[Tutorial][HowTo] Root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360

Search This thread

milys

Mar 19, 2013
Can not root my GT-S5360B

Root your Galaxy Y
I have tried to root my Samsung GT-S5360B by following the above tutorial but I only get an errorn message:
...getprop("ro.product.product") == "GT-B5710" E:Error in tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted.
This is obviously the end of a longer message but it is the only thing I can see on my screen.
I have also tried to root the phone with several other rooting programs but without result. Any idea ?

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

Root your Galaxy Y

Rooting is the first step to customise your device. Without rooting absolutely 'extraordinary' nothing is possible. Yes your warranty becomes void after that. So what?? You can always get it back after unrooting it. So chill. No matter where you read that its very risky or something like that, I'll say refrain from going to those sites. They are just putting unnecessary fear into your mind. Most probably they fear you could make your device function better than them. :D;) So lets go on with it. I've made it simple for you. Just follow the steps. :) etc..........

When I try to root my phone with Multi-Root Installer I get the following error message:

assert failed:
getprop ("ro.product.device") == "GT-S6102" | |
getprop ("ro.build.product") ==
"GT-S5360"

What does it mean ?
How can I root this phone ?

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

Root your Galaxy Y

Rooting is the first step to customise your device. Without rooting absolutely 'extraordinary' nothing is possible. Yes your warranty becomes void after that. So what?? You can always get it back after unrooting it. So chill. No matter where you read that its very risky or something like that, I'll say refrain from going to those sites. They are just putting unnecessary fear into your mind. Most probably they fear you could make your device function better than them. :D;) So lets go on with it. I've made it simple for you. Just follow the steps. :) etc........

I tried to root with CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVU_2.3.6-v4.3-CWM3RFS but I got the message Can't open /tmp/sideload/package.zip
What is this file package.zip ?

Reactions: svengrasshoff

EatHeat

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 5, 2013
Calcutta
www.facebook.com
Root your Galaxy Y
I have tried to root my Samsung GT-S5360B by following the above tutorial but I only get an errorn message:
...getprop("ro.product.product") == "GT-B5710" E:Error in tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted.
This is obviously the end of a longer message but it is the only thing I can see on my screen.
I have also tried to root the phone with several other rooting programs but without result. Any idea ?

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

Root your Galaxy Y

Rooting is the first step to customise your device. Without rooting absolutely 'extraordinary' nothing is possible. Yes your warranty becomes void after that. So what?? You can always get it back after unrooting it. So chill. No matter where you read that its very risky or something like that, I'll say refrain from going to those sites. They are just putting unnecessary fear into your mind. Most probably they fear you could make your device function better than them. :D;) So lets go on with it. I've made it simple for you. Just follow the steps. :) etc..........

When I try to root my phone with Multi-Root Installer I get the following error message:

assert failed:
getprop ("ro.product.device") == "GT-S6102" | |
getprop ("ro.build.product") ==
"GT-S5360"

What does it mean ?
How can I root this phone ?

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

Root your Galaxy Y

Rooting is the first step to customise your device. Without rooting absolutely 'extraordinary' nothing is possible. Yes your warranty becomes void after that. So what?? You can always get it back after unrooting it. So chill. No matter where you read that its very risky or something like that, I'll say refrain from going to those sites. They are just putting unnecessary fear into your mind. Most probably they fear you could make your device function better than them. :D;) So lets go on with it. I've made it simple for you. Just follow the steps. :) etc........

I tried to root with CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVU_2.3.6-v4.3-CWM3RFS but I got the message Can't open /tmp/sideload/package.zip
What is this file package.zip ?

Use the attached update.zip to root your device..and follow the steps accordingly..

Harshul05

Apr 22, 2013
Root Problem

I rooted my galaxy y successfully and after that tried to install your ics jellyblast 4......
But after updating my phone got stucked in.....:(
now its only showing the start screen and it is bricked.:(
Tell me what to do.....

B

Bruce Wayne

I rooted my galaxy y successfully and after that tried to install your ics jellyblast 4......
But after updating my phone got stucked in.....:(
now its only showing the start screen and it is bricked.:(
Tell me what to do.....

