Xperia T KitKat: it will come?

Search This thread

Truck'n Hemi

Oct 28, 2013
Hey guys, I dis a little research in the web but found nothing concrete about the KitKat update for the Xperia T. I would like to know what has been decided for this good device.

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
No news yet...

...and official firmware support has ended on April (18 months from the release of the device).

From my point of view, we can only hope in a last version for JB 4.3 :rolleyes:

tozex

Sep 20, 2013
have to settle for 4.3, sony puts kitkat under investigation, but I do not give us that update, no longer interested in us...

moliverac8

Jul 28, 2012
Madrid
I don't know why you talk like that to Sony, the Xperia T has the same updates the Galaxy Nexus,that it's the market not only Sony.

Enviado desde mi Xperia T mediante Tapatalk

valeri.nikolov

Jan 13, 2010
I don't know why you talk like that to Sony, the Xperia T has the same updates the Galaxy Nexus,that it's the market not only Sony.

Enviado desde mi Xperia T mediante Tapatalk

Becuase I am a little frustrated. Maybe its because I expected more and you are correct I was a bit sarcastic for which I apologize.

Still I have Sony camera and I appreciate all they do and its good that they are strong now, they diversify the market.

Lets hope that they will keep with our highest expectations and provide at least one more build - stable 4.3 or 4.4.

bigyinn

Feb 15, 2011
I'd be surprised if there are any further updates to 4.3. I doubt 4.4 will make it to the T in official form.
As for buggy? I haven't had a single problem with mine since upgrading to 4.3

All this bull**** about I want 4.4 NOW nad Sony suck because they're not supporting the phone for ever, just shows some people to be acting like spoilt children.

Reactions: Antiga Prime

Skyguar

Jan 23, 2010
I'd be surprised if there are any further updates to 4.3. I doubt 4.4 will make it to the T in official form.

All this bull**** about I want 4.4 NOW nad Sony suck because they're not supporting the phone for ever, just shows some people to be acting like spoilt children.

Bugs? I tell you one: I can't use my Bluetooth and Wifi at the same moment, I have to switch between, that is very inconvenient... Childish? ;) I need my phone for everyday life ;)

Last edited:

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
Bugs? I tell you one: I can't use my Bluetooth and Wifi at the same moment, I have to switch between, that is very inconvenient...

What I think he meant is that it's not a bug if it only happens to you. That fact that your phone isn't working for you isn't necessarily the case for everyone. The only problem I've had with my phone is all the bloatware it comes with, and the white settings; both of which can be fixed easily.

Skyguar

Jan 23, 2010
What I think he meant is that it's not a bug if it only happens to you. That fact that your phone isn't working for you isn't necessarily the case for everyone.

According to your logic and, for example, if you just using the phone for calling and messaging, the firmware for you is good :). But I believe the phone should be fully functioning because everybody has different needs ;)

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
According to your logic and, for example, if you just using the phone for calling and messaging, the firmware for you is good :). But I believe the phone should be fully functioning because everybody has different needs ;)

And that was exactly my point. If the phone is fully functional for others and not for you, doesn't make it a bug, it just means that whatever you are using under your specific circumstances is not working for you. It's not about people's needs, it's about the phone working as the developers expected it to.

For instance, I've heard people complain about the microphone picking up the sound of the camera focusing while recording. If that is how the developers intended it to work, then it's not a bug, regardless of whether it interferes with the black and white silent movies they are trying to produce.

Skyguar

Jan 23, 2010
And that was exactly my point. If the phone is fully functional for others and not for you, doesn't make it a bug, it just means that whatever you are using under your specific circumstances is not working for you. It's not about people's needs, it's about the phone working as the developers expected it to.

For instance, I've heard people complain about the microphone picking up the sound of the camera focusing while recording. If that is how the developers intended it to work, then it's not a bug, regardless of whether it interferes with the black and white silent movies they are trying to produce.

With that logic we can come to the conclusion if something is not working, it is just "specific circumstances" :).Bytheway, this bug somewhere I read was fixed for other phones ;). And also I am not alone complaining about the bugs, ok, according to you "specific circumstances". But I will not get into the further discussions ;)

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
With that logic we can come to the conclusion if something is not working, it is just "specific circumstances" :)

No, because if nobody can make a phone call, then it's not "specific circumstances"; if you're the only one that can't make a call, there must be some circumstance preventing you from doing so. You really don't know much about logic.

WhiteNeo

Feb 13, 2013
I doubt that they are actually still investigating if our devices are compatible with KitKat. More likely, they are already working on the new firmware and dont want anyone to know because then they would get thousands of messages about ETA and that stuff.

Sony cant just leave us alone with a more or less working 4.3 as the last update.

harrymason37

Jan 17, 2014
Tago
In Japan they have this law that they can only keep a appliance, gadgets or cars for a certain period of time and if they want it to keep it for a longer time they have to pay a higher tax. Maybe Sony apply that principle of this law to our devices :(

"gadgets need love too"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    have to settle for 4.3, sony puts kitkat under investigation, but I do not give us that update, no longer interested in us...

.... and we are no longer interested in Sony :)

Seriously with that cycle, release with old version then delay, then finally a release ... a buggy release... Thanks :)