Any fix for black lines flashing across screen?

Search This thread

adelancker

May 9, 2012
Antwerp
From time to time, a black horizontal line flashes across the screen, usually in the upper third (at least when I noticed), seems to be random. Looks like a GPU driver issue (maybe NVidia's fault?) because it appeared first with the JB updates.

Seems like it is on the top third of the screen indeed. I also think it might be (Tegra) drivers related...

Still Asus should be able to fix this!

Maybe we should all start a facebook page and like it, send it Asus so they know just how many people are taking the black lines as a serious issue!

jupppo

Apr 18, 2007
My lines start in the middle of the screen and move quickly up. If you use the 700MHz GPU kernel the lines are moving much faster :cowboy:

scott.m

Aug 19, 2012
Does this happen on custom rom jb as well? I have flickering black lines all the time, homescreen and browser are most obvious spots

Would be interesting to know if a person has flashed a custom jb rom after experiencing this issue in stock. It would narrow down if its asus's problem, or if its google/nvidia driver or something

jupppo

Apr 18, 2007
Does this happen on custom rom jb as well? I have flickering black lines all the time, homescreen and browser are most obvious spots

Would be interesting to know if a person has flashed a custom jb rom after experiencing this issue in stock. It would narrow down if its asus's problem, or if its google/nvidia driver or something

Yes, I am on CleanRom and I have the line as well. As mentioned earliervin this thread, it might be a driver issue.

Ready2Mosh

Jun 18, 2007
My black line is gone but I have a different issue now, my screen shifts about an 1/8 of the screen to the right for a split second, weird. This its really the only issue I've run into since the last update.

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
I had to go read the entire thread again, and while I saw a few comments that stated they DID have black lines with CleanROM 2.7.2, I saw nothing from you stating that you didn't. Are you sure you didn't just dream that part? ;)
Also, CROMI v2.7.2 still gets me my daily shovel-full of black lines across the screen. ;) Not a big problem, but nonetheless...And indeed this was your first post in this thread, ameisval, -- what had you been smoking? ;)

drherron

Jan 5, 2012
Albany
Never see them over HDMI

This may be a stupid thing to point out but I have never seen them through the HDMI output. Might that at least refine where the problem is coming from?

Reactions: lucius.zen

dc_01

May 22, 2012
hi there, allow me one remark, as the black flickering lines do not appear with ICS, a hardware issue can be excluded i guess. i only saw the lines with JB that is why i returned to ICS.

Grgirard

Jan 8, 2013
flicker in cm10?

Does anyone know if the dreaded black lines are in cm10 or any other ROMs? I may root and flash just to get rid of them if this is so. It would be worth voiding the warranty.

Bluemgt06

Apr 16, 2012
Motorola Razr 5G
I'm running CleanRom 3.2.2 and I don't see the lines unless I put my tablet in powersave and then it's rare if I see one. If I use an app to disable some of the CPUs I see them alot more when I'm in powersave. I haven't looked recently but the tablets black lines totally freak out when I plug in HDMI sometimes, as in 100's of lines flickering on the screen at once but only on the tablet the TV is fine and it only seems to happen when I'm on the launcher.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

king231

Feb 11, 2013
Hyderabad
Google Pixel 7
I'd say that the black lines are almost gone. I wouldn't even notice one in 2 days but I do notice. Today I rotated the tablet from landscape to potrait mode while a page was loading on chrome and there was some line there.

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
Seriously, what black lines? I have never seen anything at all. I am completely stock in every way, not even rooted.

Are you still on ICS firmware? The black lines started to appear with the JB update.

Try the "Black Hole" live wallpaper (preview is enough) - whatever it does, it makes the flickering line appear every few seconds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was having them, but didn't notice any since the update I got today. I *think* they fixed it... I'm looking for somebody to confirm that I'm not dreaming... ;)

I confirm, no black flashing lines post 23 update on JB
    Never see them over HDMI

This may be a stupid thing to point out but I have never seen them through the HDMI output. Might that at least refine where the problem is coming from?