[ROM] Unofficial CyanogenMod 9 [BLECM9 0.02]

Search This thread

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
I'm sorry for the delay, but my time has really gone to kernel other than the ROM itself.

Luckily the kernel is coming together, camera and accelerometer is left, so I will just have to put it all working inside the ROM. I am also lacking the experience on the ROM (it's my first if you did not know).

Once it's all together, it will be great, trust me on this.

demolition23

Dec 15, 2009
Oiniades
I'm sorry for the delay, but my time has really gone to kernel other than the ROM itself.

Luckily the kernel is coming together, camera and accelerometer is left, so I will just have to put it all working inside the ROM. I am also lacking the experience on the ROM (it's my first if you did not know).

Speed of this rom?
Really cant wait!!!

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....

hold it man:)...you...sorry...:p...nah...no need to be....:)...it's not many people to even accept this kind of task here(if any:p)....so...i think every one should support you in any way possible....maybe donation or just simple click on thanks button will do:)....so...
I hope i'll see first build uploaded soon....but....take as much time as you need it...and first CM9 rom for x5 will fly:D:D:)
Cheers;)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Sent from my SGS-II powered by CM9
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

AceDroidX

May 18, 2011
Athens
Hey blefish I heard that cm9 is stable now. I hope you managed to make this ROM ready soon enough cuz, sadly, my exams are starting soon enough ( and I won't be able to help at the bug reports ) plus I really can't wait for this!!

Keep up the good work. ;)

Sent from my U8800

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
Hi blefish,

Can I ask you, when will the new version of CM9? :confused: It is really long time... I hope it will be soon. :D

Thanks for the reply :D

Sorry for my bad English :mad:

DANG guys....There's NO ETA's for CyanogenMod roms AT ALL!!...that is the 1st & main rule in CM dev.....only thing that saves you is.....PATIENCE.....period....
Cheers;)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Sent from my SGS-II powered by CM9
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

lemonade747

Jul 9, 2012
It's sooooooo hot! I cant wait! :eek:

+++++++++++++++++++
‡ Sent From My U8800 ‡
+++++++++++++++++++

AceDroidX

May 18, 2011
Athens
Hey blefish. I noticed that you got a new PC and that you are almost done with the kernel. Can we expect any update soon enough?

Sent from my U8800

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Current status: CM10.1 in the works and this version will not be updated.

Got started with the project in January, I'm now ready to present you my first custom ROM (and kernel) - BLECM9!

First of all - BACKUP! This is not stable for everyday use just yet.

It also includes my own kernel, based on the latest CAF source code (ics_chocolate). The kernel gets frequent updates from CAF and me. Kernel version is 3.0.8. It's not as stable in the beginning but a better choice in the long term.

It won't include Google Apps, you need to manually install gapps package, as any other CM rom is by default.

Prequisites
    • U8800 upgraded to 2.3
    • ClockworkMod Recovery v5.5.0.4, not tested in v5.0.2.7
    Instructions for Installing
    1. Download the latest version of BLECM9 (Downloads below).
    2. Copy the package to your internal/external SD card.
    3. Reboot to recovery.
    4. Flash the update package.
      Optional: Install Gapps package (Downloads below).
    5. Reboot and wait. The first boot takes around 2 minutes.

Additional Notes
    • Report issues.
    • Changelog.
    • No, this won't work on U8800-51 or U8800Pro.
    • Atmel TS users, 0.02 will not work for you. I am establishing a new driver, to make the driver standard. Please standby as this is my top priority.
    • Everybody, send me logs if something does not work. This kernel is under heavy development. On computer with ADB set up: "adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log" and send the dmesg.log

Major Bugs
    • No Atmel TS support.
    • RIL issues (does not detect all SIMs)
    • NT35510 seems to have issues when turning on the screen (confirm?)
    • Unstable backlight on low values.
    • Wifi MAC address is 00:11:22:33:44:55
    • No Camera.
    • No Bluetooth.
    • No FM radio.
    • No audio (except ringtone/alarm)
    • Sometimes glitchy hardware acceleration.
    • No sensors.
    • More...

Credits: Huge thanks to dzo - without the proprietary blobs from him, this would've not been possible.

This is not just a work of mine, recently another developer joined the process and we are working together.
    Collaborators: asm19

Feel free to contact me and also - contribute! Links for the source code is up on my GitHub (signature).
    Follow my Twitter to see my development progress.
    I created the source from scratch, no U8800pro involved here. I have not tested A2DP.

But yes, to confirm, I am preparing a release, as I am making final adjustments to partitioning script and testing it on my phone over the night.
    I am still working on CM9, but will move to CM10 when the first RC is up. But mostly my time goes to kernel, got some good things for the next version.

Sent from my U8800 using Tapatalk 2
    Any improvements? I'm waiting about atmel ts support for very long time. Is there a chance for new version soon? Thanks :rolleyes:

Still no Atmel TS support (will be in 0.03 though). I enabled notification leds and also some USB host support (buggy, with a hub). Accelerometer/Magnetometer is working on kernel side, now I need to make the correct Android HAL library. Audio is fixed, unsure about the in-call volume yet. I am trying to add LPA (Low Power Audio) and TV-Out too (supported by the device). NT35510 should be fixed, let's see in the next version. Backlight flickering is a to-do: NT35582 chip allows multiple backlight controlling systems like CABC and LABC. The HWAcceleration bugs *should* be fixed, but not tested. Wi-Fi MAC address is still not right, I think it's missing a library/binary. GPS should be fixed too, although not tested.

I might not add the new bootloader yet, I need to make this fully stable, perhaps then.

Sorry for the messed up list, I made it in a hurry.