Flash a stock rom via odin. look for firmwares thread in development section

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

fuddadeluxe

Apr 28, 2013
Sadface

I just updated to S5630XXMC2 firmware and now I cant root my phone anymore... Does the zip fila heve to be updated as well? Because after the previous firmware update rooting worked just fine with the same .zip file I had before... :(

B

Bruce Wayne

I just updated to S5630XXMC2 firmware and now I cant root my phone anymore... Does the zip fila heve to be updated as well? Because after the previous firmware update rooting worked just fine with the same .zip file I had before... :(

No.
You can use the same zip file as long as it is gingerbread and galaxy y.
how did you update your rom?
Via odin or s/w update?

A Hero Can Be Anyone

fuddadeluxe

Apr 28, 2013
No.
You can use the same zip file as long as it is gingerbread and galaxy y.
how did you update your rom?
Via odin or s/w update?

A Hero Can Be Anyone

I did it via Odin because kies kept crying about low battery (although at 100%).

I tried the method from 2nd post as well, same result. No root.

Thank you very much for your help!

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
I did it via Odin because kies kept crying about low battery (although at 100%).

if you were on gb and still on gb.. it will work.. you must flash update zip in stock recovery.. did you by mistake flash in cwm?

B

Bruce Wayne

Look for update zips by
-caliban666-.
He has some more update.zips with bloatware rwmovers.
what did it result into after flashing the update zip?
Try wiping cache from stock recovery before rooting.
A Hero Can Be Anyone

fuddadeluxe

Apr 28, 2013
if you were on gb and still on gb.. it will work.. you must flash update zip in stock recovery.. did you by mistake flash in cwm?

cwm = clockworkmod? no the stock recovery mode vol up etc.

dont know what gb is tbh ^^

As for the other update.zip files, will have a search.

EDIT:

Just for the record, I reverted back to S5360XXMB1 the same way I went to MC2 and now it roots just fine with the dusty old update.zip.

Seems like there actually is a bit of a change here... And btw I´ve tried T-Mobile branded MC2 and non branded MC2 both wouldnt root.

Maybe you want to look intop this. ;)

Cheers!

Last edited:
B

Bruce Wayne

cwm = clockworkmod? no the stock recovery mode vol up etc.

dont know what gb is tbh ^^

As for the other update.zip files, will have a search.

EDIT:

Just for the record, I reverted back to S5360XXMB1 the same way I went to MC2 and now it roots just fine with the dusty old update.zip.

Seems like there actually is a bit of a change here... And btw I´ve tried T-Mobile branded MC2 and non branded MC2 both wouldnt root.

Maybe you want to look intop this. ;)

Cheers!

Yep.
cwm is ClockWorkMod and gb is Gingerbread.

You won't loose root if you update it via s/w update.

A Hero Can Be Anyone

fuddadeluxe

Apr 28, 2013
Yep.
cwm is ClockWorkMod and gb is Gingerbread.

You won't loose root if you update it via s/w update.

A Hero Can Be Anyone

Figured the gb out after using my brain :D

I´d like to update via Kies but as I said it keeps crying about battery status. Well it did, because now after flashing with Odin, Kies tells me software updates arent supported through Kies for my device... bollocks. :(

Well, Im gonna stay with MB1 then.

Cheers for helping though.

Mike02x

Jun 11, 2009
Cartago
Hi,

I tried to download the update to root, and it detects a virus, please check before uploading any file,actually I tried downloading from other sites and it´s the same, it´s strange that it shows a virus on these files.

Thanks!

kitretshu

May 27, 2013
how much time i need to update binaries ?

