Any full size weighted stylus that is confirmed to work?

Search This thread

razzbaronz

Dec 20, 2011
I'm returning the Bamboo Feel v1 due to the offset. Will order the v2 from Wacom as in another thread someone mentioned there is minimal to no offset with that one. The Bamboo Feel feels a lot better than the stylus that comes with the tablet, but the offset is uncomfortable.

Gasaraki-

Jul 14, 2010
Are there any stylus replacements that's the the same size as the cheap plastic one that i can store in the tablet?

InfiniteDroid

Jun 18, 2013
Other solution

Before you get anything expensive, think cheap and easy-to-get. what about the chalk/charcoal-holders you can find at art supply stores for less than 10$?
i dont have the tablet yet, but with the almost symmetrical stylus it should work. Any offset gets eliminated and with a little bit of modding it should be possible to make the button accessible as well. I would love to get a response if anyone tries this

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
Before you get anything expensive, think cheap and easy-to-get. what about the chalk/charcoal-holders you can find at art supply stores for less than 10$?
i dont have the tablet yet, but with the almost symmetrical stylus it should work. Any offset gets eliminated and with a little bit of modding it should be possible to make the button accessible as well. I would love to get a response if anyone tries this

You need a pen which is made for a low power Wacom Digitizer. There are electronics inside the pen which are powered by the screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 via Tapatalk.

InfiniteDroid

Jun 18, 2013
You need a pen which is made for a low power Wacom Digitizer. There are electronics inside the pen which are powered by the screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 via Tapatalk.

I meant that you would put the original pen IN the charcoal holder, that way making your drawing tool thicker and heavier. I completely understand that you need a wacom-enabled pen.

gina$zanboti

Sep 29, 2013
Alright... So I pulled the trigger on getting the bambool feel 2.... As reported the offset isn't as bad as version 1, but there is still an offset of about 1mm.

Interestingly enough when I try the pen on my Note 2 there is no offset whatsoever which makes me feel like I'm having to settle for this current set up. I'm beginning to wonder if Wacom is currently working on another pen for the 2014 model which I would really rather have. I've thought about sending this pen back, but since I'd end up losing 5-10 bucks for shipping costs (not sure if I have to pay for return shipping) and since my hand was beginning to get cramped and sore from using the integrated pen I'm going to hang onto it.

If you can just look for an alternative or wait until wacom releases a bambool feel 3 (if they ever will). there is no reason to pay a premium price for substandard performance unless you have to.

razzbaronz

Dec 20, 2011
Alright... So I pulled the trigger on getting the bambool feel 2.... As reported the offset isn't as bad as version 1, but there is still an offset of about 1mm.

Interestingly enough when I try the pen on my Note 2 there is no offset whatsoever which makes me feel like I'm having to settle for this current set up. I'm beginning to wonder if Wacom is currently working on another pen for the 2014 model which I would really rather have. I've thought about sending this pen back, but since I'd end up losing 5-10 bucks for shipping costs (not sure if I have to pay for return shipping) and since my hand was beginning to get cramped and sore from using the integrated pen I'm going to hang onto it.

If you can just look for an alternative or wait until wacom releases a bambool feel 3 (if they ever will). there is no reason to pay a premium price for substandard performance unless you have to.

I just got the Bamboo 2 as well and I have no offset. I can write in Lecturenotes and fix a letter or cross a T perfectly.
I think this is the stylus to get, the V2 (I got white).

gina$zanboti

Sep 29, 2013
I just got the Bamboo 2 as well and I have no offset. I can write in Lecturenotes and fix a letter or cross a T perfectly.
I think this is the stylus to get, the V2 (I got white).

You wouldn't really notice the offset unless you were trying to draw something. The offset between the V2 with 2014 is the same as V1 and 2012/2013 model. I really noticed it when I used the V2 on my Note two and it was absolutely perfect. Sketching felt incredible natural, but it's a little awkward on my 2014 (which has Sketchbook Pro).

I'm hanging on to it because my hand is beginning to cramp and I mostly just take notes on it anyways.

Frazior

Apr 11, 2011
Rowlett, TX
You wouldn't really notice the offset unless you were trying to draw something. The offset between the V2 with 2014 is the same as V1 and 2012/2013 model. I really noticed it when I used the V2 on my Note two and it was absolutely perfect. Sketching felt incredible natural, but it's a little awkward on my 2014 (which has Sketchbook Pro).

