[ROM][4.4.2] SlimKat - I9000 [STABLE!]

Search This thread

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
Please fix the call delay issue. My phone is useless, I dont need look up thing

I'm arfraid it won't be possible. The i9000 is a bit too slow for the heavy ROMs what all the KK are, with all their features. All KK roms cause call delay, unfortunatelly.

If that is so important, you can use SlimBean or ICS Mackay 2014, two of the very fastest ROMs made for our device.

tetakpatalked from my P5110

Cu8eR

Jan 8, 2012
Olomouc
I think it was working fine... at least in first betas of slimkat.

I think it is broken because of unkillable dialerUI - it was introduced in beta 2.4.

saszseb

Jan 30, 2011
Hungary, Gy-M-S.
I'm arfraid it won't be possible. The i9000 is a bit too slow for the heavy ROMs what all the KK are, with all their features. All KK roms cause call delay, unfortunatelly.

If that is so important, you can use SlimBean or ICS Mackay 2014, two of the very fastest ROMs made for our device.

tetakpatalked from my P5110

I don't have any delay using a KK - ROM.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én SM-N9005-el

rmsinaga

Mar 13, 2011
Somehow now the phone has become sluggish after version 4. I always clean installed every upgrade to the latest version. Perhaps this is the limit of this (used to be) powerful phone.
Nevertheless, thanks SlimTeam for always trying out something new for this old i9000.

nereis

Jul 16, 2012
Google Nexus 4
Google Pixel
Somehow now the phone has become sluggish after version 4. I always clean installed every upgrade to the latest version. Perhaps this is the limit of this (used to be) powerful phone.
Nevertheless, thanks SlimTeam for always trying out something new for this old i9000.

I tend to manually trigger a fstrim with lagfix and do a vacuum database after rom install, tends to speed things up a bit.

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
From SlimKat to CM9 to SlimBean4.3

Hi... For those who care, I wanted to share my journey to find the perfect ROM for my daily use. I was on SlimKat till recently and then on hearing rave reviews of kasper_h's CM9, tried that for a couple of days. Now I am on SlimBean 4.3 latest stable build.

SlimKat was quite smooth and managed RAM the best in my opinion. It was the best in all aspects, except the delay in incoming call showing up on the screen. This was the only reason and for me a major reason to move away from it.

CM9 by kasper_h was good, but I missed some features of KK that I had grow accustomed to and also it didn't support very many apps due to its smaller partitioning. The hack of using Datafix by Zatta somehow didn't work for me.

SlimBean 4.3 which I am on now, is a decent ROM with everything working, but its RAM management isn't as good as that of SlimKat. As a result, games, particularly Vector, runs slower on SlimBean than it did on SlimKat. But for me, since it shows up incoming calls instantly, it is a good 'phone ROM'.

The best ROM would be a KK ROM which can show up the incoming call instantly. So far no KK ROM has managed that. Can any of our esteemed devs port incoming call stuff from 4.3 or even 4.2.2 to 4.4? Just saying...! :good:

juliatan

Nov 6, 2012
Hi... For those who care, I wanted to share my journey to find the perfect ROM for my daily use. I was on SlimKat till recently and then on hearing rave reviews of kasper_h's CM9, tried that for a couple of days. Now I am on SlimBean 4.3 latest stable build.

SlimKat was quite smooth and managed RAM the best in my opinion. It was the best in all aspects, except the delay in incoming call showing up on the screen. This was the only reason and for me a major reason to move away from it.

CM9 by kasper_h was good, but I missed some features of KK that I had grow accustomed to and also it didn't support very many apps due to its smaller partitioning. The hack of using Datafix by Zatta somehow didn't work for me.

SlimBean 4.3 which I am on now, is a decent ROM with everything working, but its RAM management isn't as good as that of SlimKat. As a result, games, particularly Vector, runs slower on SlimBean than it did on SlimKat. But for me, since it shows up incoming calls instantly, it is a good 'phone ROM'.

The best ROM would be a KK ROM which can show up the incoming call instantly. So far no KK ROM has managed that. Can any of our esteemed devs port incoming call stuff from 4.3 or even 4.2.2 to 4.4? Just saying...! :good:

My journey got my back to Slim Bean 4.3.1 too. About as fast and almost same batter life as CM9 2014. CM9 missing too much Android features and too buggy (several reboots, many apps once started working slower, terrible Ram-management) .CM11 and SlimKat worked good, but almost half the battery life of Slim Bean latest stable.

