[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v2.1 (latest update: 12/1/2012)

Search This thread

Sblood86

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 18, 2011
Middle of nowhere, Texas
300x300.png

Project Open Cannibal presents...
Cannibal Open Touch v2.1 for Samsung Nexus S 4G

About Cannibal Open Touch:
Cannibal Open Touch is the next generation of custom recoveries. Jam-packed with cool and useful features, it can handle just about anything you can throw at it.

Main Features:
1. Support for both Edify and Amend scripting (flash all ROMS!)
2. Theme support
3. Touch screen button controls!
4. GooManager support!
5. Internal e2fsprogs for size
6. Backported “retouch binaries” patch for ICS/JB compatibility
7. Advanced Backup
8. Delete old backups!
9. Persistent settings
10. User-defined backup locations!
11. ADB Sideload
12. Touchscreen calibration

Why the name Cannibal Open Touch?
Because we can. The name also embodies everything that Cannibal Open Touch is. It is no longer just a variant of ClockworkMod Recovery, it is it's own recovery by itself. Combining features from ClockworkMod 5, Team UtterChaos' Sony Xperia recovery, AmonRa 3.0.6, Xionia CWMA and a heaping helping of our own special enhancements it is truly revolutionary.

What to do when an error occurs:
DO NOT simply say "xxxx doesn't work" as that is highly unhelpful and will probably be ignored. Instead, post the recovery log! To grab a log when an error occurs, simply open a terminal (or command prompt if on Windows), "cd" to an easily accessible directory and execute:

Code:
adb pull /tmp/recovery.log

Paste the log as an attachment (don't paste the text inside, as it can be quite lengthy), or paste it on pastebin.com.

WARNING!
If you are upgrading from a previous version of Cannibal Open Touch you must delete the settings.ini file located in the cotrecovery folder on your sdcard!

Flashing instructions:
1. Download the Cannibal Open Touch recovery image.
2. Reboot your device to bootloader mode (adb reboot bootloader)
3. Flash the image with fastboot (fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img)
4. Reboot to recovery mode
5. PROFIT!

Main Recovery Screenshots
Main Gallery (external link)

Available Themes:
Themes Gallery (external link)

Download Cannibal Open Touch v2.1:
Note: The below link is an external link to the Project Open Cannibal forums. We do not require registration to download any public release, but we'd sure appreciate it if you stopped by to say hello :)

WARNING!
This has only been tested on the NS4G models (crespo4g); while it is hightly probable this will work on the Nexus S (crespo) we cannot confirm this at this time (at best I would expect assert errors with rom zips).

Cannibal Open Touch Download

Last edited:

vinnypel2ella

Jul 18, 2010
Pittsburgh
Awesome, the Blood Red theme looks 3D kinda, or maybe... :eek: ;). Have gone through some of the basic's, dalvik cache, flashing zips (kernels), fixing permissions, mounting USB mass storage, mounting/un-mounting other partitions, haven't played around with any of the features you'd use to flash a new ROM (at least flashing them the right way) or the NANDROID features, although there is a settings menu for the actual Cannibal Recovery which include some things you might want to change depending on which recovery you were using before switching and for the prompts (no no no yes no no). It also includes calibrate touchscreen which you want to do first thing, use the volume rockers to get to the the calibration then you can use the software buttons on the bottom with precision. For some reason when you go to partition management though, you click on it, then the screen flashes and your back where you just were, then when you click on partition management again it actually goes into the menu. Another thing is that the settings are not persistent, hopefully I'm just missing something. It's really not that big of a deal, just remembering to do it....I really like this recovery

dirt

Jun 14, 2009
SC
Seems interesting, might try it later tonight...

Sent from my ns4g using Tapatalk 2

dirt

Jun 14, 2009
SC
WARNING!
This has only been tested on the NS4G models (crespo4g); while it is hightly probable this will work on the Nexus S (crespo) we cannot confirm this at this time (at best I would expect assert errors with rom zips).

I've never seen a recovery that worked for both gsm & cdma nexus s. So, my bet is no.

Reactions: sgtkid12

dirt

Jun 14, 2009
SC
I will give this a try. Its not like it could brick my phone is something.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Make sure you have a recovery img file to flash back. Their website specifically states this is ONLY for ns4g

vinnypel2ella

Jul 18, 2010
Pittsburgh
Are any of you getting persistence across reboots? I'll change all the COT Settings just to have to re-change them after rebooting out of the recovery. Can the recovery partition even have persistence?

