[Q] ROM with no connection to Cyanogen or MIUI

Search This thread

pickarooney

Apr 4, 2011
Hi,

I have this weird issue where every time I flash a Cyanogen based mod, (CM itself, SlimBean etc.) my IMEI gets wiped (see here) and I have no way of recoving it unless I flash a MIUI ROM which adds a dummy IMEI and then run a tool to recover the actual one.

What ROMS are out there that are not based on CM apart from MIUI (which is simply too slow on this phone)?

Alternatively, if anyone knows a way of flashing CM or SlimBean without it deleting the phone's IMEI, I'm all ears.

edit: If I had to guess I'd say there's something messed up with the partitions although I can't imagine what. Maybe Odin has some feature to detect/fix such a thing?

Thanks
P

Last edited:

Gokulbalram

Apr 22, 2013
Pune
Hi,

I have this weird issue where every time I flash a Cyanogen based mod, (CM itself, SlimBean etc.) my IMEI gets wiped (see here) and I have no way of recoving it unless I flash a MIUI ROM which adds a dummy IMEI and then run a tool to recover the actual one.

What ROMS are out there that are not based on CM apart from MIUI (which is simply too slow on this phone)?

Alternatively, if anyone knows a way of flashing CM or SlimBean without it deleting the phone's IMEI, I'm all ears.

edit: If I had to guess I'd say there's something messed up with the partitions although I can't imagine what. Maybe Odin has some feature to detect/fix such a thing?

Thanks
P

Which CM do you use?