In case of Ram problems use LMK to whitelist apps to prevent being kicked out of Ram. Works great but only on stock Slim/ Semaphore kernel. Use it for V4A and main weather widet. Don't know about games. Have better tablet for such kind of apps.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 (2013) met Tapatalk

Reactions: Und3rtaker

gmpgoud

Apr 11, 2012
Issue in connecting to Bluetooth Audio system in Car

I am on build 4 Stable. Along with the Call delay problem, facing another issue with bluetootk
I am unable to connect to my Sony player in Car, with build 3 Stable, it was working fine.
When Bluetooth is turned On, it is able to search all the other devices (phones) but Audio system in Car is not being listed in the results.

Did anyone else faced this issue. Any solutions??

kaott

Jul 1, 2010
Somehow now the phone has become sluggish after version 4. I always clean installed every upgrade to the latest version.

i noticed same thing on my i9000.
-ui constantly lags
-apps take 2s (ok) to 10s (very much meh) to load. and make ui suffer even more. i had no funky services in background.
-multitask menu bacground is sometimes missing.
-even the touch seems to lag, it sometimes feels like its one touch late. i never had this before.
-daily use of this v4 is like phone always telling you "heh f$$$ you, im busy doin' stuff in the background right now, come back later, dare to touch me again i will freeze for the next 5 seconds".
this is why i restored to v3. just my feedback. no offense or flame intended.

on the good side :browser seems a lot faster to display full web page than v3 and also blacklist calls works now and the phoning apk is much better than v3

i restored to v3 with everything about telephony and browser from v4. so far its gone smooth again

Last edited:

joedom1

Dec 30, 2013
Madrid
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
I had similar lags, flashing Mackay kernel helps but I am back on CyanAosp, and it feels better (even if it is not as beautiful as this one). Using stock everything and call delay is down to about 1 or 2 seconds but not a lot of people call me:(
This Slim kat is a great effort though, congratulations.

Und3rtaker

Oct 22, 2010
Ljubljana

sorry for offtopic, but what kernels is best to use, is most uptodate for 4.3.1 slimbeam?

Last edited:

Farzad_jodary

Apr 22, 2011
Bug report and suggestion

Hi, thanks for great Rom

I have 2 problem with ver 4.4.2 build 4

First and important one is app switcher :
It is too slow and i cant close all app at the same time. when push most recent app to side, the second app is slow to drop down! plz add a shortcut to close and clear all app form app switcher and make it lighter!
Android 4.2.2 recent apps part is so better

Second :I cant delete massages in sim card

sorry for my bad English :)

Silentbob999

Apr 6, 2012
Montréal
Hi, thanks for great Rom

I have 2 problem with ver 4.4.2 build 4

First and important one is app switcher :
It is too slow and i cant close all app at the same time. when push most recent app to side, the second app is slow to drop down! plz add a shortcut to close and clear all app form app switcher and make it lighter!
Android 4.2.2 recent apps part is so better

Second :I cant delete massages in sim card

sorry for my bad English :)

I will answer for part 1 only .

1a.To clear all; use 2 fingers and pinch

1b.For slow animation ; dont kill app, if you kill an app that have a service the service will restart and it is the worst thing to do.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Sunsamg

vladoots

Nov 21, 2010
Bucharest
Sorry for the long absence.

Two things:

1. THANK YOU, team, for another awesome release.

2. Regarding the dreaded Caller UI lag, for the life of me, I won't take that ”low end device” tripe again; it's simply not true. It's just bad coding on Google's part. Yes, SGS 1 has less RAM, but the exact same delay is present on all the newer/newest devices. I saw it on SGS 2, 3, 4 and Note 3.

Well, three.
What can we do to minimize the caller UI lag?
First off, keep your number of running apps at a minimum. Facebook is a major culprit, and so are most of the messaging clients (WhatsApp, Chat, SlimIRC & so on).
Avoid using Hangouts as an SMS app. It's a hog.
Disable/uninstall YouTube, Google Play (remanence), Google Plus, Google Now, Dash Clock and any other crap that wants to ”keep awake” your phone. Oh, also get rid of Greenify and manage your apps via permissions: it's much more effective.
In doing so, I now get my Caller UI faster than my son's SGS 4....