And here's the pastbin for the bug's I listed in my first post (second post of the thread).

recovery.log pastbin

Last edited:

koeylondon

Sep 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
Are any of you getting persistence across reboots? I'll change all the COT Settings just to have to re-change them after rebooting out of the recovery. Can the recovery partition even have persistence?

And here's the pastbin for the bug's I listed in my first post (second post of the thread).

recovery.log pastbin

The settings aren't saved in the recovery partition, but as a file in the COT folder in your "SD" partition. If they're not sticking, report with a log (how to pull it is in the OP) and SBlood and Drew will work on fixing it.

The colors thing was a known issue, might have re-emerged.

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011

recovery.log pastbin

I would try using a file manager to delete the /sdcard/cotrecovery/setting.INI

Then try rebooting.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

vinnypel2ella

Jul 18, 2010
Pittsburgh
Just tried this 4 times, still no dice

boot into android, connect phone to computer, obviously make sure USB debugging is enabled, put the Cannibal recovery .img you downloaded from the first post in your platform-tools folder on your PC (or where ever your adb/fastboot files are located) and just to make is easy rename the file "recovery" (obviously without quotes, I'm going off of no knowledge of your...technical ability). open a command prompt in your platform-tools folder from the android sdk (or again, where ever your adb/fastboot files are located, where you just put recovery.img) by holding shift and left clicking inside the file explorer window where your adb shizz is and then click "Open command prompt here".

This will be in line by line format what you must enter into the command prompt with // being used for comments about what the command is doing (do not type those):

//to see if your device is being recognized by adb and get the server running type

adb devices

//you should see a little table with a device ID underneath the "device" column, this is good. if you dont, you need to install you phones ADB drivers or put it in adb debugging mode

//If your phone was recognized, then type

adb reboot bootloader

//Your phone should reboot into the booloader, and this is where things might get difficult

//Were in the process of fastboot flashing this recovery, so to see if your phone is recognized as being in fastboot mode (in the bootloader) type

fastboot devices

//as with the command adb devices, you should see your phone listed (the device ID)

//If all this clears out then your ready to flash the recovery

//To fastboot flash a recovery you want to type

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

//I will explain the syntax so you know whats going on, but at this point it should of gave you some sort of feedback that the device was flashed or the image/file was transferred and now just use your volume rocker keys on the phone to click recovery from the bootloader menu and you should now see your shiny new recovery

As for the syntax of the fastboot command, I'll break it down string by string (word by word):

• fastboot
    • .EXE application from the Android SDK that is run in the command prompt for interfacing with the devices bootloader.
  • flash
    • Busybox command used to, for lack of a better term, flash partitions on the device.
  • recovery
    • By typing "recovery" after the busybox "flash' command, the recovery partition is selected as the partition to run the command on.
  • recovery.img
    • Location of image file that we want to flash. We did not have to type in a full path to the file because our command prompt was open in the directory the file "recovery.img" is located. I believe the issue you guys are having (the limited post's I saw in this thread so far) is that you are trying to flash the recovery from your /sdcard and if the /sdcard is not mounted, or is mounted as read only then you will receive an error. Also, if you are trying to use your computers command prompt and ADB interface to flash the recovery, but have the .img file saved lets say, to your android-sdk folder instead of the actual platform-tools folder. Whenever your referencing a path in the command prompt, if there is a space between any of the file/folder names the whole path has to be inside quotes.

Example:

fastboot flash recovery C:\Program Files(x86)\Android\android-sdk\recovery.img

This would return an error saying it cannot find the path "C:\Program

The correct syntax would be:

fastboot flash recovery "C:\Program Files(x86)\Android\android-sdk\recovery.img"

Any other questions, feel free to PM me or just post em up on here. I really like this recovery so I'll be checking back often for updates :)

Last edited:
Reactions: sleepyEDB

Sblood86

Apr 18, 2011
Middle of nowhere, Texas
Apparently I failed to subscribe to/bookmark this thread; my apologies, this has been corrected and I will be keeping a closer eye on peoples issues, sorry again.

sleepyEDB

Jul 26, 2010
Metro Detroit
Thanks for the great post, vinnypel2ella.

