KIDIGI Desktop Cradle/Charging Station[FULL REVIEW] >>>.LOTS OF PICS<<<

Search This thread

Ambious

May 11, 2008
Haifa
Great review! Thanks!
Too bad it doesn't use the pogo pins, though. Would have probably also eliminated the wobbliness.
On an unrelated note, am I the only one who kept reading KIGIDI as Giggity?
quagmire_giggity_giggity_goo-s433x481-38244.jpg

f4rell09

Mar 16, 2011
newcastle upon tyne
I have one of these and love it. It looks awesome and is very nicely built.
+1 here.,.
i just bought one ,,and using it now ,,nice dock for the price,,,just want to ask anybody now here of a good bluetooth keyboard that works well with one x,,thanks ,,coz i normally attach the dock to my lcd tv using mhl,,,,,,i know its out of the topic,,but just want to know if somebody here is using one?thanks,

Last edited:

007xico

Aug 3, 2011
I am confused,
there are two versions of this dock, usb and hdmi?
Do both charge the same way (what i mean the same, is when plugged to charger)?

If i buy the usb one, can i connect a mhl cable and play videos or do i have to remove it from the dock?

Thanks in advance

Aleemz

Aug 30, 2006
I am confused,
there are two versions of this dock, usb and hdmi?

Yes

Do both charge the same way (what i mean the same, is when plugged to charger)?

I think so.

If i buy the usb one, can i connect a mhl cable and play videos or do i have to remove it from the dock?

Yes, you can connect the mhl cable directly to the dock and leave the phone in the dock to use the mhl feature.

007xico

Aug 3, 2011
Yes

I think so.

Yes, you can connect the mhl cable directly to the dock and leave the phone in the dock to use the mhl feature.

Thanks for your reply.

Is this the best dock for HOX?
I just find ridiculous that such a high quality phone doesn't have more accessories available.
Pogo pin case is an example, where are the cases????

Thanks.

Aleemz

Aug 30, 2006
Thanks for your reply.

Is this the best dock for HOX?

I don't have experience of other HOX docks, but from what I have read, and having owned the Kidigi dock for a few days, this one is okay.

My only concern with it is that the micro usb socket on the phone takes a lot of the weight of the phone. When my phone is on the cradle, the back of the phone isn't resting on the dock, and I can rock the phone back and forth slighly with my finger, and I can't see this being good for the phone's micro usb socket.

I have considered adding some stick-on pads at the back of the dock so that that the back of the phone rests on these.

My other slight concern is that the phone has to be pressed into the dock/usb plug very firmly to get it into position. I did see a review from someone who used a dremel/mini power tool to file down the two little prongs on the micro usb plug to make it easier to insert and remove the phone from the dock.

Having said that, the dock does it's job and appears to be the best of the bunch at the moment.

I just find ridiculous that such a high quality phone doesn't have more accessories available.
Pogo pin case is an example, where are the cases????

Thanks.

I suspect the reason we don't have the range and quality of third-party accessories is because HTC tends to release a gazillion (a lot of) phones in a given time scale compared to the likes of Apple so any products for a HTC phone have a shorter shelf life.

Within 6 months a top-end HTC phone will have been replaced by a newer model, so it doesn't make sense for companies to invest heavily in HTC poduct development.

Juicie

Sep 19, 2008
I'm having issues charging using this dock. My HOX always complains about it. On the back it says output 500mA. Is there a way to get it to output 1000mA for example using the original 1000mA HTC charger?

Nitin985

Jun 30, 2010
I'm going to bying this soon, the hdmi version. Is this still a good choice for £20 or is there better ones out?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

CJZ

Sep 11, 2012
Really want this so much:beer:

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KIDIGI Desktop Cradle/Charging Station[FULL REVIEW] >>>.LOTS OF PICS<<<

FULL REVIEW

This is the KIDIGI Desktop Cradle/ Charging Station customed designed to fit the HTC ONE X both WITH and WITHOUT CASES on.

The following are pictures showing the dock dimentions, shipping package (review unit), usb cable (Samsung?), and how the dock fits with and without a case on

REVIEW

Look and Feel
    After constantly using the dock for the past few days, I must admit this: this dock looks amazing. Its form and design flows with the shape of the One X, and its borders are not restricting, but also curves to create round edges that really adds on to the look of this dock. Its construction is 100% plastic, but there is a little premium feel to it with its glossy lip and matte sides. Though I do not understand fully as to why there is a back piece jutting out so much, it does indeed provide the support for when the phone is placed on top.

Usability:
    Advertised as the case fit version, it came with a plastic piece of adapter to be used when your phone is naked. The fit when case-less is perfect, with the polycarbonate body of the HOX just reaching the point where it would touch the plastic stand.

I was, however, very delighted to see that when the plastic adapter was taken off, the KIDIGI dock adapted all cases that I had, which was an OTTERBOX DEFENDER, and a Nillkin TPU case. The Otterbox when fitted, provided a very tight fit against the sides of the dock, where as the Nillkin left a little space, though both fit the dock perfectly. Thus, it is safe to say that any sort of case you have, would definitely fit on this dock.

It was a breeze to just dock my phone, and charge it, or simply to transfer data to my laptop. Though dock mode won’t activate by itself, this can be easily solved by using dock simulator from the play store.

Cons:
    There was only one little thing that I didn’t quite like about this dock. When the phone was docked, it was quite wobbly. Yes, I know that the only link between the phone and the dock is the connector, but extra space around the front and back were a bit excessively left, and this happens both with a case and without.

Would I recommend it?
    Yes, for the price and the amount of use it offers, I would definitely recommend this to any who is looking for a great looking, adaptable dock.

Feel free to ask any questions about the dock
    what about any clear tpu cases on the phone? do they still fit?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Yes it fits perfectly