Relocked bootloader, no recovery, no rom, cannot charge!

Search This thread

jamenjoel

Jul 8, 2009
Hello, i think ive f*cked up...

As the title say, i have a relocked bootloader, with no rom, and no charge. I want to restore a RUU, but i cannot because i have less than 30% battery. I Have no idea how to charge my phone since i dont even have a bootscreen where the phone charges, and it seems as the phone do not charge in the fastboot menu or the bootloader menu. The phones LED charge indicator can glow red, but never seem to actually charge, as i left it that way over night and still had under 30% battery.

Anyone have a clue how to fix it?

I now have been without my phone for two days, and i cannot borrow another one.

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
Can you enter fastboot?

If so, find the fastboot charging script, & place it in adb folder on your pc. (same folder that fastboot is)

Once in fastboot on your phone with the USB cable connected (fastboot usb) - double click the script on your pc, and allow your phone to charge.

(if you don't use adb, go install Android SDK and get it)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

jamenjoel

Jul 8, 2009
Can you enter fastboot?

If so, find the fastboot charging script, it place it in adb folder on your pc.

Once in fastboot with the USB cable connected (fastboot usb) - double click the script on your pc, and allow your phone to charge.

(if you don't use adb, go install Android SDK and get it)

Yes i can.

Im currently downloading the Android SDK tool. I am a complete beginner with commands and stuff, but after i have installed the program, im supposed to google and find a fastboot charging script, place it in the "adb" folder that comes with the SDK program and just double click the script while im in fastboot USB? Just to be clear?

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
Yes i can.

Im currently downloading the Android SDK tool. I am a complete beginner with commands and stuff, but after i have installed the program, im supposed to google and find a fastboot charging script, place it in the "adb" folder that comes with the SDK program and just double click the script while im in fastboot USB? Just to be clear?

Yes,

Install the SDK, install all the packages on SDK (you will know what I mean when you install it)

1.enter fastboot
2. Plug in usb cable to pc
3. Double click script on Pc

(the script has to be placed in the folder that fastboot is - ue.. C:/Android-SDK/platform-tools)

jamenjoel

Jul 8, 2009
Yes,

Install the SDK, install all the packages on SDK (you will know what I mean when you install it)

1.enter fastboot
2. Plug in usb cable to pc
3. Double click script on Pc

(the script has to be placed in the folder that fastboot is - ue.. C:/Android-SDK/platform-tools)

How do the script work? Is it the script where the phone is constantly being restarted? or is it a firm stable constant charge? I dont seem to find the script either. Is it called "trickle charge script" or just "Fastboot charging script"?

jamenjoel

Jul 8, 2009
Give me a few minutes & ill go on my pc & share it for ya.

No need, i think ive found it.

" @echo off
:start
fastboot getvar battery-voltage

fastboot reboot-bootloader

ping /n 6 localhost >nul

goto start
"

Is it that one? I just started it through fastboot on my computer in the command prompt. It constantly restarts, and it seems as it is slowly charging. Im currently at 3632 mV in charge, according to the script. About how much % in battery is it? is it 363 mAh? In that case, if my calculations are right, im at 20% battery charge atm.

Last edited:

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton

" @echo off

ping /n 6 localhost >nul

goto start
"

Is it that one? I just started it through fastboot on my computer in the command prompt. It constantly restarts, and it seems as it is slowly charging. Im currently at 3632 mU in charge, according to the script. About how much % in battery is it? is it 363 mAh? In that case, if my calculations are right, im at 20% battery charge atm.
ive already attached the bat file for you.

here is where you put it:

Untitled.jpg

----

edit: Yes, it should just keep rebooting to fastboot every 6 seconds or so.

its a trickle charge, its best to just leave it to do its thing.

as for working out the voltage to see what percent its on, ive no clue.

but it saved my ass when i couldnt charge or boot my phone.

I would recommend re-unlocking your bootloader, and flash a custom ROM such as ARHD 9.1

at least till you get a fully booted phone, with a fully charged device.

when it allows you to:

unlock bootloader (you can use the same Unlock_code.bin as you used to originally unlock your bootloader, if you dont have it > re-do the process at HTCDEV.com)
flash CWM touch recovery > https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lq3zql0ru34wne/CWM.img
goto ARHD thread
download 3 zip files on your PC > Superwipe > The ROM > fastboot 9.0
enter CWM recovery
mount USB storage within CWM recovery whilst phone is plugged into PC
transfer 2 of the ZIP files onto phone (Superwipe & ROM)
de-mount the USB storage
install zip from sdcard > 1st Superwipe > 2nd The ROM
enter fastboot (fastboot usb as cable is still plugged in)
unzip fastboot 9.0 on your PC
whilst in fastboot USB on your phone, double click the windows fastboot 9.0 file on your PC (assuming your a windows user :) )

this is the ultimate basic step-by-step :)

notes:

whilst in fastboot USB on your phone,

you can open command prompt on your PC:

first you need to type: cd c:/Android-SDK/platform-tools

from here you can:

----------------------------------------------------
flash ClockworkMod recovery:

fastboot flash recovery CWM.img

reboot to recovery:

adb reboot recovery

reboot to fastboot:

adb reboot bootloader

These basic commands should get you started. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jamenjoel

jamenjoel

Jul 8, 2009

View attachment 1268065

----

Thank you. So what should i do after i reach like 10% on my phone? Should i unlock the bootloader again or do you recommend leaving the charge to over 30% and then flashing RUU.exe? If i unlock the bootloader, can it charge in the recovery? I dont know which recovery i have, because i have formated and cleared every cache in the bootloader that is possible. If that doesnt change back the recovery to stock, and i still have the newest CWM Recovery installed, will it charge in the recovery?

