Sprint LG G2, can't install a custom recovery

Search This thread

pokemaster787

May 10, 2014
Hello all, I've got an LG G2 LS980 on 4.2.2 Jellybean. (I do not want to update to Kitkat) I cannot seem to install a custom recovery. I've read multiple guides and followed them all perfectly.. The ones using loki flash always give an error such as "Not a valid loki image" or "aboot version does not match the device" I've tried using the dd command on teamwin's site as well and all it did was completely remove my stock recovery. I've spent days trying to get this to work, please could someone help

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

wolfclan68

Aug 5, 2010
Chula Vista, Ca
Hello all, I've got an LG G2 LS980 on 4.2.2 Jellybean. (I do not want to update to Kitkat) I cannot seem to install a custom recovery. I've read multiple guides and followed them all perfectly.. The ones using loki flash always give an error such as "Not a valid loki image" or "aboot version does not match the device" I've tried using the dd command on teamwin's site as well and all it did was completely remove my stock recovery. I've spent days trying to get this to work, please could someone help

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Here is the guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2522965
You said you read multiple guides, so I'm sure you've done this one already. If so, I would suggest you .tot to ZVA and start over. I first installed recovery on ZVA and didn't have issues like yourself.

pokemaster787

May 10, 2014