I followed your steps and successfully loaded the Open Cannibal recovery on my phone. I did have an unexpected occurrence during one of the steps, so I thought I'd share:

++ Everything went as expected through the step below.

adb reboot bootloader

++ Once my phone was at the bootloader, Windows popped up the 'Found New Hardware' wizard. I canceled it, and tried to proceed with your steps, but was unable to go any further until (from my phone) I rebooted back into the bootloader and allowed the Found New Hardware wizard to do its thing and install a few files. After that, the remaining steps went fine and COT is now installed.

The below issue re: COT Recovery not mounting my SD Card may be a non-issue after all. I booted back into recovery one last time and, while the message was still displayed, after moving around and trying out a few different menus/options (viewing the log, calibrating the touchscreen, fixing permissions) it seems as though COT was able to mount my SD Card at some point during my 'visit'. I was then able to successfully create a Nandroid backup.

I wanted to post my recovery.log file in case anyone was interested, but the 'adb pull /tmp/recovery.log' command returned the following error:
++ remote object '/tmp/recovery.log' does not exist

I thought this was a bit strange since I was able to view the log when in COT Recovery. Did I do something wrong in the above command?

Thanks,

sleepy

[ON HOLD]
I do, however, have the same problem as p1gp3n in that the recovery says it is unable to mount my SD Card. It said this on the initial boot to recovery, and after booting into Android and then back into recovery several times. I have tried deleting the settings.ini file when in Android and then booting into recovery but it did not help. I will pull a log file and submit to the COT team. Do you (or anyone else) have any ideas in the meantime?
[/ON HOLD

Last edited:

Sblood86

Apr 18, 2011
Middle of nowhere, Texas

I followed your steps and successfully loaded the Open Cannibal recovery on my phone. I did have an unexpected occurrence during one of the steps, so I thought I'd share:

adb reboot bootloader

++ Once my phone was at the bootloader, Windows popped up the 'Found New Hardware' wizard. I canceled it, and tried to proceed with your steps, but was unable to go any further until (from my phone) I rebooted back into the bootloader and allowed the Found New Hardware wizard to do its thing and install a few files. After that, the remaining steps went fine and COT is now installed.

The below issue re: COT Recovery not mounting my SD Card may be a non-issue after all. I booted back into recovery one last time and, while the message was still displayed, after moving around and trying out a few different menus/options (viewing the log, calibrating the touchscreen, fixing permissions) it seems as though COT was able to mount my SD Card at some point during my 'visit'. I was then able to successfully create a Nandroid backup.

I wanted to post my recovery.log file in case anyone was interested, but the 'adb pull /tmp/recovery.log' command returned the following error:

I thought this was a bit strange since I was able to view the log when in COT Recovery. Did I do something wrong in the above command?

Thanks,

sleepy

[ON HOLD]
I do, however, have the same problem as p1gp3n in that the recovery says it is unable to mount my SD Card. It said this on the initial boot to recovery, and after booting into Android and then back into recovery several times. I have tried deleting the settings.ini file when in Android and then booting into recovery but it did not help. I will pull a log file and submit to the COT team. Do you (or anyone else) have any ideas in the meantime?
[/ON HOLD

The logs will only be present in tmp when you are in recovery; I seem to recall them being lost on reboot.
You can export the recovery log to you sdcard from the recovery menu : COT Options -> Recovery Debugging -> Report Error (will copy the log to sdcard/cotrecovery/

Definitely some weirdness going on there though, let us know when you have that log.

Reactions: sleepyEDB

sleepyEDB

Jul 26, 2010
Metro Detroit
The logs will only be present in tmp when you are in recovery; I seem to recall them being lost on reboot.
You can export the recovery log to you sdcard from the recovery menu : COT Options -> Recovery Debugging -> Report Error (will copy the log to sdcard/cotrecovery/

Definitely some weirdness going on there though, let us know when you have that log.