Root your Galaxy Y

Rooting is the first step to customise your device. Without rooting absolutely 'extraordinary' nothing is possible. Yes your warranty becomes void after that. So what?? You can always get it back after unrooting it. So chill. No matter where you read that its very risky or something like that, I'll say refrain from going to those sites. They are just putting unnecessary fear into your mind. Most probably they fear you could make your device function better than them. :D;) So lets go on with it. I've made it simple for you. Just follow the steps. :)

1. Charge your device more than 80%. Coz you still have a lot of work to do...

2. Backup your contacts, messages, apps and everything you want. For the contacts and messages you can just about use anything off the Play Store with a few stars and good reviews. But for the apps I would personally recommend the Astro app. Yes I know what you want to ask. It's free..;)

3. Download the zip file for root and place it directly on your SD card, not in any folder. Do not extract it.

4. Switch off your phone.

5. Press the Home button, Power button and the Volume Up button and keep holding it until the Samsung logo appears. Now let go of the buttons. You will see that some writings have come in red colour. This is called the Recovery Mode. Your touch screen wont work now. So don't panic if you touch the screen and nothing happens. Only the volume buttons, home button and the power buttons work now. Volume buttons for going up and down. Home button for selecting and Power key for going back to previous screen.

6. Select 'Apply update from sd card'.

7. Choose the file that you have downloaded and select yes.

8. After that you'll be taken to another screen where there will be an option 'Reboot system now'. Select it and be patient and wait for your phone to switch on.

9. Check your apps and if you see the Superuser app, it means you are rooted. :D

10. Now open it and update the binaries.

That's it. You are good to go. The proud owner of a rooted SGY. :good::laugh:
i just rooted my fon and i can see an application super user .
when i am updating binaries... i see a massage that " thats cool do it again.." how much time i need to update it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root your Galaxy Y

Rooting is the first step to customise your device. Without rooting absolutely 'extraordinary' nothing is possible. Yes your warranty becomes void after that. So what?? You can always get it back after unrooting it. So chill. No matter where you read that its very risky or something like that, I'll say refrain from going to those sites. They are just putting unnecessary fear into your mind. Most probably they fear you could make your device function better than them. :D;) So lets go on with it. I've made it simple for you. Just follow the steps. :)

1. Charge your device more than 80%. Coz you still have a lot of work to do...

2. Backup your contacts, messages, apps and everything you want. For the contacts and messages you can just about use anything off the Play Store with a few stars and good reviews. But for the apps I would personally recommend the Astro app. Yes I know what you want to ask. It's free..;)

3. Download the zip file for root and place it directly on your SD card, not in any folder. Do not extract it.

4. Switch off your phone.

5. Press the Home button, Power button and the Volume Up button and keep holding it until the Samsung logo appears. Now let go of the buttons. You will see that some writings have come in red colour. This is called the Recovery Mode. Your touch screen wont work now. So don't panic if you touch the screen and nothing happens. Only the volume buttons, home button and the power buttons work now. Volume buttons for going up and down. Home button for selecting and Power key for going back to previous screen.

6. Select 'Apply update from sd card'.

7. Choose the file that you have downloaded and select yes.

8. After that you'll be taken to another screen where there will be an option 'Reboot system now'. Select it and be patient and wait for your phone to switch on.

9. Check your apps and if you see the Superuser app, it means you are rooted. :D

10. Now open it and update the binaries.

That's it. You are good to go. The proud owner of a rooted SGY. :good::laugh:
    Nice guide bro but
    The most easiest way to root is using AROMA installer to root by manoranjan...

Go here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1822445

Try my mod...

Xperia NxT MoD v1.5 For All GB
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1967172

Sent from my GT-5360 with Xperia NxT MoD using xda-premium
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanx I did'nt knew it!!!!!!
    looooooooooooooolllllllllll

So looks like you know everything..thought I could help you with your English.. PM me if you want help with your lessons..and I'll teach you to type too.. XD
    PS- Don't hold down the keys for so long.. XD

Sent from my Galaxy Y GT-S5360. Press thanks if I helped you.
    Android Version: 2.3.6
    Baseband Version: S5360DXKK2
    Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7 root@DELL136 #1
    Build Number: GINGERBREAD.DXKK4

thats my version.. Is it ok if i root it using your method ? Thanks in advance

It's ok as long as it's a y.. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Y GT-S5360. Press thanks if I helped you.
    Latest binary! Thanks pressed

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium