[KK][JB][ICS]Google Keyboard 4.0 [Working]

Search This thread

ChinmayKunkikar

Nov 15, 2012
Pune
Hello world,

As many of us have already seen this on Android Police, here's the new Google Keyboard version 4.0 from the Android 5.0 Lollipop Preview which was released yesterday!

As per the source, it doesn't work just by side-loading the app, a library(from /system/lib/) called libjni_latinimegoogle.so from the Android 5.0 Lollipop Preview is also needed to run this.

Note - There are some issues regarding side-loading the app ('App not installed').

This is somewhat different than the previous port as this is v4.0.21003.1519572

Changes from the previous version-
  • Added 'Material Light' theme (keeping Material Dark, Holo White and Holo Blue for option).
  • Overhauled the 'Settings' screen.
  • More keyboard layouts added including QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, Dvorak, Colemak, and PC.
  • Support for new languages.
  • New animations.

Screenshots -

Material_White_Normal.png

Material_White_Symbols.png

Material_Dark.png

Material_Dark_Symbols.png

Themes.png
Settings.png

Input_Styles.png

About.png

I've just made it flashable zip that will install it as a system app so that it cuts out the time required for manual installation after ROM flashing and also reduces the issues regarding side-loading.

Download Links -

Mega Link -
https://mega.co.nz/#!QJFGATpB!iGzR8_d4-Wj_wZ2Z9odtsq-N-Lvkwe7-D4KrUyxoPu0

Mediafire Link -
http://www.mediafire.com/download/j3wjdysytoxfxfo/GoogleKeyboard4.0.zip

Note - Someone please confirm for ICS4.0

Click on the :good: Thanks Button if you found it useful! :)

Credits-
Android Police

Special thanks to @is0l4ted .

Last edited:

mikdiamon

Apr 10, 2011
Phoenix
Thanks. Works great but crashes on my m8 when I try to go landscape. Anyone else getting this?

Stock rooted 4.4.4 GPE

Attachments

• 1413705707612.jpg
    1413705707612.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Reactions: ChinmayKunkikar

ehmjay

Mar 13, 2011
Milan
works on lg g3 too but i also have problems on landscape mode.. it crashes on some apps like tapatalk, facebook and google+.. but landscape works fine on stock messaging and viber..

mikdiamon

Apr 10, 2011
Phoenix
Yes same thing works for keep and stock messaging app but crashes hangouts and XDA app. Not a deal breaker for me living here on the edge waiting for apps to catch up with updates is rather common.

PiggyFlooper

Oct 12, 2013
On 4.03ics it's working in portrait, not at all in landscape. I like that it has more characters than my stock keyboard, such as the pipe. Darker theme is nice.

Sent from above using xparent tapatalk blue

ChinmayKunkikar

Nov 15, 2012
Pune
works on lg g3 too but i also have problems on landscape mode.. it crashes on some apps like tapatalk, facebook and google+.. but landscape works fine on stock messaging and viber..

Yes same thing works for keep and stock messaging app but crashes hangouts and XDA app. Not a deal breaker for me living here on the edge waiting for apps to catch up with updates is rather common.

On 4.03ics it's working in portrait, not at all in landscape. I like that it has more characters than my stock keyboard, such as the pipe. Darker theme is nice.

Sent from above using xparent tapatalk blue

Yes I confirmed it.

It works on stock messaging app, keep.
Crashes on Hangouts, XDA App, Tapatalk, Facebook and Google Plus on landscape mode.

As this version is directly from the source (Android Police), I cannot be sure to fix it.

Can someone please give me their logcat? (I don't have a computer to work on right now)

Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: EnvyBot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello world,

As many of us have already seen this on Android Police, here's the new Google Keyboard version 4.0 from the Android 5.0 Lollipop Preview which was released yesterday!

As per the source, it doesn't work just by side-loading the app, a library(from /system/lib/) called libjni_latinimegoogle.so from the Android 5.0 Lollipop Preview is also needed to run this.

Note - There are some issues regarding side-loading the app ('App not installed').

This is somewhat different than the previous port as this is v4.0.21003.1519572

Changes from the previous version-
    • Added 'Material Light' theme (keeping Material Dark, Holo White and Holo Blue for option).
    • Overhauled the 'Settings' screen.
    • More keyboard layouts added including QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, Dvorak, Colemak, and PC.
    • Support for new languages.
    • New animations.

Screenshots -

Material_White_Normal.png

Material_White_Symbols.png

Material_Dark.png

Material_Dark_Symbols.png

Themes.png
    Settings.png

Input_Styles.png

About.png

I've just made it flashable zip that will install it as a system app so that it cuts out the time required for manual installation after ROM flashing and also reduces the issues regarding side-loading.

Download Links -

Mega Link -
    https://mega.co.nz/#!QJFGATpB!iGzR8_d4-Wj_wZ2Z9odtsq-N-Lvkwe7-D4KrUyxoPu0

Mediafire Link -
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/j3wjdysytoxfxfo/GoogleKeyboard4.0.zip

Note - Someone please confirm for ICS4.0

Click on the :good: Thanks Button if you found it useful! :)

Credits-
    Android Police

Special thanks to @is0l4ted .

Awesome! Working perfectly on my Desire U.

The Dark theme is more dark now. Loved it. :)

Edit - Working on my Grand Quattro too! :)
    Awesome! Working perfectly on my Desire U.

The Dark theme is more dark now. Loved it. :)

Yes I noticed that too! :)

Happy flashing:)

Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA Premium 4 mobile app