{All 2011}[DISCONTINUED][FAQ][Q&A][CM10.1] LegacyXperia discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Rrreutel

Sep 12, 2012
LX 20131010 Urushi: no wifi?

Tonight I spotted a new LX CM10.1 20131010 nightly for Urushi, and as a big fan of Mike's ROM, I immediately flashed it.

First thing I noticed that wifi isn't working.The wifi slider in settings is greyed out, and no wifi symbol appears in the status bar. Wifi tethering is not functional either (can enable wifi hotspot, but no tether symbol in status bar, and no network is available to other wifi devices)

I double checked that I have the kernel from the 20131010 nightly (3.4.65-nAa+). I wiped cache and dalvik after flashing, rebooted to be sure.

Just a heads up that there's a chance the 20131010 nightly (at least for Urushi) has a wifi issue.

PS Posting here as I can't post in dev thread yet.

edit: logcat of attempt to switch on wifi at pastebin.com/TC7mBYrS

Last edited:

toster88

Mar 30, 2013
HTC U Ultra
Wifi

Hi,
ROM is great so far :) The only problem I've discovered is that the device isn't going sleep after turning on and off wifi. Is this a known problem?
I've tried to search the solution for this, but didn't find it.

Thx in advance

Vamire

Oct 3, 2010
720p is disabled bcuz: 1. low framerate=vids are crappy /2. it wastes 20mb RAM ALL THE TIME (even if u not use camera :p)
FM radio: no kernel above 3.x.x have fm radio

Thanks for reply. :good:
Btw can i use this rom with an other kernel 2.x.x. just for radio fm?
Thanks again

MisieXXX

Jan 2, 2012
Hi!

1st of all I just wanted to say, that I flashed the newest nightly for iyokan (1010) yesterday and I had no issues with touch (or any other for that matter). I had stable installed before that.

I have a few questions related with physical keyboard, and would like to know, which of those are bugs and which are lacks of features (not ported from SE, since LXP is vanilla CM):
- there is no indication in the notification bar if shift/alt was pressed once or twice or at all
- in the default android browser you are not able to use shift/alt in any form fields (like search forms i.e.)
- there is no swype available for the on-screen keyboard (was available in stock ICS)

I also can't find "wipe battery stats" in the recovery provided with rom

Last edited:

JovieBrett

Dec 17, 2012
Manila
I saw some new improvements listed on the changelog. Is it really usable or for testing only? Video stabilization and 720p is now enabled? Oh god, I can't wait!

Sent from my Xperia Mini using xda app-developers app

mikeioannina

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2011
Ioannina
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
I saw some new improvements listed on the changelog. Is it really usable or for testing only? Video stabilization and 720p is now enabled? Oh god, I can't wait!

Sent from my Xperia Mini using xda app-developers app

Not real 720p, it's 864x480 but it will show up as 720p option in the camera app.
I have tested 720p and is totally unusable (lags like hell), plus it needs ~20mb ram more to function.

T3sla

Jan 14, 2012
Thessaloniki
Great rom.So far no problems.Congratulations mike and big thanx for your work !!!
I don't know if this request fits on this thread or in development section but can you make the rom be installed with data usage off?Cause as you may know some providers charge you without warning.Of course there is the option of installing without sim but it would be easier this way.

MisieXXX

Jan 2, 2012
Hi!

1st of all I just wanted to say, that I flashed the newest nightly for iyokan (1010) yesterday and I had no issues with touch (or any other for that matter). I had stable installed before that.

I have a few questions related with physical keyboard, and would like to know, which of those are bugs and which are lacks of features (not ported from SE, since LXP is vanilla CM):
- there is no indication in the notification bar if shift/alt was pressed once or twice or at all
- in the default android browser you are not able to use shift/alt in any form fields (like search forms i.e.)
- there is no swype available for the on-screen keyboard (was available in stock ICS)

I also can't find "wipe battery stats" in the recovery provided with rom

No answers? I would like to know if I should report those as bugs or not

Rrreutel

Sep 12, 2012
PEBPAC?

Tonight I spotted a new LX CM10.1 20131010 nightly for Urushi, and as a big fan of Mike's ROM, I immediately flashed it.
First thing I noticed that wifi isn't working.
Just a heads up that there's a chance the 20131010 nightly (at least for Urushi) has a wifi issue.

