[2017.08.13] SuperSU Config [AROMA]

Search This thread

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Yes, it will install as systemless, but not as SBIN.
SBIN mode is needed for Suhide to install. And yes, it will pass safety net for sure.
To clarify, if you are not on 8.x, you must run the command in the OP to get SuperSU installed in SBIN. SBIN is needed for Suhide to work....
Your welcome..
I think that you are posting on the wrong thread - The whole point of using this Aroma install is so that you don't have to run any commands - See this post and Confirmation by Chainfire

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=73386581

From Down the Rabbit Hole by:
My SM-G930W8 ??

GuardianUSMC

Mar 19, 2009
Area 51.2
GuardianWeb.us
Yes, it will install as systemless, but not as SBIN.
SBIN mode is needed for Suhide to install. And yes, it will pass safety net for sure.
To clarify, if you are not on 8.x, you must run the command in the OP to get SuperSU installed in SBIN. SBIN is needed for Suhide to work....
Your welcome..
Ok, thank you, so if I want to install suhide and I am on 7.x then I need to modify the install to force sbin which is not the default for non 8.x, got it, thank you again for your help, appreciate you taking the time to help clarify for me, I have read and read until my eyes bled but the cross talk and inconsistencies of each report made it a very confusing read, glad to have a handle on it now. Thank you again.

GopalKaul

Aug 29, 2015
Hyderabad
Ok, thank you, so if I want to install suhide and I am on 7.x then I need to modify the install to force sbin which is not the default for non 8.x, got it, thank you again for your help, appreciate you taking the time to help clarify for me, I have read and read until my eyes bled but the cross talk and inconsistencies of each report made it a very confusing read, glad to have a handle on it now. Thank you again.

Yes it is correct! You can run the command or this AROMA flashable zip. Either will work..

lmulli

Mar 6, 2010

All you need to do is run the Aroma-SuperSUConfig and choose the SBIN option (at the bottom and used as the default for Oreo roms). Then install SuperSU and reboot your device. Once thats done, go back in to recovery and install the SuHide.zip and it should install with no issues at all (I find that it doesn't install if you don't do the reboot first).

GuardianUSMC

Mar 19, 2009
Area 51.2
GuardianWeb.us
All you need to do is run the Aroma-SuperSUConfig and choose the SBIN option (at the bottom and used as the default for Oreo roms). Then install SuperSU and reboot your device. Once thats done, go back in to recovery and install the SuHide.zip and it should install with no issues at all (I find that it doesn't install if you don't do the reboot first).
Thank you for driving it home, I have gotten it sorted out and using the echo method instead, no point in installing ASC for just one option, I can use the terminal window and then the rest is same as the past with the additional step of SH which shouldn't pose a problem, I always do a reboot between each step, even when technically unnecessary, call it my own little quirk.

I was going to do this past weekend but health and other obligations required me to not take my phone offline, plus I want to make the move from stock (since Google pretty much abandoned it since 7.1.1) and start with PA, but that means a clean install and not dirty flashing so means a lot of work putting everything back, so I need a good day that i can dedicate to it, and that has not come up for me yet :) not to mention I need to nail down a good gapps (prime candidate so far is beans' minimal but still trying to make sure that will work nicely with PA) so if you have any suggestions, would love to hear it without going to far off topic here. If you want, you can PM me so we can keep this thread on topic.

The Analog Kid

Dec 5, 2013
So no posts in more than a year now? Oh boy, that's not promising... Anyway: I'm wondering how useful could be Aroma to let me install SuperSU SR5 on Moto Z2 Play under 8.0 Oreo (June 1, 2018 patch)... My own self answer is "VERY"; however, it goes all the way against pretty much all of those on Moto devices these days. For "some" reason they all claim "go Magisk". That's it.

Thing is, I've no need for complications and still want to go SuperSU. I've been relying on Pro for years, and this can be no exception. So... Does anybody here thinks (just like me) that going the Aroma+SuperSU way along with known @VR25 "F2fs fix" could be enough for me to keep using the most reliable rooting tool, at least for one more device?

BTW: I don't care that much about SafetyNet, but if that comes along, well... I'll take it.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using XDA Labs

Ch3vr0n

May 6, 2009
You do know SuperSU was taken over and subsequently abandoned by CCMT do you? And that chainfire made a post months ago about putting ALL his root requiring stuff on hold? That includes this one.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Locaj

Feb 19, 2012
Please help. No access to TWRP

Hi,
I made huge mistake, did silly oversight and now cant access recovery mode even when I flash TWRP again.
I din't notice that I had old version of TWRP 2.8.5.0. Installed SuperSU Config on that. When realised mistake I have installed TWRP 3.2.3.0. Unfortunately after that all recovery options stopped working.
Unfortunately I'm working bit blind here but my idea was to restore the to default option the Systemless SBIN mode and after that try to install TWRP 2.8.5.0 to see if I can get back to working setup.

Really don't know how to begin to fix it. Anyone knows how to fix it please?

Many thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SuperSU has several flash-time options.

Normally these are set by echoing text to /data/.supersu, for example:

Code:
    echo "BINDSBIN=true">>/data/.supersu

There are a dozen such options, and though most users never have to change the defaults, it can become cumbersome if you are one of the users who does.

The standard SuperSU ZIP does not use AROMA because AROMA does not support all the devices and recovery environments the SuperSU ZIP supports.

If your device and recovery environment does support AROMA and you need to configure SuperSU in a non-standard way, this is the ZIP to flash for you!

NOTICE: This ZIP does not actually install SuperSU itself. You need to manually flash that after flashing this one.

Requirements
    - ARM-based device
    - AROMA-compatible recovery or FlashFire
    - Access to the /data partition (rarely an issue)

Download
    AROMA-SuperSUConfig-v1.00.zip
    ... reserved ...
    ... also reserved ...
    Does this Aroma mean that you don't have to use Terminal in TWRP 3.1.1-0 now? My quick take is that you Flash the Aroma zip and then Flash SuperSU because the Aroma takes care of what you had to do with the previous SR version?

Correct.
    Finally. I love this. I'm not a magisk fan.