Trying to root 4.4.2 - odin won't flash any recovery

Search This thread

QuantumPSI

Mar 31, 2009
So I was on rooted 4.1.1 and then I think I got hit with the heartbleed. I THOUGHT I was on 4.1.2 but then I remembered that I downgraded. Anyway, I flashed 4.3 completely stock no root and then did the OTA update to 4.4.2. Now I'm trying to restore root.

For some odd reason, odin will not flash any sort of recovery. Any ideas?

QuantumPSI

Mar 31, 2009
Hmm, was able to flash CF auto root... I think it just didn't like .tar file. No explanation why. Either way, gonna try to get twrp going.

For anyone who isn't able to flash a custom recovery, try the chainfire method if you haven't already.

lilila

Dec 4, 2006
Hmm, was able to flash CF auto root... I think it just didn't like .tar file. No explanation why. Either way, gonna try to get twrp going.

For anyone who isn't able to flash a custom recovery, try the chainfire method if you haven't already.

So you were able to root the stock 4.4.2 on your L900 via odin- CF auto root, and got your custom recovery too?

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
Same here I had to flash CF auto root then philz_touch_6.07.9-l900.tar.md5 installed no issues. I used Odin 3.07 as .09 looked different from all the screen shots I saw. It may be fine but I didn't want to risk it.
Also want to say thanks to everyone on XDA. Second day with the Note and thanks to everyone here had no issues.

Reactions: ArchangelRenzoku

QuantumPSI

Mar 31, 2009
So you were able to root the stock 4.4.2 on your L900 via odin- CF auto root, and got your custom recovery too?

Yes, that is precisely correct. Once I used CF, I simply used goo.manager to flash twrp. Had to do the SD card write fix, but beyond that, I'm good to go.

Completely bone stock + root.

I love all the stuff people do with ROMs, but I just don't have the time (or patience) to keep up with it all and I really just need some specific root functionality.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: lilila

Chaz187

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 5, 2011
Orange city
Google set 4.4.xx up so you can't transfer files from internal storage to external. The patch fixes that.
Basically they want SD cards gone in favor of their cloud storage.

I have no issues transfer from internal to external on stock rooted 4.4.2.... works great....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had the same issue and CF auto root was the only way for me as well. Once CF was done I updated the recovery and its all good.
    Same here I had to flash CF auto root then philz_touch_6.07.9-l900.tar.md5 installed no issues. I used Odin 3.07 as .09 looked different from all the screen shots I saw. It may be fine but I didn't want to risk it.
    Also want to say thanks to everyone on XDA. Second day with the Note and thanks to everyone here had no issues.

Yes, that is precisely correct. Once I used CF, I simply used goo.manager to flash twrp. Had to do the SD card write fix, but beyond that, I'm good to go.

Completely bone stock + root.

I love all the stuff people do with ROMs, but I just don't have the time (or patience) to keep up with it all and I really just need some specific root functionality.

Hope this helps!