Aug 29, 2012
Scheibbs
epiclper.com
Okay, before anyone asks:
  • No you cannot flash this without a developer dock on your Ticwatch 2
  • MAKE A BACKUP
  • MAKE ANOTHER BACKUP
  • FOR GODS SAKE MAKE A FRIKKIN BACKUP
  • This is in no way, shape or form intended as a daily driver if you happen to be able to flash it
  • Things are broken, stuff is missing and many more undiscovered things are going to happen
  • THIS IS MAINLY A DEVELOPER RELEASE SO OTHERS CAN HELP!

Well now that's out of the way: Welcome to the first ever publicly released Android Wear 2 ROM for your Ticwatch 2!
As mentioned above this is mainly a download and playground for developers so far and not intended for use with daily driver Ticwatch 2's so far.
I will not provide any support in this thread whatsoever about this ROM as this is not my work. However I have been working together with another guy to make this even possible, tho he did all the coding/rewriting/magic to make this possible at all.
The initial dump came from my very own Ticwatch E and stuff was ported over to the Ticwatch 2 then, or at least we tried as good as we could. Stuff like vibration, microphone and the side tickle are still not working and need to be fixed, however due to missing drivers and their source code this wasn't possible yet. This is why we've decided to release what we have so far so other developers can hopefully jump in and help us here.

The Download comes with a Scatter file for the SP Flash Tool, however I won't provide any further instructions on how to use it or how to make a backup of your watch. I myself am too unskilled to do anything else than making a dump with that tool so the actual "porting-guy" (Luxios) was able to work with since he doesn't own a Ticwatch S/E.

DOWNLOAD --- Mirror
You can also download the FULL TICWATCH 2 ROM ZIP (or directly from Mobvoi) or download a TICWATCH 2 PARTITION DUMP (or a MIRROR available here). For your porting pleasure ;)

"Some" instructions or infos so you won't have to figure them out anymore:

Please keep in mind that I'm unable to help you in any way, shape or form with all of this and I won't take responsibility for broken watches or shattered hopes and dreams! I haven't even flashed it myself onto my TW2 yet since my 3D printer and spring contacts didn't arrive yet. Once I have those 2 things I'll probably provide a file for you guys to download and print yourselves to make your very own dev dock :)

Anyways, have fun and I hope some of you guys can help us to make this awesome Ticwatch 2 finally run Android Wear in its finest form!

Last edited:

jepe63

Jul 4, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
I've read somwhere of a guy who didn't used a dock but these little mini hooks, maybe that can help ?:)

Attachments

• s-l300.png
    s-l300.png
    42 KB · Views: 2,290

EpicLPer

Aug 29, 2012
Scheibbs
epiclper.com
What works and doesn't work?

Except microphone, vibration, the side tickle and prob something I'm forgetting right now everything should work. Basically you can use it daily already IF you want but we won't guarantee that it will since we haven't done anything to it yet except dumping and providing it. We did try to get those things to work but they require more tinkering.

Reactions: parrotgeek1

Come from china

Jul 29, 2013
Bad luck. It seems that my watch end up in boot loop after flashing this rom.
I have restore my backup.
Edit: Use twrp to wipe data, then it will boot.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, before anyone asks:
    • No you cannot flash this without a developer dock on your Ticwatch 2
    • MAKE A BACKUP
    • MAKE ANOTHER BACKUP
    • FOR GODS SAKE MAKE A FRIKKIN BACKUP
    • This is in no way, shape or form intended as a daily driver if you happen to be able to flash it
    • Things are broken, stuff is missing and many more undiscovered things are going to happen
    • THIS IS MAINLY A DEVELOPER RELEASE SO OTHERS CAN HELP!

Well now that's out of the way: Welcome to the first ever publicly released Android Wear 2 ROM for your Ticwatch 2!
    As mentioned above this is mainly a download and playground for developers so far and not intended for use with daily driver Ticwatch 2's so far.
    I will not provide any support in this thread whatsoever about this ROM as this is not my work. However I have been working together with another guy to make this even possible, tho he did all the coding/rewriting/magic to make this possible at all.
    The initial dump came from my very own Ticwatch E and stuff was ported over to the Ticwatch 2 then, or at least we tried as good as we could. Stuff like vibration, microphone and the side tickle are still not working and need to be fixed, however due to missing drivers and their source code this wasn't possible yet. This is why we've decided to release what we have so far so other developers can hopefully jump in and help us here.

The Download comes with a Scatter file for the SP Flash Tool, however I won't provide any further instructions on how to use it or how to make a backup of your watch. I myself am too unskilled to do anything else than making a dump with that tool so the actual "porting-guy" (Luxios) was able to work with since he doesn't own a Ticwatch S/E.

DOWNLOAD --- Mirror
    You can also download the FULL TICWATCH 2 ROM ZIP (or directly from Mobvoi) or download a TICWATCH 2 PARTITION DUMP (or a MIRROR available here). For your porting pleasure ;)

"Some" instructions or infos so you won't have to figure them out anymore:

Please keep in mind that I'm unable to help you in any way, shape or form with all of this and I won't take responsibility for broken watches or shattered hopes and dreams! I haven't even flashed it myself onto my TW2 yet since my 3D printer and spring contacts didn't arrive yet. Once I have those 2 things I'll probably provide a file for you guys to download and print yourselves to make your very own dev dock :)

Anyways, have fun and I hope some of you guys can help us to make this awesome Ticwatch 2 finally run Android Wear in its finest form!
    You can make a quick version of the developer dock. It works.
    I thought its the drivers for the ticwatch 2 that are missing from the mod ROM?

The staff of mobvoi sent me the email of the technical engineer and i've sent it to the OP user. Lets hope there will be some news.
    Ticwatch E (China) is work

I edit and flash this rom to my Ticwatch E (China), all work
    use nvram & nvdata from my Ticwear backup
    fix userdata problem use:
    Code:
    mkfs.ext4 userdata.img

我把这个固件修改并刷到了我的 Ticwatch E 国内版上, 正常工作
    使用了从 Ticwear 备份的 nvram 和 nvdata
    修复 userdata 的问题, 执行:
    Code:
    mkfs.ext4 userdata.img
    Mar 19 (1 day ago)
    to Support
    Hi Ivy.

I am a developer, I wish to develop for the ticwatch 2. You have provided an SDK (https://developer.chumenwenwen.com/en/doc/ticwear.html) however this is NOT what i'm asking about.

I am asking about the software kernel that the watch uses. The watch uses the "Linux kernel" which is open-source-software and legally licensed under the GPL-2. As per the law, I am requesting the "source code" for the Ticwatch 2 International be released.
    This will enable me to develop apps for the ticwatch 2. Please have a look at https://opensource.org/licenses/GPL-2.0 and speak with your development team.
    There should be no problem providing this.

Regards,
    x

Support via zendesk.com
    3:14 PM (3 hours ago)
    to me
    ##- Please type your reply above this line -##
    Your request (56921) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Ivy
    Ivy (Mobvoi)

Mar 20, 01:14 MST

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

We were informed that we planed to open the current kernel source code. However, currently, it's not finished yet. We are working hard on preparing this.

Thanks for your attention on us.
    Best regards,

Ticwatch Team
    -----------------------------------

Hmmm, "not finished".... it was finished the minute they started shipping the watches. Guess it's a tactic to not provide it, while not refusing to at the same time.