The thought of a tablet

Search This thread

alpinesun

Mar 20, 2013
So, I was just hear playing with my phone on the couch and thought to myself, an 8 inch or bigger version of this would be awesome as a tablet. This is what android needs; a premium built tablet with boom sound speakers and a minimalist skin on top of stock android. I have gone back and forth between an iPad Air and nexus 7 for the past few months and neither one of them completely satisfies. Although, many find enjoyment with the size of the Nexus or simplicity of the iPad, I find myself wanting the perfect in between; an android tablet in the body of an iPad. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

YoungAceAtlanta

Feb 8, 2009
New York, NY
instagram.com
It's a great idea and i hope HTC decides to get back into the tablet market. The last time HTC released a tablet it was beyond overpriced if you ask me. The HTC Jetstream exclusive to AT&T for $800.

Last edited:

txtech89

Jul 20, 2013
It's a great idea and i hope HTC decides to get back into the tablet market. The last time HTC released a tablet it was beyond overpriced if you ask me. The HTC Jetstream exclusive to AT&T for $800.

I think if HTC does a tablet. It needs to be non exclusive, sell WiFi options and have carrier based versions. And don't skimp on specs.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

aiwapro

Mar 15, 2007
I think if HTC does a tablet. It needs to be non exclusive, sell WiFi options and have carrier based versions. And don't skimp on specs.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I like Android, and have had it since the original Galaxy, but the Surface Pro 2 from Microsoft is quite nice. It's not cheap, but built very well. They thought of almost everything on the hardware side. The software is nice as well. The RT 2 is less expensive, but I'm not sure exactly how close it comes to the Pro 2 version. Both Surfaces are certainly worth a trip to Best Buy or The Microsoft Store.

TheEmpyre

Sep 23, 2012
Read an article that claims HTC is making the next Nexus tablet for Google. Wish I had the link but I read it this morning. Won't be sense, but it'll be a HTC tablet lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Roefastford

Oct 18, 2011
I would like to see a 12 htc one max tablet with stereo boom speakers. And with a real good processor not some dual core piece of ancient tech. I dont know why so many tablets have slow old processors. Actually I would prefer it be windows based because android you only get 2 years of updates at max then your forgotten and expected to buy new, where windows is always update able so two years later your not stuck with an old out of date operating system. Like give me a break make them worth keeping more than 2 years and not be disposable. How many old tablets do you see for sale that have android 4.0, 4.1 or even 4.2 because they are basically disposable when they get out dated and you cant update them, that is why windows tablets are a better investments. Now phones dont matter as most of use update every year or 2 at max, but tablets we want to keep longer.

Reactions: GalaxyNotesTx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would like to see a 12 htc one max tablet with stereo boom speakers. And with a real good processor not some dual core piece of ancient tech. I dont know why so many tablets have slow old processors. Actually I would prefer it be windows based because android you only get 2 years of updates at max then your forgotten and expected to buy new, where windows is always update able so two years later your not stuck with an old out of date operating system. Like give me a break make them worth keeping more than 2 years and not be disposable. How many old tablets do you see for sale that have android 4.0, 4.1 or even 4.2 because they are basically disposable when they get out dated and you cant update them, that is why windows tablets are a better investments. Now phones dont matter as most of use update every year or 2 at max, but tablets we want to keep longer.