyone else notice this? It's starting to annoy the piss out of me.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

beeper10

Aug 2, 2008
Not sure if it's the same but I have a white triangle with an exclamation point in it, every time it flashes (and it's super quick) the page I'm looking at reloads or loads a couple pages prior. It's driving me crazy!!! I'm only rooted with WeakSauce.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Powell730

Dec 6, 2010
I'll look into Google now but I've got notifications turned off for that.

Just today I noticed it seems to do it mostly when I'm sending a text message. It flashed so many times in a row I was almost able to make it out.

Kinny89

Feb 6, 2011
Miami
Here is the icon you're seeing, it's the same one that's in the settings next to data usage, but colored. I always see it when I'm sending or receiving a text and it's annoying as hell.

Attachments

• 1402187357202.jpg
    1402187357202.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 199

Powell730

Dec 6, 2010
Here is the icon you're seeing, it's the same one that's in the settings next to data usage, but colored. I always see it when I'm sending or receiving a text and it's annoying as hell.

That's it! Wtf is it for? Pisses me off every time lol

Powell730

Dec 6, 2010
No idea but I noticed it as well and it's annoying. I always know when I'm about to get a text though, because it flashes really quickly before something comes in.

Not sure if it's going to work yet or not but if you have xposed download notifyclean and you can block all notifications from "data usage". I'll post results later.

Reactions: J-Pod

lchupacabras

Aug 21, 2009
I noticed this anomaly as well; upon further research, it seems there's a notification that also flashes at the same time. I have not been able to make out its message.

Caught it. I don't like it, almost seems like your message is relayed through data...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-08-10-23-07.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-08-10-23-07.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:

Powell730

Dec 6, 2010
I'm pretty sure using the method I posted above works. I haven't noticed the icon one time today.

J-Pod

Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Not sure if it's the same but I have a white triangle with an exclamation point in it, every time it flashes (and it's super quick) the page I'm looking at reloads or loads a couple pages prior. It's driving me crazy!!! I'm only rooted with WeakSauce.

No idea but I noticed it as well and it's annoying. I always know when I'm about to get a text though, because it flashes really quickly before something comes in.

I'm getting the white triangle as well flashing right when I receive or send a text even on my M7 on Sense 6. I still can't figure it out!

Powell730

Dec 6, 2010
If it's the same thing we're experiencing then doing the method I posted on the first page works. I haven't seen the icon since I hide it.

Reactions: J-Pod

travisryans

Feb 6, 2009
I'm stock, non rooted etc and see the same. I have enabled Developer mode, I want to say that is the culprit but i'm not sure why. I also do not recall seeing it prior to the 4.4.2 update.

-T

J-Pod

Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
That Xposed module seems to have killed the triangle, thank you!!!!

But I'd still like to know why it's happening so I can kill it or figure out what's going wrong with the system instead of just Xposing it away.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

BygSii

Jan 27, 2013
I noticed this anomaly as well; upon further research, it seems there's a notification that also flashes at the same time. I have not been able to make out its message.

Caught it. I don't like it, almost seems like your message is relayed through data...

What is the font called that you are you using? I'd like to use it on my stock rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's it! Wtf is it for? Pisses me off every time lol

Not sure if it's going to work yet or not but if you have xposed download notifyclean and you can block all notifications from "data usage". I'll post results later.

If it's the same thing we're experiencing then doing the method I posted on the first page works. I haven't seen the icon since I hide it.