[Q] Screen protector least fingerprint magnet?

Search This thread

BTT8

Oct 16, 2012
The default screen protector that came with my spigen case is a fingerprint magnet. Do you guys have suggestions as to which ones are NOT for fingerprint magnets?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
The default screen protector that came with my spigen case is a fingerprint magnet. Do you guys have suggestions as to which ones are NOT for fingerprint magnets?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

All plastic ones will be showing fingerprints with light reflections. Some of the glass screen protectors have an oleophobic coating which can reduce fingerprints greatly for a period of time before the coating wears off, similar to the stock glass.

jmhalder

Mar 26, 2008
illinois
oleophobic coating which can reduce fingerprints greatly for a period of time before the coating wears off
Pro-tip, rain-x works wonders on making fingerprints less noticable. I used to do this on my Dell Streak, it makes the glass feel silkier, but wears off after a week or two... I don't see why you couldn't do this with a plastic screen protector, I'll give it a go next time I see a bottle of Rain-X.

Zortwil

Aug 28, 2013
I don't have one for the n5, but matte ones generally don't attract fingerprints as much.