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
Thank you. So what should i do after i reach like 10% on my phone? Should i unlock the bootloader again or do you recommend leaving the charge to over 30% and then flashing RUU.exe? If i unlock the bootloader, can it charge in the recovery? I dont know which recovery i have, because i have formated and cleared every cache in the bootloader that is possible. If that doesnt change back the recovery to stock, and i still have the newest CWM Recovery installed, will it charge in the recovery?

if you unlock the bootloader, you can flash a new recovery - so you will know what recovery you will have (see post above) :)

you could wait to see if it charges above 30% to perform a RUU update, thats upto you :)

but ive posted what i would do above, i just love ARHD too much. :laugh:

Last edited:

jamenjoel

Jul 8, 2009
if you unlock the bootloader, you can flash a new recovery - so you will know what recovery you will have (see post above) :)

you could wait to see if it charges above 30% to perform a RUU update, thats upto you :)

Thank you so much for your help. I unlocked the bootloader. I currently have the touch recovery. Im just gonna do a superwipe and then install revolution. Should do the trick.

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
Thank you so much for your help. I unlocked the bootloader. I currently have the touch recovery. Im just gonna do a superwipe and then install revolution. Should do the trick.

Woo hoo, stick to my step by step & you'll be fine.

If all goes to plan, you will have it fixed and running better on ARHD :)

Plus you have learnt some adb which can make life sooo simple.

jamenjoel

Jul 8, 2009
Woo hoo, stick to my step by step & you'll be fine.

If all goes to plan, you will have it fixed and running better on ARHD :)

Plus you have learnt some adb which can make life sooo simple.

I have a problem. I did not really stick to your guide, but i unlocked the bootloader again, did the superwipe, and then installed revolution. I cant get past the htc boot logo. I have already cleared the cache through fastboot and fixed permission in the CWM recovery. But still nothing. What might be wrong? I read something about flashing the boot.img, but i dont seem to be able to do that in recovery install from zip. Any idea?

****EDIT****

I fixed it! hooray! Thank you so much sir!

Last edited:

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
I have a problem. I did not really stick to your guide, but i unlocked the bootloader again, did the superwipe, and then installed revolution. I cant get past the htc boot logo. I have already cleared the cache through fastboot and fixed permission in the CWM recovery. But still nothing. What might be wrong? I read something about flashing the boot.img, but i dont seem to be able to do that in recovery install from zip. Any idea?

****EDIT****

You should stick to my step by step,

Edit. Im guessing you forgot to flash the boot.img from within windows for ARHD whilst in fastboot USB.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

****EDIT****

Also, a new version of ARHD is due sometime today (9.2) - be sure to update :)

for this version, you won't need the superwipe or the boot.img - just the ROM zip, place on phone & install from recovery when it becomes available.

Remember to install without wipe on the installation if you wish to keep your apps, and tick all tweaks within the installation too.

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
Also, a new version of ARHD is due sometime today (9.2) - be sure to update :)

for this version, you won't need the superwipe or the boot.img

...but only when coming from another 9.x version.

If coming from any other ROM, or older version of ARHD, you will need to flash the boot.img.

SainiAman22

Feb 9, 2019
used the script and charged 3600 mv but shows batteryb level is too low to flash

help me to forcely flash cwm that can enabl me to charge my phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Give me a few minutes & ill go on my pc & share it for ya.

here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/91mkrd3fu8zbu56/Fastboot-battery-recharge.bat

" @echo off

ping /n 6 localhost >nul

goto start
    "

Is it that one? I just started it through fastboot on my computer in the command prompt. It constantly restarts, and it seems as it is slowly charging. Im currently at 3632 mU in charge, according to the script. About how much % in battery is it? is it 363 mAh? In that case, if my calculations are right, im at 20% battery charge atm.

Untitled.jpg

----

I would recommend re-unlocking your bootloader, and flash a custom ROM such as ARHD 9.1

at least till you get a fully booted phone, with a fully charged device.

when it allows you to:

unlock bootloader (you can use the same Unlock_code.bin as you used to originally unlock your bootloader, if you dont have it > re-do the process at HTCDEV.com)
    flash CWM touch recovery > https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lq3zql0ru34wne/CWM.img
    goto ARHD thread
    download 3 zip files on your PC > Superwipe > The ROM > fastboot 9.0
    enter CWM recovery
    mount USB storage within CWM recovery whilst phone is plugged into PC
    transfer 2 of the ZIP files onto phone (Superwipe & ROM)
    de-mount the USB storage
    install zip from sdcard > 1st Superwipe > 2nd The ROM
    enter fastboot (fastboot usb as cable is still plugged in)
    unzip fastboot 9.0 on your PC
    whilst in fastboot USB on your phone, double click the windows fastboot 9.0 file on your PC (assuming your a windows user :) )

this is the ultimate basic step-by-step :)

notes:

whilst in fastboot USB on your phone,

you can open command prompt on your PC:

first you need to type: cd c:/Android-SDK/platform-tools

from here you can:

flash ClockworkMod recovery:

fastboot flash recovery CWM.img

reboot to recovery:

adb reboot recovery

reboot to fastboot:

adb reboot bootloader

These basic commands should get you started. :)