Thanks for the reply, and the tip re: the recovery.log. I've got a copy and it's posted below. Again, sorry for not being able to use pastebin:

Code:
Starting recovery on Wed Feb  6 17:24:07 2013
recovery filesystem table
=========================
  0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null) 0
  1 /sdcard vfat /dev/block/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/by-name/media (null) 0
  2 /system ext4 /dev/block/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/by-name/system (null) 0
  3 /cache yaffs2 cache (null) 0
  4 /data ext4 /dev/block/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/by-name/userdata (null) 0
  5 /misc mtd misc (null) 0
  6 /boot mtd boot (null) 0
  7 /recovery mtd recovery (null) 0
  8 /bootloader mtd bootloader (null) 0
  9 /radio mtd radio (null) 0
  10 /wimax mtd wimax (null) 0

W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /datadata during fstab generation!
W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /emmc during fstab generation!
W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /sd-ext during fstab generation!
I:Completed outputting fstab.
W:failed to mount /dev/block/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/by-name/media (No such file or directory)
Unable to mount sdcard,
loading failsafe setting...

Settings will not work
without an sdcard...
W:failed to mount /dev/block/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/by-name/media (No such file or directory)
I:Language code: en
I:Theme loaded!
I:Loading hydro resources...
can't open /dev/tty0: No such file or directory
framebuffer: fd 3 (480 x 800)
I:Processing arguments.
mtd: successfully wrote block at 0
I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"
I:Checking arguments.
I:device_recovery_start()
Command: "/sbin/recovery"

ro.boot.serialno= <Deleted by me. Not sure if this should be posted online.>
ro.boot.bootloader=D720SPRKE1
ro.boot.baseband=D720SPRLF2
ro.boot.info=0x4,0x4,1
ro.boot.carrier=SPR
ro.serialno=<Deleted by me. Not sure if this should be posted online.>
ro.bootmode=unknown
ro.baseband=D720SPRLF2
ro.bootloader=D720SPRKE1
ro.hardware=herring
ro.revision=34
ro.emmc=0
ro.boot.emmc=0
ro.factorytest=0
ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=1
ro.debuggable=1
persist.sys.usb.config=adb
ro.build.id=JRO03L
ro.build.display.id=full_crespo4g-eng 4.1.1 JRO03L eng.drewwalton.20121201.132311 test-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.drewwalton.20121201.132311
ro.build.version.sdk=16
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.1.1
ro.build.date=Sat Dec  1 13:23:53 MST 2012
ro.build.date.utc=0
ro.build.type=eng
ro.build.user=drewwalton
ro.build.host=thefed
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=Full Android on Emulator
ro.product.brand=Android
ro.product.name=full_crespo4g
ro.product.device=crespo4g
ro.product.board=herring
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=unknown
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=s5pc110
ro.build.product=crespo4g
ro.build.description=full_crespo4g-eng 4.1.1 JRO03L eng.drewwalton.20121201.132311 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=Android/full_crespo4g/crespo4g:4.1.1/JRO03L/eng.drewwalton.20121201.132311:eng/test-keys
ro.build.characteristics=default
ro.cm.device=crespo4g
keyguard.no_require_sim=true
ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
ro.carrier=unknown
ro.ril.hsxpa=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=10
ro.adb.qemud=1
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1
net.bt.name=Android
net.change=net.bt.name
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
init.svc.ueventd=running
init.svc.recovery=running
service.adb.root=1
init.svc.adbd=running

I:Checking for extendedcommand...
Unable to mount sdcard,
loading failsafe setting...

Settings will not work
without an sdcard...
I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...
I:Set boot command ""
failed to open /sys/class/android_usb/android0/state: No such file or directory
I:Can't format unknown volume: /external_sd
I:Can't format unknown volume: /emmc
Starting recovery on Wed Feb  6 17:24:42 2013
recovery filesystem table
=========================
  0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null) 0
  1 /sdcard vfat /dev/block/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/by-name/media (null) 0
  2 /system ext4 /dev/block/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/by-name/system (null) 0
  3 /cache yaffs2 cache (null) 0
  4 /data ext4 /dev/block/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/by-name/userdata (null) 0
  5 /misc mtd misc (null) 0
  6 /boot mtd boot (null) 0
  7 /recovery mtd recovery (null) 0
  8 /bootloader mtd bootloader (null) 0
  9 /radio mtd radio (null) 0
  10 /wimax mtd wimax (null) 0

