[Live Wallpaper] Album Art - RELEASED!

Search This thread

David Horn

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2008
Manchester
Have spent a bit more time working on Live Wallpapers, and the newest one pulls your album art and shows it on the home screen, a bit like the screensaver OS X comes with.

Features:

* Accesses your Android album art library (if you see it in Music Player, you see it here...)
* Shuffle feature
* Compatible with LauncherPro
* Very fast (approx 0.5 seconds on first load)
* Smooth scrolling between screens
* Periodically changes individual covers
* Opaque setting to make pale text easier to read.

Update:

Thanks to the team of beta testers who did a great job helping me identify bugs and implement a few new features. The Album Art Live Wallpaper is now released to the Market for 99p, and a demo is also available for free.

chart

Album Art Live Wallpaper

chart

Album Art Live Wallpaper (Demo)

Free copies:

If you encounter a serious problem in the demo (for example, it won't load on your phone) and you work with me to fix it by sending a log entry etc, you get to keep a free copy. ;-)

Update v1.1 (16/07/10):

Just uploaded version 1.1 to the Market. Amongst other fixes this addresses an issue where incomplete album art collections resulted in a large number of grey Android tiles (missing artwork) showing on the home screen. The app will now make 10 attempts to find a replacement tile before giving up and moving on.

Update v1.2 (19/07/10):

Various bug fixes; possible solution for Droid users ("Use internal storage" option), greyscale rendering.

greyscale.png

Download the demo below or on the Android Market. It's only 99p and took a huge amount of time and effort to get to this point, so if you like it, please buy it!

Last edited:
Reactions: srihari210

dudebro

Sep 5, 2008
San Antonio
I would really like to try this out. I put a lot of music on my phone to listen to frequently.

wouldn't mind being a beta tester for you if you need anymore.

J

JupiterDroid

PM'ed you mate;)

JD

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

sputnik99

Aug 12, 2006
only two testers? Let me be no. 3.

errh... waited to long, now I am not no. 3 anymore.
Anyway...

kitsunisan

Jan 2, 2009
Are you guys just posting here, or pm'ing him? He did specify a pm to let him know. Just checking. ;) Also, let him know about your phone, what kind it is(most likely N1 if you're reading this thread), what rom you're running(which I forgot to do, it's Cyanogen 5.0.8), and what kind of home you have, I'm sure he'd want to see a wide mix of home replacements to see if any of them have any issues.

Last edited:

Dallas Johnson

Jan 17, 2010
Mesa
count me in too!
also another idea would be to have this
as a background to the waveform live wallpaper
that would be sick when listening to music :]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have spent a bit more time working on Live Wallpapers, and the newest one pulls your album art and shows it on the home screen, a bit like the screensaver OS X comes with.

Features:

* Accesses your Android album art library (if you see it in Music Player, you see it here...)
    * Shuffle feature
    * Compatible with LauncherPro
    * Very fast (approx 0.5 seconds on first load)
    * Smooth scrolling between screens
    * Periodically changes individual covers
    * Opaque setting to make pale text easier to read.

Update:

Thanks to the team of beta testers who did a great job helping me identify bugs and implement a few new features. The Album Art Live Wallpaper is now released to the Market for 99p, and a demo is also available for free.

chart

Album Art Live Wallpaper

chart

Album Art Live Wallpaper (Demo)

Free copies:

If you encounter a serious problem in the demo (for example, it won't load on your phone) and you work with me to fix it by sending a log entry etc, you get to keep a free copy. ;-)

Update v1.1 (16/07/10):

Just uploaded version 1.1 to the Market. Amongst other fixes this addresses an issue where incomplete album art collections resulted in a large number of grey Android tiles (missing artwork) showing on the home screen. The app will now make 10 attempts to find a replacement tile before giving up and moving on.

Update v1.2 (19/07/10):

Various bug fixes; possible solution for Droid users ("Use internal storage" option), greyscale rendering.

greyscale.png

Download the demo below or on the Android Market. It's only 99p and took a huge amount of time and effort to get to this point, so if you like it, please buy it!
    Time for an update, and a confession:

You might have noticed that I've been a bit quiet on here with regards to updates etc. Well, part of the reason for this is workload, but the main explanation is a computer screw-up which accidentally deleted the source code to the project.

I'm now back on version 1.1 (which was the last working backup) and obviously have a bit of catching up to do. Having said that, using some of the lessons learned from version 1 is leading me to a slight redesign that should allow images to be plucked from any of the libraries on the phone, including photos and contact thumbnails.

As the saying goes, watch this space. :)

Thanks to everyone for their support on this project.