[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus S 4G Thread

Search This thread

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

77cats

May 30, 2010
Bournemouth
Very useful. I rooted a Nexus 7 4.1.2 with it. :)
But it's now running 4.2, would it work again or do you need to update it?

Edit --

Yes, using the setting Any build. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: WugFresh

Butchr

Apr 22, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
Thanks much for this tool kit. I am a noob, and not inclined to use fastboot and ADB, but with this kit I was able to Take a factory refurbished S on Gingerbread and get it updated to 4.1.2.

Thanks much. I hope my step-daughter like her Christmas phone.

T679noob

Jan 14, 2012
Am I doing something wrong? I used the toolkit to unlock my Nexus 7 (jop40c)... bootloader shows unlocked... when I use the toolkit to root + custom recovery, it does it's thing, then goes to what I assume is the touch recovery. At this point, do I reboot to system? Toolkit roots while this touch recovery is loaded then says waiting for device to reboot. That's what I've done and I don't have a superuser.

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Am I doing something wrong? I used the toolkit to unlock my Nexus 7 (jop40c)... bootloader shows unlocked... when I use the toolkit to root + custom recovery, it does it's thing, then goes to what I assume is the touch recovery. At this point, do I reboot to system? Toolkit roots while this touch recovery is loaded then says waiting for device to reboot. That's what I've done and I don't have a superuser.

Help > About...

You will see that the update is now live. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

timnexus

Nov 1, 2011
Crestview FL
Not sure if I am doing something worng or not. I downloaded the file and went to install and it seems my laptop freezes on me. I downlaoded from Goo.im link. any suggestions?

Butchr

Apr 22, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
Don't use the toolkit to flash the rom. Once your phone is rooted you put the rom file on your phone, and boot into recovery to flash the rom.

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Don't use the toolkit to flash the rom. Once your phone is rooted you put the rom file on your phone, and boot into recovery to flash the rom.

You can do it that way, or use the "Flash zips" button in advanced utilities and it will take care of everything. It will push the zip and flash it. You can even have it do things like wipe first or backup, all in one automated task. There is also a suggested option to show you the best way to flash Roms or themes.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Everything nice and smooth but I can't root because the recovery fails to download with a goo.im error.
Nevertheless, thanks you so much for this incredible piece of software.
Cheers!

Another user reported to me that their firewall interfered with it. Try temporarily disabling and see if you no longer get the error.

{{ WugFresh }}

patrickjaden

Sep 11, 2012
Thanks!!! It works great for NS4G and plan on it working great for N4 :)

Temporary recovery can flash things just like regular, right?

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Would relock mean that it restores to complete factory state, so is still under warranty?

"Flash Stock + Unroot" Then "OEM Lock" and yes you will be back to a pure factory state and therefore your warranty would still apply unless you decided to explicitly disclose that you had unlocked your device.

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: itsmyname

itsmyname

Jan 4, 2012
London
"Flash Stock + Unroot" Then "OEM Lock" and yes you will be back to a pure factory state and therefore your warranty would still apply unless you decided to explicitly disclose that you had unlocked your device.

{{ WugFresh }}

Thanks man, I had an annoying problem on my 4.2 Nexus 7 with swiping between homescreens and pullback. Reverting back to 4.1.1 seemed to have fixed this

patrickjaden

Sep 11, 2012
Whenever I try to root my NS4G, it gets stuck on TWRP. I'd prefer CM but the application insists on flashing TWRP every time and the process fails at the "Waiting for your device to finish booting.." message...

bangishotyou

Dec 27, 2011
South Texas
Whenever I try to root my NS4G, it gets stuck on TWRP. I'd prefer CM but the application insists on flashing TWRP every time and the process fails at the "Waiting for your device to finish booting.." message...

Hmm. Had this happen to me the other day, but on my Nexus 7. I suggest you try it again, worked for me when I gave it a second try.

Then again, I was having issues with this toolkit and the one by mskip acting up randomly. Turns out it was just a bad USB cable on my part, replaced it and both toolkits started working fine at that point and I've had no issues since.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Root with NRT (Video by Rootjunky)

More videos here: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/
    Big thanks to ej8989 for asking me to post this here for the benefit of Nexus S 4G owners. This program supports all the Nexus devices but I was silly and only posted it the Nexus7 thread.

I will do my best to keep this program updated to support the latest builds for as long as possible. Cheers. ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    v1.6.2 is up in the OP and the update package is also live via Help > About... in the toolkit. Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

Help > About...

You will see that the update is now live. :)

{{ WugFresh }}