W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /datadata during fstab generation!
W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /emmc during fstab generation!
W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /sd-ext during fstab generation!
I:Completed outputting fstab.
I:COT Settings loaded!
Switching to dedupe!
can't open /dev/tty0: No such file or directory
framebuffer: fd 3 (480 x 800)
I:Processing arguments.
I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"
I:Checking arguments.
I:device_recovery_start()
Command: "/sbin/recovery"

ro.boot.serialno=<Deleted by me. Not sure if this should be posted online.>
ro.boot.bootloader=D720SPRKE1
ro.boot.baseband=D720SPRLF2
ro.boot.info=0x4,0x4,1
ro.boot.carrier=SPR
ro.serialno=<Deleted by me. Not sure if this should be posted online.>
ro.bootmode=unknown
ro.baseband=D720SPRLF2
ro.bootloader=D720SPRKE1
ro.hardware=herring
ro.revision=34
ro.emmc=0
ro.boot.emmc=0
ro.factorytest=0
ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=1
ro.debuggable=1
persist.sys.usb.config=adb
ro.build.id=JRO03L
ro.build.display.id=full_crespo4g-eng 4.1.1 JRO03L eng.drewwalton.20121201.132311 test-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.drewwalton.20121201.132311
ro.build.version.sdk=16
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.1.1
ro.build.date=Sat Dec  1 13:23:53 MST 2012
ro.build.date.utc=0
ro.build.type=eng
ro.build.user=drewwalton
ro.build.host=thefed
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=Full Android on Emulator
ro.product.brand=Android
ro.product.name=full_crespo4g
ro.product.device=crespo4g
ro.product.board=herring
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=unknown
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=s5pc110
ro.build.product=crespo4g
ro.build.description=full_crespo4g-eng 4.1.1 JRO03L eng.drewwalton.20121201.132311 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=Android/full_crespo4g/crespo4g:4.1.1/JRO03L/eng.drewwalton.20121201.132311:eng/test-keys
ro.build.characteristics=default
ro.cm.device=crespo4g
keyguard.no_require_sim=true
ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
ro.carrier=unknown
ro.ril.hsxpa=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=10
ro.adb.qemud=1
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1
net.bt.name=Android
net.change=net.bt.name
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
init.svc.ueventd=running
init.svc.recovery=running
service.adb.root=1
init.svc.adbd=running

I:Checking for extendedcommand...
I:COT Settings loaded!
Switching to dedupe!
I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...
I:Can't format unknown volume: /external_sd
I:Can't format unknown volume: /emmc
WTF?!?!?failed to open /sys/class/android_usb/android0/state: No such file or directory

I should note that when I rebooted into COT to grab the log file, the message about not being able to mount my SD Card was again displayed, but the recovery performed as if it was mounted. I was able to view the different partitions and enter the Storage Management area, view existing Nandroid backups, etc. Maybe the warning message is just being displayed in error?

sleepy

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    300x300.png

Project Open Cannibal presents...
    Cannibal Open Touch v2.1 for Samsung Nexus S 4G

About Cannibal Open Touch:
    Cannibal Open Touch is the next generation of custom recoveries. Jam-packed with cool and useful features, it can handle just about anything you can throw at it.

Main Features:
    1. Support for both Edify and Amend scripting (flash all ROMS!)
    2. Theme support
    3. Touch screen button controls!
    4. GooManager support!
    5. Internal e2fsprogs for size
    6. Backported “retouch binaries” patch for ICS/JB compatibility
    7. Advanced Backup
    8. Delete old backups!
    9. Persistent settings
    10. User-defined backup locations!
    11. ADB Sideload
    12. Touchscreen calibration

Why the name Cannibal Open Touch?
    Because we can. The name also embodies everything that Cannibal Open Touch is. It is no longer just a variant of ClockworkMod Recovery, it is it's own recovery by itself. Combining features from ClockworkMod 5, Team UtterChaos' Sony Xperia recovery, AmonRa 3.0.6, Xionia CWMA and a heaping helping of our own special enhancements it is truly revolutionary.

What to do when an error occurs:
    DO NOT simply say "xxxx doesn't work" as that is highly unhelpful and will probably be ignored. Instead, post the recovery log! To grab a log when an error occurs, simply open a terminal (or command prompt if on Windows), "cd" to an easily accessible directory and execute:

Code:
    adb pull /tmp/recovery.log

Paste the log as an attachment (don't paste the text inside, as it can be quite lengthy), or paste it on pastebin.com.

WARNING!
    If you are upgrading from a previous version of Cannibal Open Touch you must delete the settings.ini file located in the cotrecovery folder on your sdcard!