Cheers all! :)

Last edited:

gverma1

Feb 7, 2012
New Delhi
Sorry for the long absence.

Two things:

1. THANK YOU, team, for another awesome release.

2. Regarding the dreaded Caller UI lag, for the life of me, I won't take that ”low end device” tripe again; it's simply not true. It's just bad coding on Google's part. Yes, SGS 1 has less RAM, but the exact same delay is present on all the newer/newest devices. I saw it on SGS 2, 3, 4 and Note 3.

Well, three.
What can we do to minimize the caller UI lag?
First off, keep your number of running apps at a minimum. Facebook is a major culprit, and so are most of the messaging clients (WhatsApp, Chat, SlimIRC & so on).
Avoid using Hangouts as an SMS app. It's a hog.
Disable/uninstall YouTube, Google Play (remanence), Google Plus, Google Now, Dash Clock and any other crap that wants to ”keep awake” your phone. Oh, also get rid of Greenify and manage your apps via permissions: it's much more effective.
In doing so, I now get my Caller UI faster than my son's SGS 4....

Cheers all! :)

Thanks for this informative post, but it would be great if you could explain the Greenify thing you said with an example.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

vladoots

Nov 21, 2010
Bucharest
Thanks for this informative post, but it would be great if you could explain the Greenify thing you said with an example.

Well, man, at some point I grew tired of seeing the „Superuser was granted to Greenify” toast message while being in another app - no matter what app. So I started a simple process of elimination: I wrote down (yeah, who does this anymore?) Greenify's list of background processes and dealt with them myself, one by one. That, and the „running apps” list (including the cached ones).

I only use Nova Launcher, so what business had Google Now launcher to be running? Or YouTube? Or Google Play? Or Google Plus? Or Hangouts? Or SlimIRC? Or DashClock? Notice these aren't „just a few innocent running apps” - they represent quite a lot for our veteran phone, if you are to add them up.

So I took them out - the above plus several more - by disabling, uninstalling or limiting them, whichever the case, including uninstalling Greenify altogether. The phone is now responsive as it should be.

In my subjective experience, at the very least. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

SlimRoms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms Team is not responsible for any damages to you or your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][4.4.2] SlimKat - I9000 [STABLE!] , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Contributors
    mnazim, SlimRoms

Version Information

Created 2014-05-19
    Last Updated 2014-05-19
    WARNING!

NOTE:

• Keep in mind that this are early Beta builds!!!!!! Means bugs can happen. So please only use this builds if you want to help us and iron out the bugs with proper bug-reports etc.

• If you get error while flashing, go to advanced->reboot to recovery and flash again.

• If you get SU issues, flash SuperSU v1.80.zip from chainfire's thread.

BUG REPORTING

When you submit a bug-report, you want to make sure that nothing from your side is causing it. Otherwise we might be hunting a bug which doesn't really exist.

The best way to achieve this is by doing the following.

• Make a nandroid backup.
    • Perform a full wipe (factory reset + wipe /system) Now we have two different ways depending on what kind of problem you're having.

• When you're having a problem with a ROM function, flash just the ROM without GAPPS, and boot back into the system. You will boot directly onto the home-screen.

• When you're having a problem with a 3rd party app in combination with our ROM then flash the ROM and GAPPS.

• Boot now back into the system. You will boot to the setup wizard. Log in to your Google account but make sure that you untick "Restore from my Google Account to this phone/tablet". Finish the setup and open the playstore and download only the app you're having problems with.

• Start a logcat recording and reproduce the bug (if possible more than once) while taking the logcat. If you don't know how to get a logcat read this tutorial or this.

• Post the logcat in a text file (this is important because you otherwise clog up the threads with your log) in the correct thread. Please also write detailed description how we can reproduce the bug.
    • Restore your backup from point 1 and wait for a fix (PLEASE don't ask for ETAs).
    mnazim our device maintainer (DM) isn't active anymore, so our build is still labeled weekly. so we are not at a stable stage as there are issues no one is looking after.

i just hope mnazim can return or some dev can pick up where mnazim left. but that seems unlikely for the old SGS. :(

Stable is just a tag guys... We will push out weeklies as long as possible for the i9000... This device is just too vintage to let go so easily... ;)
    2.5 RC1

2.5 RC1 on the way guys... Enjoy!

PS: Do not forget to flash updated gapps with the new build, else it will break your backup-restore.