[Q] Emergency Download mode to install generic firmware

Search This thread
Jul 21, 2011
Hi guys,

I bought a phone from Amazon.de which was an unlocked Vodafone branded E900. I want to use it on o2 uk.

I've been following the thread over here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=935578 which has been absolutely brilliant.

I'm really struggling to put my phone into Emergency Download mode. I get right up to the stage where I've selected the COM port range and set the DLL and European open firmware in LGDP2_V36_UMTS, but when I connect the phone it just boots up as usual.

How can I put it into Emergency Download mode so it accepts the older firmware?

Would really appreciate the help, not being able to set up MMS or proper APNs is driving me crazy. I cannot use the LG Network Setup app as I get the common "LG ADC feature was been disabled" error.

Many thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Paul

Model: LG-E900
OS Version: 7.0.7392.0
Firmware version: 1.0.7.10

BakedGoodsX

Oct 29, 2010
Have you done these steps?

4. The phone call # # 634 # (# # # MFG)
5. MFG application appears, the password is 277634 # * # (* # # APPMFG)
6. Go to Menu then 7.Engineering 3.Port 1.USB Switching Setting then select 2.QC Composite, change the driver for the USB, reboot the phone

Mine wasn't working either till I did that. Then emergency download mode was no problem.

Jul 21, 2011
Answered my own question - the software would not access the phone using Windows 7 (64 bit) but worked absolutely fine on the girlfriend's WinXP netbook.

I now have beautifully unlocked European firmware.

Now, roll on Mango :D

markvale

Jul 21, 2011
As for Emergency Download Mode, that caught me out. The keys to hold down are:
Vol *down*, Camera and Power.

The instructions imply VOL+ (i.e. Vol Up). Not!

Reactions: diart

SicilianBoy

Aug 30, 2008
im also trying to put this phone in emergency mode but still no luck! i press vol down then camera and then power on but the phone boots normally!

what am i doing wrong?

i have to do vol down camera and power on and then put the usb cable?

how many seconds do i have to hold them?

the phone always boots normally its driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!! :(

thanks a lot in advance for the help!

rryckis

May 8, 2011
I press only 2 buttons: Volume down+Cam and then insert USB cable and I have Emergency/Download mode

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As for Emergency Download Mode, that caught me out. The keys to hold down are:
    Vol *down*, Camera and Power.

The instructions imply VOL+ (i.e. Vol Up). Not!