Flashing instructions:
    1. Download the Cannibal Open Touch recovery image.
    2. Reboot your device to bootloader mode (adb reboot bootloader)
    3. Flash the image with fastboot (fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img)
    4. Reboot to recovery mode
    5. PROFIT!

Main Recovery Screenshots
    Main Gallery (external link)

Available Themes:
    Themes Gallery (external link)

Download Cannibal Open Touch v2.1:
    Note: The below link is an external link to the Project Open Cannibal forums. We do not require registration to download any public release, but we'd sure appreciate it if you stopped by to say hello :)

WARNING!

Cannibal Open Touch Download
    WARNING!

I've never seen a recovery that worked for both gsm & cdma nexus s. So, my bet is no.

Just tried this 4 times, still no dice

boot into android, connect phone to computer, obviously make sure USB debugging is enabled, put the Cannibal recovery .img you downloaded from the first post in your platform-tools folder on your PC (or where ever your adb/fastboot files are located) and just to make is easy rename the file "recovery" (obviously without quotes, I'm going off of no knowledge of your...technical ability). open a command prompt in your platform-tools folder from the android sdk (or again, where ever your adb/fastboot files are located, where you just put recovery.img) by holding shift and left clicking inside the file explorer window where your adb shizz is and then click "Open command prompt here".

This will be in line by line format what you must enter into the command prompt with // being used for comments about what the command is doing (do not type those):

//to see if your device is being recognized by adb and get the server running type

adb devices

//you should see a little table with a device ID underneath the "device" column, this is good. if you dont, you need to install you phones ADB drivers or put it in adb debugging mode

adb reboot bootloader

//Your phone should reboot into the booloader, and this is where things might get difficult

//Were in the process of fastboot flashing this recovery, so to see if your phone is recognized as being in fastboot mode (in the bootloader) type

fastboot devices

//as with the command adb devices, you should see your phone listed (the device ID)

//If all this clears out then your ready to flash the recovery

//To fastboot flash a recovery you want to type

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

//I will explain the syntax so you know whats going on, but at this point it should of gave you some sort of feedback that the device was flashed or the image/file was transferred and now just use your volume rocker keys on the phone to click recovery from the bootloader menu and you should now see your shiny new recovery

As for the syntax of the fastboot command, I'll break it down string by string (word by word):

• fastboot
      • .EXE application from the Android SDK that is run in the command prompt for interfacing with the devices bootloader.
    • flash
      • Busybox command used to, for lack of a better term, flash partitions on the device.
    • recovery
      • By typing "recovery" after the busybox "flash' command, the recovery partition is selected as the partition to run the command on.
    • recovery.img
      • Location of image file that we want to flash. We did not have to type in a full path to the file because our command prompt was open in the directory the file "recovery.img" is located. I believe the issue you guys are having (the limited post's I saw in this thread so far) is that you are trying to flash the recovery from your /sdcard and if the /sdcard is not mounted, or is mounted as read only then you will receive an error. Also, if you are trying to use your computers command prompt and ADB interface to flash the recovery, but have the .img file saved lets say, to your android-sdk folder instead of the actual platform-tools folder. Whenever your referencing a path in the command prompt, if there is a space between any of the file/folder names the whole path has to be inside quotes.

Example:

fastboot flash recovery C:\Program Files(x86)\Android\android-sdk\recovery.img

This would return an error saying it cannot find the path "C:\Program

The correct syntax would be:

fastboot flash recovery "C:\Program Files(x86)\Android\android-sdk\recovery.img"

Any other questions, feel free to PM me or just post em up on here. I really like this recovery so I'll be checking back often for updates :)

adb reboot bootloader

Thanks,

sleepy

[ON HOLD]
    [/ON HOLD

Just thought I'd post an update. After downloading the latest CM nightly via CyanDelta, I clicked the 'Install Zip' button and my phone rebooted into COT and automatically flashed the new ROM. The first text displayed on the COT screen was 'Waiting for SD card to mount (20s)' and on the next line, 'SD Card mounted'. Everything went as expected, but I wasn't able to grab a copy of the recovery.log file as the phone automatically booted into Android after flashing. I then rebooted into COT from Android and the 'Unable to mount SD Card' message was again displayed on the main screen, but COT allowed me to create a Nandroid backup without error.

Hope that helps,

sleepy