Problem Existed Between Phone And Chair I suppose... :eek:

After a renewed download and installation the CM10.1 20131010 nightly now works fine on my Urushi. @Mike: Sorry for any FUD I may have caused, didn't mean to stain the reputation of your fantastically smooth CM10.1 ROM!

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
No answers? I would like to know if I should report those as bugs or not
pls dont take it bad & 1st thanx for effort to report bugs, :good:, but to make it short:

1: this is like a animation: nice thing, but if u dont implement it dont show up (so iuts more like a addon)
2: poosilbe lack of features. i dunno if @mikeioaninna counts this as a bug (->to fix) or exclude its support :(
3. this is only for that keyboard installed as standart, dl google keyboard or other 3rd party it will work.
4. simply it technically useless

Reactions: MisieXXX

chepoz

Sep 5, 2011
City of Idiots
what's EOL on 20131018?

Edit: Just flashed the kernel inside zip, and...CWM goes wrong... It's inverted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It means that the ROM will no longer be updated or may discontinue rebuilding a new one except for major fixes :)
    Someone correct me if Im wrong.

I really hope you're wrong, 4.2.2 could get so many more improvements, and still has plenty bugs to solve..

I simply cannot maintain 3 android versions at the same time...
    I will stop building 10.1. CM has frozen the code of 10.1 so every bug that is related to upstream code will not get accepted.
    If there are any major device-specific fixes in the future, I might release a final build.

I am also planning to stop cm10.2 support when CM releases their final build in a few days/weeks, so I can fully focus on cm11. All devs have left the 2011 scene, I'm only one person and I can't maintain everything. Let's hope I will manage to get the new kernel that I'm working on running soon. That might attract some devs back to 2011 line.
    New RC1 changelog appeared for the second time!! Previously we got RC1 at 20131024. Now again RC1 at 201312XX!! It should be RC4.
    @mikeioannina Don't know why animated bootlogo will be remove from latest CM10 build. Is it reduce booting time?

Reduce boot time & boot.img size

thats good but why are you still maintaining cm10.1 and release candidate build appears again we already have 3 RC 10.1 builds :confused:
    it's better close 10.1 & 10.2 builds before new year because cm now focusing on cm11 ... other thing i'm a big fan of your work kitkat seems to be suitable for our device we just want you to focus more on kitkat cm11 :fingers-crossed:

cm11 is still missing many CM features, that's why I still maintain 10.1 & 10.2
    I'm trying to fix some bugs until CM ports more features to cm11

I still use 10.2 as my daily driver so I will continue to maintain it.

My main priority is the new ION kernel but it's going to take time, not an easy job
    Final release

## Release build 20140302 - cm-10.1
    * Latest cm10.1 changes
    * Updated kernel to 3.4.82
    * Enable back camera mic
    * Revert: hardware acceleration optimization for low mem devices
    * Add option to enable High End graphic effects in performance settings
    * Removed touchscreen fw loader on coconut/mango/satsuma/smultron/iyokan
    * Removed animated bootlogo
    * Fixed camera timelapse mode
    * Fixed cyrillic hardware keyboard layout on mango/iyokan
    * Fixed lockscreen PIN layout on coconut/mango/satsuma/smultron
    * Backported extra_free_kbytes from KitKat
    * Enabled Qualcomm bionic optimizations
    * Allow .tar backups in CWM
    * Re-enable CWM SD card partitioning settings
    * Corrected device name/manufacturer
    * Kernel changes:
    - Updated msm_serial_hs driver (affects bluetooth)
    - Updated mmc code to CAF jb_2.5 branch (affects SD performance)
    - Updated zRAM for better performance
    - Updated lowmemorykiller
    - Added exFAT filesystem support
    - Added NTFS rw support
    - Added profiling (oprofile) support
    - Updated ondemand bootspulse frequency
    - Boot with 1GHz instead of 1.2GHz by default
    - Removed SmartassH3 governor (It's 100% same as smartassv2)
    - Updated BFQ io scheduler

Basketbuild buildbot is not functional yet so I am building on my home PC.
    Builds will roll alphabetically until tomorrow.

This is the final build that will be released with the current PMEM kernel.
    I saw some kernel changes for latest CM11 and CM10.2 builds. Is there any chance to get those kernel features for CM10.1?

cm-10.1 won't be updated until the new ION kernel is ready