[Q] When Flashing the KitKat Update, Will I need to update my bootloader as well?

Search This thread

LHNothing

May 26, 2014
Edmonton
Hi All,

I'm pretty new at this, so I hope I'm asking in the right place.
I'm waiting for the US KitKat update to come out via SamMobile, but I'm wondering if I need to update my bootloader at the same time that I flash the update?

I've read on this (Samsung Galaxy Note 8) Forum that some people where experiencing broken wifi when they updated with the UK KitKat version, and some were speculating that this could be because the bootloader in their device isn't compatible with KitKat?

I kinda wish I wouldn't have rooted and gone down this rabbit hole, but I figured that this would be the best way to get updates, also I really wanted to uninstall bloatware.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question!

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
The official update should automatically update the bootloader, you can easily flash a full stock image and you should be good if that's the route you want to take.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LHNothing

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
You are welcome, furthermore you can go here to get the full factory 4.1 image to flash http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41683517

[ROM]6/23/2013StockFACTORY IMAGE FOR N5110; N5110MD1,N5110UEEMF1,UEEMF2 FULL FIRMWARE

These are links to factory images that I have pulled from different sources and have posted here for you guys to use to to restore your tablets to factory out of the box status they all work. Personal......

pvsgh

Nov 16, 2011
Yes you would be able to install CM11 as well as 4.2.2 version ROMS.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The official update should automatically update the bootloader, you can easily flash a full stock image and you should be good if that's the route you want to take.