[Q] Chinese WINCE 6 Radio - Can you add wifi or 3G/4G dongle?

Search This thread

toolboxjesse

May 28, 2014
I recently purchased & installed a double-din Chinese-made radio in my car. It is WINCE 6.0 based.
(As a new member I can't yet post links, but the unit can be found on ebay by searching for "8" Car SUV Stereo GPS NAV DVD Player Radio BT HONDA CR-V 2007-2011"
It wasn't my original intention for this unit, but since I learned that it is web-enabled I thought I might investigate what is required to make that work. The unit is supposed to be able to access the internet with a 3G SIM card, although for the life of me I don't see a SIM card slot anywhere on the unit- any ideas where this is?
Alternatively I wonder if there is a way to connect a 3G or 4G USB dongle to the unit, a wifi dongle, or perhaps use bluetooth DUN to connect to the internet through an app such as PDAnet.
I have been searching the web specifically for this info and the closest I have come is through this forum, but not specifically what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
Jesse in Atlanta

redjas

Mar 8, 2008
Bonjour si votre autoradio et équipée 3G WIFI vous devez avoir un câble usb pas celui ou on branche devant mais celui qui sort derrière il faut en plus un dongle usb pour mettre la puce 3g ou 4g ou une clé usb wifi

Reactions: mettercomputers

noobiedev

Mar 27, 2015
hi Jesse,

I got a wifi 3g win ce6 car radio head unit on ebay too. About $299

Well I tried to attach several win ce wifi usb dongles and the win ce radio would not detect them. I even used total commander through the navi set program to install cabs for several usb wifi dongles and 3g dongles but the unit will still not detect them when I plug them into the head unit.

I talked to the ebay seller about the problem and he just said I will give you $20 refund because He has no idea how to help me.

Yes I understand how frustrating this is. These chinese headunits are cheaper but they have no Customer support.

:crying:

fruitdruifje

Feb 18, 2009
hi Jesse,

I got a wifi 3g win ce6 car radio head unit on ebay too. About $299

Well I tried to attach several win ce wifi usb dongles and the win ce radio would not detect them. I even used total commander through the navi set program to install cabs for several usb wifi dongles and 3g dongles but the unit will still not detect them when I plug them into the head unit.

I talked to the ebay seller about the problem and he just said I will give you $20 refund because He has no idea how to help me.

Yes I understand how frustrating this is. These chinese headunits are cheaper but they have no Customer support.

:crying:

Hello i have a similar problem, the Win CE does recognize it and i get a piny popup on something that looks like a desktop "Enter name for this device" and than its gone (behind) the normal radio screen.

I did try some settings in the menu but no connection at all.

need to "hack to the desktop" i guess :)

Yo-C

Jul 1, 2015
Waze & Interent connection for Win CE 6.0 aftermarket car unit

Hi,

I have a Windows CE 6.0 aftermarket car unit.
As one mentioned here before, it's capabilities are more than what I expected.
However, this is still one issue I need to resolve:
How to connect my Unit to the Internet?
For example, I was able to install the Waze application on it (someone posted the Portuguese version), but it is useless without an internet connection.

My preferred option will be to connect the unit to my iPhone hotspot:
1. Bluetooth - Although the unit have a Bluetooth support and it is paired to my iPhone, I'm not sure if it can use for using the BT for connecting to the hotspot
2. USB - hot spot can be used with USB cable connection - can I use it to get an internet connection? what do I need to install?
3. WiFi/3G dongle - I guess this is also a possibility.

I know that any solution will require some work to be done on the unit (drivers, etc..).

Any Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Yo-C

StangATX

Aug 31, 2016
Sorry to bump an old thread. Just a quick heads up. I'm running a Chinese unit on my 2016 Mustang and It runs WinCE 6.0 I worked with a manufacturer to build a dongle and also that works with the chip I told them to use and I built my own driver. It is definitely possible to have WiFi on WinCE whatever unit you're running! You want more info about it just check out the website I dedicated to my unit http://stangatx.tk/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bonjour si votre autoradio et équipée 3G WIFI vous devez avoir un câble usb pas celui ou on branche devant mais celui qui sort derrière il faut en plus un dongle usb pour mettre la puce 3g ou 4g ou une clé usb wifi