I'm hanging on to it because my hand is beginning to cramp and I mostly just take notes on it anyways.

How do I know if I have a V1 or V2? :confused:

gina$zanboti

Sep 29, 2013
Thanks, Time to take the one I have back to Best Buy... it is a V1....... :(

Yea I don't think any retailers are carrying it yet. You'll have to order directly from wacom. They delivered mine in about a week. Don't expect a delivery estimate or tracking number. They said 1-2 weeks and that's it.

ChrisSG

Oct 7, 2013
Bamboo Stylus CS300UK2 no offset on 2014!

Hi,

I have been following this thread, which has inspired me to buy the Bamboo Stylus for Galaxy V2 directly from Wacom. I have had it for 3 days. There is no perceivable offset in any application on my 2014 (S note, LectureNotes, Infinite Painter (fantastic app!), Sketchbook Pro) or in any application on my Note 2. The stylus is beautifully weighted and elegant. The stylus button could be improved because it is difficult to see and feel. I find myself accidentally pushing it when drawing, which drives me to temporarily disable Air Command. I'm very pleased with the purchase. Offset with this stylus could be 'luck of the draw' or maybe Wacom has made adjustments to the most recently manufactured lots.

Frazior

Apr 11, 2011
Rowlett, TX
Can't wait for mine to get here. I did find a S Pen with eraser and it works well but it feels a tad bit small in my hands, the Bamboo is a great size.

razzbaronz

Dec 20, 2011
Hi,

I have been following this thread, which has inspired me to buy the Bamboo Stylus for Galaxy V2 directly from Wacom. I have had it for 3 days. There is no perceivable offset in any application on my 2014 (S note, LectureNotes, Infinite Painter (fantastic app!), Sketchbook Pro) or in any application on my Note 2. The stylus is beautifully weighted and elegant. The stylus button could be improved because it is difficult to see and feel. I find myself accidentally pushing it when drawing, which drives me to temporarily disable Air Command. I'm very pleased with the purchase. Offset with this stylus could be 'luck of the draw' or maybe Wacom has made adjustments to the most recently manufactured lots.

I agree, as I mentioned previously there is no offset on mine either. The V2 seems to be the best of the bunch, at least for us.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Aderman

Nov 4, 2013
seems available in Europe

Yea I don't think any retailers are carrying it yet. You'll have to order directly from wacom. They delivered mine in about a week. Don't expect a delivery estimate or tracking number. They said 1-2 weeks and that's it.

I ordered one here, in a Dutch webshop. It should be the V2 version since it is the cs-3002 and another similar pen is the cs-300
It can be found at tablet4u.eu under the "Bamboo Stylus FEEL for EMR tablets" tab.

UPDATE: I got the pen, the V2 like mentioned in john10101's post below, and I'm sorry to say that the offset is there quite noticeable, especially when holding it at an angle. The S pen that goes with the tablet is much more accurate. I don't have any other Note devices to see if it is the same on those.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just my two cents :)
    The most difficult part was removing the rubber grip. Hope this helps.

Enviado desde mi SM-P605 mediante Tapatalk
    Easy pen holder solution for stock S-Pen (Note 2014)

Check it out!

Go out and buy a PILOT G-2 pen.
    Unscrew and remove pen cartridge.
    Use a utility knife and cut off about 0.7mm from the tip.
    Insert Samsung S-Pen into the PILOT. Should be a perfect, snug fit.
    I received my Wacom Bamboo Stylus Feel For Samsung Galaxy Note (CS300UK2) in the mail today.

I am not an artist. I use the stylus to take notes using either Papyrus or S-Note. I do not notice any offset. Below is a picture showing the model number on the box and a video showing me tracing lines in Papyrus. I made the video with my Note 3, holding it in my other hand.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5omwv7qqwrl2ik/CameraZOOM-20140225113831387.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wcs9xbge6q5oxxd/CameraZOOM-20140225113859873.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yrazfk8kvib912/CameraZOOM-20140225113931384.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdaihhrnknkztpk/20140225_120709.mp4
    Bamboo Stylus CS300UK2 no offset on 2014!

Hi,

Hahaha sounds class would love to see some photos of it. Upload the pics onto your DropBox account and then you can link the pictures on here.

I put them on flickr:

http://flickr.com/gp/jackhenriques/d68460/

Been using it all day, works sweet!