[Q] Deleted the system on my s4 i9505

Search This thread

Ethereal95

Jun 16, 2014
Perth
Unfortunately I have deleted the system of my S4 i9505 from within TWRP :crying:

After having some fun with CyanogenMod I decided to try out the PAC rom. Following the installation instructions on their mod page I wiped the internal data of my phone but what as I was sliding the confirmation I realised that 'system' was checked. Too late :(

I have read through countless threads on this sight and others but have not had any success.

I have located the stock recovery image for my device.

When my device is first switched on I can still hit volume down + power button, and then volume up to enter the downloading mode (but if I don't the booting begins to loop at the Samsung Galaxy S4 logo and goes no further). Odin still recognises my phone and allows me to flash roms but when it does the auto re-boot at the end I don't have a system and it gets stuck on the booting at the Galaxy S4 logo.

Several threads have suggested that I Fastboot, I'm not sure if this is even an option with the S4 or not but please let me know if it you're sure that it is. I have been unsuccessful with my Fastboot attempts so far but if I just need to persevere with it then I can.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated :fingers-crossed:

Ethereal95

Jun 16, 2014
Perth
In TWRP. Setting and Enable MD5 verification of backup files. (It maybe help.) Or Skip MD5 generation of backup.

And why you don´t flash stock ROM via Odin?? :)

I'm not sure what the first part of your post means but I am not even able to access TWRP, that is the problem.

I have flashed the stock ROM via Odin. After I flash the ROM it does the normal re-boot. But I my phone loops on the splash screen without every actually re-booting properly.

It's really easy.

Just reflash TWRP true Odin. Then flash the rom you want. That's all you need to do.

I have reflashed it but as described above my phone fails to reboot after the flash.

I might be missing something here. I'm not sure how to get into recovery mode after flashing the ROM. Immediately as the device begins to re-boot I've tried holding power button + volume up + home button but the screen goes black and when I let go of the buttons the phone just auto boots itself.

EDIT: My phone automatically attempts to boot whenever it is connected to USB.

Last edited:

Ethereal95

Jun 16, 2014
Perth
1. Flash TWRP recovery true Odin. Make sure Auto-reboot is UNCHECKED. After it finished flashing, unplug it, reboot and try to get to recovery now.

I have done that again (now having turned off the Auto-reboot (thanks btw). I can get Odin to come up with a big green PASS for flashing TWRP. Now when I try to boot into recovery however the phone vibrates and the flash screen comes up but then it powers down again. I'm just holding power button + volume up + home button to attempt getting into recovery but it isn't working. Do I need to try and flash another ROM?

EDIT: SUCCESS!!!! I made it to recovery (apparently this post was premature). It looks like failing to un-check the auto-reboot in ODIN was the problem. Thanks a lot man, that was a massive help. From recovery I was able to flash my backup ROM.

Last edited:

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
I have done that again (now having turned off the Auto-reboot (thanks btw). I can get Odin to come up with a big green PASS for flashing TWRP. Now when I try to boot into recovery however the phone vibrates and the flash screen comes up but then it powers down again. I'm just holding power button + volume up + home button to attempt getting into recovery but it isn't working. Do I need to try and flash another ROM?

No a rom has nothing to do with the recovery not working. Are you holding the buttons long enough? Just try to hold them for like 30 seconds even if it reboots 3 times.

Reactions: Ethereal95

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Flash TWRP recovery true Odin. Make sure Auto-reboot is UNCHECKED. After it finished flashing, unplug it, reboot and try to get to recovery now.

No a rom has nothing to do with the recovery not working. Are you holding the buttons long enough? Just try to hold them for like 30 seconds even if it reboots 3 times.